Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1960 replies to this topic

#1351 Kazmanian Devil

Kazmanian Devil

Not your average poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

lol, Big Show buried half of the tag division.

Edited by Kazakh Man, 20 July 2012 - 05:38 PM.

JpUlGP5.png

HurriKane

#1352 Slender Man

Slender Man

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:35 PM

It's been so long since I've gotten goosebumps from watching wrestling, hope the 1000th episode doesn't disappoint.

Posted Image

~ FREE iE. ~

#1353 canucks3322

canucks3322

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

watch The Rock come back for Monday then disappear until his new movie comes out, he promotes it and leaves again ...

#1354 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,933 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:30 PM

The 1000th episode will be great but I feel like the week after is going to be such a freaking let down because they will have no game plan on how to pipe it up. Too much crap on Mondays Raw. There are 9 different main eventesque story lines. I get that is there 1000th episode but even Vince Russo wouldnt overbook a show this hard

Edited by canuckbeliever, 21 July 2012 - 10:31 PM.

#1355 2gingers1cup

2gingers1cup

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:35 PM

lol, Big Show buried half of the tag division.

half? more like the whole division.
CDC VBA - Boston Celtics GM
CDC VHL - Calgary Flames Assistant GM

#1356 Dwayne The Rock Johnson

Dwayne The Rock Johnson

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:20 AM

watch The Rock come back for Monday then disappear until his new movie comes out, he promotes it and leaves again ...

The Rock has done virtually no movie promotions in WWE. Also, The Rock was the 4th highest grossing actor in the last calendar year, he does not need to promote a movie in WWE. The Rock is doing just fine, jack.

#1357 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,836 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:40 AM

People still don't realize that The Rock isn't an employee of the WWE.

How come no one gets upset when Taker comes back, or Triple H or Austin?

2u5ezbq.png

#1358 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:59 AM

I guess cause those guys don't say they're going to stay and give people false hope?
Posted Image

#1359 canucks3322

canucks3322

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:03 PM

The Rock has done virtually no movie promotions in WWE. Also, The Rock was the 4th highest grossing actor in the last calendar year, he does not need to promote a movie in WWE. The Rock is doing just fine, jack.

oh hey its the wanna be Rock, yeah your right he didn't just come back to promote fast 5 just like this year he won't come back to promote fast 6 ...

#1360 canucks3322

canucks3322

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:06 PM

We get that hes not employed but what pisses off most people is he comes back acts like he wants to come back when in reality he just wants to promote his movie and then leave again, Taker has been fighting for the past 10-15 years I think not sure he's going to retire, and Triple H comes back monthly and Austin doesn't come back to promote movies and leaves for 7-8 years like The Rock..

#1361 canucks3322

canucks3322

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:07 PM

I guess cause those guys don't say they're going to stay and give people false hope?

#1362 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • 9,823 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:25 PM

well to be fair, taker triple h and austin, the fans know what they're going to get. we already know that we see taker in 1 match a year. then makes a small appearance(s) for mania hype. triple h is the next guy to take over that company, we get it. austin, also we see about once a year and raises some hell. we've come to see the rock back once a year, say some familiar catch phrases, fruity pebbles and boots to asses. i'm still a huge fan of the rock. but some people just get tired of "finally the rock has come back, home." and just playing with the fans and saying what they want to hear. it gets stale

11azxw1.jpg

Praise Smooze.

#1363 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:36 PM

Goldberg keeps denying that he's returning. Hmm..
Posted Image

#1364 Kazmanian Devil

Kazmanian Devil

Not your average poster

• Members
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

half? more like the whole division.

It was 3 of the 6 teams.

JpUlGP5.png

HurriKane

#1365 Dwayne The Rock Johnson

Dwayne The Rock Johnson

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:42 PM

oh hey its the wanna be Rock, yeah your right he didn't just come back to promote fast 5 just like this year he won't come back to promote fast 6 ...

Lol at The Rock needing WWE to promote a blockbuster hit like Fast 5. Get over yourself.

#1366 Dwayne The Rock Johnson

Dwayne The Rock Johnson

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:44 PM

The Rock never, and the Rock means never, said he was going to be on Raw every week. Anyone that thought The Rock meant he was coming back full time needs their head examined.

#1367 SheaWeber6

SheaWeber6

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:27 PM

The Rock never, and the Rock means never, said he was going to be on Raw every week. Anyone that thought The Rock meant he was coming back full time needs their head examined.

No offence "Rocky" but I would rather have you just make quality movies instead of coming back and leaving again and again and again, there's no point in doing that. The WWE cannot rely on comebacks from you to carry the show, they need to utilize the talent they have now, and give some mic time to the mid card, something that has never been done in the PG era I think.

#1368 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,688 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:41 PM

No offence "Rocky" but I would rather have you just make quality movies instead of coming back and leaving again and again and again, there's no point in doing that. The WWE cannot rely on comebacks from you to carry the show, they need to utilize the talent they have now, and give some mic time to the mid card, something that has never been done in the PG era I think.

That has far less to do with The Rock, and more with how much attention they pay to guys like Cena, Sheamus, and The Big Show. All we get every week are drawn out segments that fail to build any momentum or tension.

But yeah, I completely agree that they need to give their talent a chance. There's a problem when the company don't have a faith in anybody to step. It's too bad, because they have a lot of talent sitting in wait, who they are failing out and burying before they can even show what they can do.

Edited by g_bassi13, 22 July 2012 - 06:41 PM.

Ptf4owj.png

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#1369 SheaWeber6

SheaWeber6

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

That has far less to do with The Rock, and more with how much attention they pay to guys like Cena, Sheamus, and The Big Show. All we get every week are drawn out segments that fail to build any momentum or tension.

But yeah, I completely agree that they need to give their talent a chance. There's a problem when the company don't have a faith in anybody to step. It's too bad, because they have a lot of talent sitting in wait, who they are failing out and burying before they can even show what they can do.

Exactly, hopefully this 1 hour slot doesn't go to waste by giving it away to the Divas division or something. They should really give that extra time to the mid carders for mic time, show their personality, instead of just having Kofi Kingston come out to a bunch of screaming kids every week and winning a match. The tag division better be legit because if it is not, then the 3 hours are going to be very tough to fill.

Just think about this everyone, for the 1000th RAW, this is time right here:

DX Reunion = 20-30 minutes (My guess is Brock Lesnar crashes it)
The Rock = 20-30 minutes
WWE Title Match = 20-30 minutes
Daniel Bryan/AJ Wedding = 20-30 minutes

That leaves about 1 hour for everyone else, I do not know how they are going to fill in 3 hours every single week without returns, it seems impossible.

#1370 Dwayne The Rock Johnson

Dwayne The Rock Johnson

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

The Rock just headlined the most financially successful WM ever. Try telling the shareholders that WWE is better off without me.

#1371 canucks3322

canucks3322

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:57 PM

Lol at The Rock needing WWE to promote a blockbuster hit like Fast 5. Get over yourself.

of course he didn't .... you know I don't know whats more funny you pretending to be someone you never can be or The Rock saying he's never leaving again :P

#1372 lx Birdie xl

lx Birdie xl

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,791 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:04 PM

I blocked the kid.. hoped it would have blocked quoted things he has said as well but it doesnt..

#1373 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:21 PM

I don't know much about the WWE, but the big guys are generic and are boring as hell. Batista at least looked intense, same with Goldberg. But guys like Shamus, Big Show, Henry, Cena are just boring.

Used to like Cody Rhodes mask thing, but then he disappeared from the face of the earth. Didn't like Dolph Ziggler, before but he's looking real good. Push him to the top. Guys like Bryan, Punk, Ziggler, Rhodes will make things entertaining. Have them all equal, and add a few more guys in the mix and they'll be good. Jericho came back, and has done nothing.

Can't blame the Rock, the guy has been pushed himself into larger than life. The guy is bigger than the WWE. Same with Lesnar.

Edited by Rey, 22 July 2012 - 11:23 PM.

#1374 Dwayne The Rock Johnson

Dwayne The Rock Johnson

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:14 AM

of course he didn't .... you know I don't know whats more funny you pretending to be someone you never can be or The Rock saying he's never leaving again :P

The Rock is set to headline 3 straight Wrestlemania's, I'd say he never left. The Rock never said he was coming back full time. All the people complaining about The Rock must be kids who didn't see me turn into one of the biggest stars of all time in the span of about 3 years.

Edited by Dwayne The Rock Johnson, 23 July 2012 - 12:14 AM.

#1375 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,904 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:59 AM

Alot of big names are appearing on Raw tomorrow..

DX reunion including Triple H, HBK, X-Pac, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn, and probably not Chyna lol
Return of Brock Lesnar with Paul Heyman
The Rock
Bret Hart, Mick Foley, Roddy Piper
Vince, Stephanie and hopefully Shane
Undertaker
Stone Cold and so on

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1376 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,836 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:18 AM

When did he say he was going to stay full time?

When The Rock said finally he has come back "home", he meant he returned back to the wrestling business (his home growing up) after 7 years.

2u5ezbq.png

#1377 hockeyfan87

hockeyfan87

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:46 AM

I was watching every RAW in the lead up to Wrestlemania this year. I'm an attitude era fan. The Rock has clearly lost it. He's still a draw of course but his promos were lame and he was clearly being beaten by Cena, something I never thought I would say. He also blew up in his Wrestlemania match. In hindsight Cena should have been booked to beat Rock but lose to Lesnar the next month. The fact that the WWE did it the opposite way makes no sense at this point in time.

#1378 Van_City123

Van_City123

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

DX!!!!!

negufo.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck for the awesome sig!

#1379 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,904 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:15 PM

Pretty good ending. Didn't expect the Rock saving Cena and then CM Punk turning heel

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1380 SheaWeber6

SheaWeber6

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:18 PM

I know eh, but we still have that toy as the WWE Championship, what a disgrace :picard:

lol at Slater getting owned by Lita, and I popped when the APA music hit, OMG was the WWF loaded with talent or what?

Overall, pretty good show, but I would have loved for Stone Cold to come and give the Attitude Era title to CM Punk, I can't stand the current title, it's a god damn toy.

Edited by SheaWeber6, 23 July 2012 - 08:19 PM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.