Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1960 replies to this topic

#1441 canucks3322

canucks3322

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:47 PM

is Rey Mysterio back for good or was that only for the 1000 episode?

#1442 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,732 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:03 AM

Yeah well as a big wrestling fan who stopped watching regularly in 2010 who is starting to look into it again (as I said in a previous post).

All those guys seem to be plugs, even Sheamus seems to be to a certain extent, although I'm starting to be sold on him as main event-er.

I watch Wrestlemania 28 today on Youtube, and some of the matches were actually good, but the World Title match wasn't in my opinion. They just pushed that title aside like it was no big deal, I didn't follow the storylines heading into it but to me it would have been better if they could have factored the title into that Orton/Kane match, would have given the world title match more meaning.

I'm kinda disapointed with how WWE is now.

The talent in WWE today is incapable of carrying out and building a decent storyline, so the get rushed. People can blame the writers all they want, but it was the talent back in the day that made them memorable. I remember back in the day you couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next, even if the storyline was in a 6 month buildup.

WWE also seems to really have a hard on these days for letting a star build himself up into something and the burying them as some kind of control thing.

If TNA could get better storylines they would be much better, cause there talent is 100 times better.

With recent PPV buy-rates and attendance figures, I can't see how they can continue much longer.

Edited by zero-ONE-three, 27 July 2012 - 12:06 AM.

2qnqykg.jpg

#1443 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,480 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:24 AM

does anyone else find that they don't care to watch anything else except segments that involve the main event guys? i'm talking about guys like cena, bryan, punk...

i have no interest in plugs like ziggler, rhodes, etc. they are all too generic and bring nothing to the table.

I'm the complete opposite. I usually flip the channel if I see Cena or Punk doing a segment, especially Cena.

Sick and tired of them pandering to the fans.

15rntht.png

#1444 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,365 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:06 AM

The talent in WWE today is incapable of carrying out and building a decent storyline, so the get rushed. People can blame the writers all they want, but it was the talent back in the day that made them memorable. I remember back in the day you couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next, even if the storyline was in a 6 month buildup.

WWE also seems to really have a hard on these days for letting a star build himself up into something and the burying them as some kind of control thing.

Yeah I know the storylines were really interesting, I remember when Rey and Chavo were in that fued I couldn't wait for the next thing to happen.

But your right, a classic case of this was with MVP, he would have been a maineventer right now, he seemed to be destined to be a maineventer, but they buried him.

He would be much better, and more respected as a maineventer by the fans then some of the guys they have in those spots now.

They also made a huge mistake letting Mr.Kennedy go, same thing as I just said for MVP but he was futhur along and seemed to be a sure thing.

With recent PPV buy-rates and attendance figures, I can't see how they can continue much longer.

Boy I hope not, the talent they have there is incredbile.

If they could come up with better storylines and stuff, then they will only get better, they are pretty far along as a company when you consider that they have only been around for 10 years and that WWE has like a 40 year headstart on them.

I'm more of a TNA fan than WWE fan now myself, hopefully they can continue on and get better.

zackass.png

#1445 2gingers1cup

2gingers1cup

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:45 AM

I'm the complete opposite. I usually flip the channel if I see Cena or Punk doing a segment, especially Cena.

Sick and tired of them pandering to the fans.

They are legitimate main event guys in the WWE which is why the focus is on them.

Before it was Stone Cold and The Rock. Now it's Cena and Punk.
CDC VBA - Boston Celtics GM
CDC VHL - Calgary Flames Assistant GM

#1446 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,991 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:27 PM

I hope that Nash rumor isn't just him being drunk and tweeting,

CM Punk as head of the new NWO turned heel would be amazing for the WWE. Kevin Nash as a manager and mouth piece, JBL as the financier (a la Million dollar man) , R truth done with the kiddy Jimmy thing and becomes a heel, Ryback is the beast, Big Show as himself, Miz , Eve as the female manager, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler and if they really want hype and people tuning in, do a hollywood hogan style turn for John Cena....

We can dream.

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

INFJ

#1447 Kazmanian Devil

Kazmanian Devil

Not your average poster

• Members
  • 5,609 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:17 PM

I can't get over how awesomely Heath Slater sold that Clothesline From Hell.

ymSMMcT.png

#1448 Martin Frk

Martin Frk

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

Anyone else tired of all of these cashing in money in the bank teases by Dolph Ziggler. Personally I find them annoying when they do them so often. Kay once and a while, completely fine with that, but every week, seriously?
Posted Image
Cred to Lemons

#1449 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,365 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:18 PM

Anyone else tired of all of these cashing in money in the bank teases by Dolph Ziggler. Personally I find them annoying when they do them so often. Kay once and a while, completely fine with that, but every week, seriously?

It would have been stupid for him to do it there, although it is getting old.

On another note I like Santino, he's pretty funny, they should give him a bigger push storyline wise.

zackass.png

#1450 Kazmanian Devil

Kazmanian Devil

Not your average poster

• Members
  • 5,609 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:15 PM

Cesaro will definitely be getting a US title shot soon. Please let him win.

ymSMMcT.png

#1451 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,365 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:22 PM

Damn that fatal 4 way was good but I was disapointed Rey didn't win.

He needs the title badly or to be in the main events and the contender

zackass.png

#1452 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,991 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:34 PM

OMG is Jinder Mahal about to beat Ryback..... oh wait nvm.

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

INFJ

#1453 Martin Frk

Martin Frk

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

It would have been stupid for him to do it there, although it is getting old.

Oh ya, no kidding it would have been stupid there. However i could see Ziggler Cashing in Money in the Bank soon, because both punk and sheamus have had the titles for so long. Either Del Rio or Ziggler will be walking out of Summerslam with the World Heavyweight Championship
Posted Image
Cred to Lemons

#1454 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,365 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:13 PM

Oh ya, no kidding it would have been stupid there. However i could see Ziggler Cashing in Money in the Bank soon, because both punk and sheamus have had the titles for so long. Either Del Rio or Ziggler will be walking out of Summerslam with the World Heavyweight Championship

Yeah I'm still disapointed Rey didn't win, they should have him as the World Champ on Smackdown, or as the #1 contender, him and Sheamus could have a good fued (if they haven't already Im not sure)

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 27 July 2012 - 10:14 PM.

zackass.png

#1455 2gingers1cup

2gingers1cup

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:15 PM

punk will hold the title until the rumble and lose it to the rock and sheamus is being groomed as the next cena

#1456 SheaWeber6

SheaWeber6

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:15 AM

Personally not a big fan of Sheamus, would rather have fellow indian Jinder Mahal be champ over him, Sheamus is just the typical muscle head who just vomits on the mic.

#1457 Kazmanian Devil

Kazmanian Devil

Not your average poster

• Members
  • 5,609 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:24 AM

Personally not a big fan of Sheamus, would rather have fellow indian Jinder Mahal be champ over him, Sheamus is just the typical muscle head who just vomits on the mic.

Sheamus' promos suck, they're the same every time.

"Tonight I face [insert superior wrestler here] for the World Heavyweight title. I'M GONNA KICK HIS ARSE FELLA!"

ymSMMcT.png

#1458 SheaWeber6

SheaWeber6

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:28 AM

"Tonight I face [insert superior wrestler here] for the World Heavyweight title. I'M GONNA KICK HIS ARSE FELLA!"

+1

What a bland statement that he always makes too, just awful and a disgrace to the Attitude Era charismatic pioneers like Stone Cold and The Rock.

#1459 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,365 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:00 PM

Agreed, WWE Talent sucks now, I was watching some matches from "The good old days" and I really miss some of the wrestlers they had.

It sucks TNA is so far behind because if they could get there show together they would be much better, the talent TNA has would blow WWE out of the water (Maybe with a few expections here and there).

+1

I'm not really sure how he got such a big push so quickly when they have held guys like MVP and Kennedy down in the past before parting ways, those guys I could actually see as guys that mainevent every PPV, are always in the "world title match" and carry the title for long reigns.

I'm just not sold on Sheamus at all.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 28 July 2012 - 12:02 PM.

zackass.png

#1460 2gingers1cup

2gingers1cup

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:32 PM

jinder sucks balls. not only is he not over, he sucks in the ring and on the mic

like sheamus or not, the fans dig him and he has had his fair share of good matches

#1461 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,991 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:34 PM

jinder sucks balls. not only is he not over, he sucks in the ring and on the mic

like sheamus or not, the fans dig him and he has had his fair share of good matches

Yea, Sheamus fits in with the "kiddie brand" wwe.

Jinder.... how are they even going to put him over.. they should align him for the Euro belt.... do they still have that?

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

INFJ

#1462 Kazmanian Devil

Kazmanian Devil

Not your average poster

• Members
  • 5,609 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

I'm not really sure how he got such a big push so quickly when they have held guys like MVP and Kennedy down in the past before parting ways, those guys I could actually see as guys that mainevent every PPV, are always in the "world title match" and carry the title for long reigns.

I'm just not sold on Sheamus at all.

Sheamus is apparently a good friend of Triple H's, so there's a good chance that he was pushed because of that. Sheamus is pretty good in the ring, but his character sucks.

Jinder should team up with McIntyre or something, get involved with the tag division. He's okay in the ring.

ymSMMcT.png

#1463 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,991 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:50 PM

More Tweets by Nash on nWo.

"CM Punk can pick who he wants if not me I'm cool with that .just think the brand is so strong an he can continue it with his skill and edge"

"We can make this happen.Wear your NWO shirts ,bring NWO signs and chant NWO when our Champion comes out! The NWO must live on C.M Punk is it"

http://twitter.com/RealKevinNash

Edited by key2thecup, 28 July 2012 - 05:51 PM.

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

INFJ

#1464 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

Bryan's a plug too, and so is Otung and whoever else these no name guys are, WWE is really rushing Talent now, half a year after there debut these guys are main eventing every show and are the world champions and crap.

If TNA could get better storylines they would be much better, cause there talent is 100 times better.

Shake my damn head.
Posted Image

#1465 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,365 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

Sheamus is apparently a good friend of Triple H's, so there's a good chance that he was pushed because of that. Sheamus is pretty good in the ring, but his character sucks.

Jinder should team up with McIntyre or something, get involved with the tag division. He's okay in the ring.

Yeah I remember when the tag team titles used to mean something...

As for Sheamus, my big problem with him (other than his character) is that he got a big push too quickly, I haven't really bought into him as a top star.

zackass.png

#1466 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,526 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:01 PM

I thought that was an interesting video. Came up as recommended on my YouTube.

Posted Image

#1467 Martin Frk

Martin Frk

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:25 PM

ya, they kind of made it obvious that Punk will be holding the title untill the Rumble. Hopefully Sheamus loses the title soon, would rather see Del Rio or Ziggler as the World Heavyweight Champion
Posted Image
Cred to Lemons

#1468 Canuck919191

Canuck919191

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:46 PM

Christian once again puts on the best match of the night, making the Miz look good on Smackdown.

#1469 Wh!stler R!der

Wh!stler R!der

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

Oh brother!
This city deserves a championship. This is the best era in Canucks history, keep bleeding blue n green always!
Win it for Ripper, Luc and Demo.

#1470 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,365 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:48 PM

Shake my damn head.

What? Bryan won the world title a year within his debut, Otung was an "NXT rookie" next thing you know he is in the mainevents.

WWE is rushing talent, TNA has much better talent, when you look at both roster's and compare them, there's not much of a comparison with a few expections.

WWE has a some guys but TNA has alot of guys and there good wrestlers, that if they were in WWE, based on how they are rushing talent, would be over and would be top guys.

zackass.png

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.