1960 replies to this topic

#31 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:47 PM

wow what an awsome thread!! surprised to find this and other fans who like wrestling!!

Anyways, Sheamus is the best. Cena will turn heel before WM28, Ricardo Rodriguez is crazy for falling off the ladder at TLC, Eve Torres is hot.

Anyone know why Raw or Smackdown don't come here anymore? The live shows i'm talking about.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#32 CaNuCkSLoUiE23

CaNuCkSLoUiE23

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:00 PM

Eve Torres is hot.

You know it.

#33 kanucks25

kanucks25

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:50 PM

CM Punk's run is dying out because of the WWE. He had a GREAT thing going and was a face because of it which ended up killing him. When WWE saw he was a face, the decided to write him as a typical face. His "pipe-bomb" has turned more into a shaken up can of Coke lately.

An opponent for the Undertaker is tough these days because nobody really expects him to ever lose (especially with him going to 20-0 this year). Who can you ever think of that could come in and make you think the Undertaker might actually lose? Triple H again is a bad idea considering he is now 2-0 vs Trips at WM. I was thinking Nash could be OK but he hasn't gotten nearly enough push to be considered a threat.

I hope Jericho and Punk end up getting a match, without Shawn around there hasn't been much potential for a show-stealer. This could be it.

It's looking like Jericho/Punk right now but I think Punk could make you believe that he could beat Undertaker as long as they are given some time on Raw and/or Smackdown to build the rivalry. It doesn't have to be matches, just speeches and maybe interfering in matches.

Undertaker needs to stay home. His days are done. Would it be cool to see him again, sure.

I don't think anyone can deny that he can still put on one great show a year at WM as long as his counterpart is up to the task. :towel:

Posted Image

#34 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,685 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:04 PM

I'd like to see someone end Taker's streak.

That said, it'll be a slap in the face.

#35 hockeyfan87

hockeyfan87

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:43 PM

I'm not interested in Rock/Cena at Wrestlemania but this is the scenario that I think would reinvigorate the WWE.

Undertaker has one last match at Wrestlemania against Cena. Both go in as faces but the fans will support Undertaker and boo Cena mercilessly.

It would be ideal if Wrestlemania were in Chicago or Toronto as those are the two crowds that can usually make WWE matches more special.

Anyways Cena becomes fed up with being booed because of how hard he has worked for the fans and the company while Undertaker shows up once a year to cash a Wrestlemania pay check.

Over the three months before Wrestlemania Cena becomes more edgy and walks the line in his promos and matches but for all intents and purposes remains a face.

At Wrestlemania they have a good 25-30 minute match using multiple finishers on each other. The finish has Cena kicking out of Tombstone pile driver, Undertaker goes for a second one but Cena counters into the Attitude Adjustment. Undertaker kicks out. Fans go wild. Cena shows signs of frustration. He uses the brass knuckles when the ref isn't looking and beats Undertaker ending his streak.

I just can't think of anything more scandalous that could happen. Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak is one of the biggest things going in the history of pro wrestling. To have someone like Cena (and the biggest baby face since 80s Hulk Hogan) who has been shoved down our throats end it by cheating would have fans in an uproar. It would get a reaction. It would be great for business.

Other long time wrestling fans what do you think of my idea? Does this miss the mark or would such an event excite you?

#36 kanucks25

kanucks25

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:58 AM

I'm not interested in Rock/Cena at Wrestlemania but this is the scenario that I think would reinvigorate the WWE.

Undertaker has one last match at Wrestlemania against Cena. Both go in as faces but the fans will support Undertaker and boo Cena mercilessly.

It would be ideal if Wrestlemania were in Chicago or Toronto as those are the two crowds that can usually make WWE matches more special.

Anyways Cena becomes fed up with being booed because of how hard he has worked for the fans and the company while Undertaker shows up once a year to cash a Wrestlemania pay check.

Over the three months before Wrestlemania Cena becomes more edgy and walks the line in his promos and matches but for all intents and purposes remains a face.

At Wrestlemania they have a good 25-30 minute match using multiple finishers on each other. The finish has Cena kicking out of Tombstone pile driver, Undertaker goes for a second one but Cena counters into the Attitude Adjustment. Undertaker kicks out. Fans go wild. Cena shows signs of frustration. He uses the brass knuckles when the ref isn't looking and beats Undertaker ending his streak.

I just can't think of anything more scandalous that could happen. Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak is one of the biggest things going in the history of pro wrestling. To have someone like Cena (and the biggest baby face since 80s Hulk Hogan) who has been shoved down our throats end it by cheating would have fans in an uproar. It would get a reaction. It would be great for business.

Other long time wrestling fans what do you think of my idea? Does this miss the mark or would such an event excite you?

Would be a pretty good way to turn Cena heel but it'd have to be in 2013, and that may be too late. After this WM, Taker will be 20-0, and that seems like a good number to stop on.

You never know with the WWE, though. :P

Posted Image

#37 westsideconnect

westsideconnect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,705 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:01 AM

That's actually a great base for a feud, the whole "I work my ass off and you show up once a year yet the people love you way more than me etc."

Maybe next year, but seriously both the Undertaker and WWE (Vince) know that with all the Undertaker has done for the company over the years they're not going to take his greatest legacy away from him. So it'd have to end up being a Taker win.

I wonder if one day Undertaker will go to Vince and say "**** it, let's change it up. I'm ready to lose."
Matthew 6:33

#38 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,272 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:19 PM

I wonder if one day Undertaker will go to Vince and say "**** it, let's change it up. I'm ready to lose."

He already said in an interview that he doesn't care if someone breaks his streak, because he didn't want the streak to be bigger than the industry.

3blms.png

#39 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,900 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:15 PM

They probably won't do it until they can find that #1 face to replace him.

You'd think CM Punk would be on his way there but then I read that ratings are still down so the writers are thinking of taking the ball away from Punk soon.

I don't think they realize that the low ratings have to do with the general product (and it's direction) and the lack of main-card talent, not the #1 guy.

Hopefully this Jan. 2 return keeps us all happy for a while. :D

That is semi correct. For the most part, the ratings have been fine. The big issue was last week in the main event segment where it was Daniel Bryan, CM Punk and Zack Ryder against Del Rio, Miz and Ziggler.

As most of you know, the highest viewership of Raw or SmackDown is always at the end when the main event happens. This main event only gained 60K in viewers from the segments prior (that number is EXTREMELY LOW, a main event segment usually garners a six figure increase in viewership. Sometimes it is in the millions as well). Undoubtedly, someone will feel the wrath due to such a low spike in viwershio for the last segment.

The consensus is that it will be Daniel Bryan as he has not been built as a main event guy. However, maybe they will surprise us and be patient with Bryan and build him up (probably not). I was too young at the time to understand but apparently with HHH and Stone Cold burst to the seen, the crowd was not receptive to them either. Generally, if you give someone a huge enough push they willl be over. But we will see I guess.

Edited by canuckbeliever, 29 December 2011 - 03:15 PM.

#40 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,900 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:17 PM

Would be a pretty good way to turn Cena heel but it'd have to be in 2013, and that may be too late. After this WM, Taker will be 20-0, and that seems like a good number to stop on.

You never know with the WWE, though. :P

The guys body is basically done. There is a reason why in the past two years he has had 9 month breaks before they reintroduced him. In my opinion unless he is crazy like someone such as Kurt Angle (my hunch is he is not) then he will stop after this WrestleMania.

#41 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,900 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:20 PM

wow what an awsome thread!! surprised to find this and other fans who like wrestling!!

Anyways, Sheamus is the best. Cena will turn heel before WM28, Ricardo Rodriguez is crazy for falling off the ladder at TLC, Eve Torres is hot.

Anyone know why Raw or Smackdown don't come here anymore? The live shows i'm talking about.

Also been wondering about this. I know way back in the day they did do PPV's here. The guys at Live Audio Wrestling just reviewed Rock Bottom 1998 which was held at GM Place.

Anyone know?

#42 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,685 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:57 PM

He already said in an interview that he doesn't care if someone breaks his streak, because he didn't want the streak to be bigger than the industry.

Should that happen, who gets the biggest push of his lifetime? it's not HHH, Cena, Punk or Orton - they're at the tops of their game.

Daniel Bryan?

#43 hockeyfan87

hockeyfan87

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:04 PM

The live shows don't come here anymore because of the municipal and provincial governments kept making it more difficult for them to show live events here. They added more taxes and costs to run a show here because generally the people in charge look down at pro wrestling.

I mean come on we had a group of bums and losers camp out at the Art Gallery for a month, we have a safe injection site for heavy drug users, we have corrupt police officers and politicians left and right but we have to draw the line somewhere don't we? Pro wrestling is that line in the sand.

And here's a source I found confirming what I said

http://slam.canoe.ca...f-15723431.html

Edited by hockeyfan87, 29 December 2011 - 04:04 PM.

#44 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,524 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:34 PM

Brock Lesnar has retired from MMA/UFC. The "It Begins" promos are for Brock Lesnar. Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgyJsaXuOxg

Maybe I'm reading too much into the video and hoping it's Lesnar too much. You don't really associate "the end" with Chris Jericho. "Reclaim what is his"...what does Jericho have to reclaim?

Though maybe it is Jericho as on Twitter, he tweeted "So obvious the 1/2-02 mystery man is Brock Lesnar. That fight was a joke #ufcisfixed @speewee #memphis"

1/2-02 .... obviously an intentional typo.

Could it be? Posted Image

Edited by Opmac, 30 December 2011 - 11:35 PM.

Posted Image

#45 canuck_fan11

canuck_fan11

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:43 PM

Brock Lesnar has retired from MMA/UFC. The "It Begins" promos are for Brock Lesnar. Posted Image

Maybe I'm reading too much into the video and hoping it's Lesnar too much. You don't really associate "the end" with Chris Jericho. "Reclaim what is his"...what does Jericho have to reclaim?

Though maybe it is Jericho as on Twitter, he tweeted "So obvious the 1/2-02 mystery man is Brock Lesnar. That fight was a joke #ufcisfixed @speewee #memphis"

haha when i saw that he retired, i thought right away how it happened to be a couple days before monday...

Thanks Downundacanuck for the sig!
QUOTE (Sergei Makarov @ Sep 19 2008, 08:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm tired of this people who think the Leafs are a crappy team. If the Leafs don't make the playoffs, I will send a dollar to all the members of this board. You can quote me.

(46,233 members)

#46 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,900 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:24 AM

The legalities would not allow Brock to be the person for the promo. It would be quite the exceptional two day turn around. Also I am assuming Dana would not allow Brock to enter the WWE that quickly.

A more realistic return would be the Royal Rumble or A LOT MORE realistically WrestleMania.

Assuming Brock wants to return to the WWE, the question becomes whether Hunter is willing to shove his pride aside and let Brock face Taker. If that were to occur, I could easily see this WrestleMania go well over the 1 million buys goal that WWE has every year and potentially have the highest number of buys ever.

Edited by canuckbeliever, 31 December 2011 - 12:28 AM.

#47 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,052 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:32 AM

but seriously both the Undertaker and WWE (Vince) know that with all the Undertaker has done for the company over the years they're not going to take his greatest legacy away from him. So it'd have to end up being a Taker win.

Exactly. Taker's been through this company all the way through it's darkest times and through the mid 90's when everyone was jumping ship. When he dawned the biker persona, and was all about how the WWE was 'his yard' that wasn't just shtick. Behind the scenes, he was the man. I mean-- if Shawn and HHH can't do it then no one can

15fitjt.jpg

who was fitted with collar and chain

who was given a pat on the back

who was breaking away from the pack

#48 kanucks25

kanucks25

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 04:03 AM

:P I wasn't expecting a Brock Lesnar spoiler in this thread.

:picard:

Oh well, not really a huge UFC fan anyways.

Posted Image

#49 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,272 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:59 PM

Should that happen, who gets the biggest push of his lifetime? it's not HHH, Cena, Punk or Orton - they're at the tops of their game.

Daniel Bryan?

I doubt they would let a rising star end the streak, considering in his past 3 wrestlemanias, he fought 2 future legends.

3blms.png

#50 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,685 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:51 AM

Does Brock even have what it takes to perform in the WWE?

#51 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,052 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:01 AM

I'm sure he does but wouldn't commit to all the traveling

15fitjt.jpg

who was fitted with collar and chain

who was given a pat on the back

who was breaking away from the pack

#52 AllHailSmyl

AllHailSmyl

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:58 AM

If Brock Lesnar ever returned to the WWE it won't be on a full time basis. He may appear in more matches than say, The Rock, but he will never be the same Brock that was around 8 or so years ago. If he did come back, it would be for a huge payoff match with The Undertaker considering the staredown the two had at a previous UFC event.

Plus Brock would be a great mega heel right now for the company. But the price would have to be right, and Vince would have to let him work his own schedule.

By the way learn how to spell SHIRIKOV who is this shirakov

Amazingly on his first shift Kassian would have had a breakaway if Kesler knew how to pass. And he still got switched with Weiss. And note it is "Weiss" not "Wise".

#53 hockeyfan87

hockeyfan87

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:34 AM

I could see a Punk/Lesnar match making sense for Wrestlemania but don't expect it to happen.

One thing is how many hours is Wrestlemania again? 4 or is it 5? I ask because I know that last years' time constraints were a factor in what alot of people considered a disappointing main event between The Miz and Cena w/ The Rock.

If we have....

The Rock v. Cena

Undertaker v. Someone

Smackdown Champion v. Challenger

Raw Champion v. Challenger

There's four matches right there that would at least take 30 minutes each with promo packages/entrances. Two hours of the PPV gone conservatively...last year Undertaker/HHH took close to 50 minutes if I remember correctly. Don't get me wrong it was the highlight of the show and worth it but might have had a hand in ruining some other parts of the show with a time squeeze.

I think it's long overdue that they merge some of the belts. Time wise it will help alot. The product will be less diluted. And the titles will mean alot more. It makes perfect sense especially considering that the brand split is essentially over. It would be great to see them merge the titles at Wrestlemania and bring back a "Undisputed Champion" or just simply call it the "WWE championship" and have a new design to mark the occasion. It will happen eventually, it makes sense, but Vince will probably have to be dead because I feel confident in the belief that he sees having two champions for each major show as too appealing.

#54 lx Birdie xl

lx Birdie xl

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

Whos ready to be let down by whom ever it is these videos are about?

#55 Imuzi

Imuzi

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:02 PM

Whos ready to be let down by whom ever it is these videos are about?

I could never be let down by Sting.... Although I will lol if the promos are for something like a new Cena shirt or Undertaker for the hundred time.

Posted Image

#56 lx Birdie xl

lx Birdie xl

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:30 PM

Unless sting somehow got out of his contract with TNA.. it wont be him.. Im expecting it to be someone thats been in the WWE before.. Honestly I hope its not someone 'new' as they have too many wrestlers on the roster that only appear once or twice a month

#57 Giroux28

Giroux28

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:15 PM

Unless sting somehow got out of his contract with TNA.. it wont be him.. Im expecting it to be someone thats been in the WWE before.. Honestly I hope its not someone 'new' as they have too many wrestlers on the roster that only appear once or twice a month

I don't know why but now I have a gut feeling that it is Vince McMahon and that I will be very let down if this happens.......

Posted Image

Pacific Hockey League Commissioner | Colorado Avalanche General Manager

#58 Imuzi

Imuzi

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:21 PM

I know it won't be Sting but the inner 90's kid in me wants it to be. My money is on Jericho.

Posted Image

#59 CaNuCkSLoUiE23

CaNuCkSLoUiE23

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:47 PM

I have a gut feeling that it's the boogeyman.

#60 Heisenberg

Heisenberg

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:03 AM

I don't watch WWE ever but was wondering about these creepy videos. Why is there a girl in it? I don't think girls do wrestling do they?

Maybe the person coming back is a girl?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.