The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

canuckster19

Lord Tensai pins John Cena?! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

tumblr_m1xq986jmC1qc5nwo.gif

EDIT: I will post this gif (not made by me) for every game the Canucks manage to extend their series with LA (hey, nothing else has worked!). Probably will get a lot of negative feedback from the Canucks Forum crowd if they win Game 4 :)

To quote Lawler, it's another place that's "Bizarro Land". Like Canada, they're cheering more heels, and booing more faces, simply based on how interesting the character is. It's so much more fun that way. Really hoping more of towns they visit in the US pick up on that. Doing so forces the story writers hands into giving us more than the same crap all the time. A sort of "People Power", so to speak.

The whole show was pretty good. A lot better than last week. Well, minus the Ziggler and Brodus Clay match, where it feels like the whole thing was botched, lol.

- We go to the ring and it's set up for a contract signing. Teddy Long is in the ring. He welcomes us to the Extreme Rules main event contract signing and brings out John Cena first.

Teddy introduces Brock Lesnar next. Cena looks worried as Lesnar's music hits. John Laurinaitis comes out instead and asks Teddy what he's doing. Laurinaitis told Teddy earlier that Lesnar isn't here yet. Laurinaitis says we will have the contract signing when Brock arrives, on Brock's terms. Johnny wants Teddy to tell all this to Cena, who is still standing in the ring. Laurinaitis says this could be Cena's last night on RAW and he should enjoy it. Laurinaitis tells Teddy to tell Cena to leave his ring.

Teddy asks Cena to leave the ring and thanks him. Teddy leaves but Cena doesn't. Laurinaitis introduces himself to the crowd when Edge's music hits. Out comes the 2012 WWE Hall of Famer and he's excited.

Edge says he isn't supposed to be here tonight and in a couple days, he won't even be under WWE contract anymore. Edge says he came to talk to Cena. He could have done it privately but it will have more effect here in the ring. Edge says he doesn't know who this John Cena even is. Edge says he came to talk to the Cena who was his greatest rival ever.

Edge says Cena must win. Through all their differences, they have always had a strong love for wrestling. Edge says Brock Lesnar doesn't give a damn about wrestling or the fans. He only cares about the fans if they can line his pockets. Edge says Brock left for 8 years while he and Cena carried the load. Edge says Cena needs to wake up because if he doesn't, it's a slap in the face to guys like Shawn Michaels, Undertaker and himself. Edge yells at Cena to wake up. Edge says he's not asking Cena to beat Lesnar, he's telling him to. Edge drops the mic and walks off.

I just started watching a bit of WWE again. I didn't follow it since the days of Evolution. I think it kind of sucks now. Its relying heavily on wrestlers from the attitude era such as Mark Henry, Kane, Jericho, Big Show, etc who are set to retire in a few years or so. John Cena gets way too much attention even though he lacks the skill and his act has barely changed since the days of Evolution.

I think CM Punk and Randy Orton should be the focus of WWE instead of John Cena. They are so much more charismatic and much more entertaining wrestlers.

I am glad Brock Lesnar is back because the WWE is in desperate need.

Archived