1960 replies to this topic

#1771 AllHailSmyl

AllHailSmyl

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,667 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:33 PM

Are you sure it wasn't just a house show? I could very well be wrong, but the last Monday Night RAW I remember was with Kid Rock.

Negative, I was there, and watched the replay on TSN that evening (oh the days prior to The Score!).

Why would Shane McMahon and Eric Bischoff show up for a house show anyways? Futhermore, why would they hold a House Show with the main roster on a Monday night?

Trust me, I was there :)

Edited by AllHailSmyl, 31 August 2012 - 06:37 PM.

By the way learn how to spell SHIRIKOV who is this shirakov

Amazingly on his first shift Kassian would have had a breakaway if Kesler knew how to pass. And he still got switched with Weiss. And note it is "Weiss" not "Wise".

#1772 AllHailSmyl

AllHailSmyl

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,667 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

Actually found a link to the results from the show, but still haven't found video:

http://www.onlinewor...raw/030804.html

By the way learn how to spell SHIRIKOV who is this shirakov

Amazingly on his first shift Kassian would have had a breakaway if Kesler knew how to pass. And he still got switched with Weiss. And note it is "Weiss" not "Wise".

#1773 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,343 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:14 PM

o RAW was in vancouver many times up until 2003 or so (pretty sure we had some smackdown shows, and not just smackdown 'tours' 'nother word for house show) and since then we've just been used as a place for house shows. not sure why vancouver wont let wwe do anymore shows here, i'm sure we can sell out the rog for a ppv or something

Edited by Olias, 31 August 2012 - 11:17 PM.

2i7663n.jpg

I SUPPORT TORTS!

Great now Hammer is going to choke on a cookie. Way to go Poetica. 

#1774 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,538 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:58 PM

Yeah, but that RAW was the last big one at GM Place, the other 2 or 3 were at Pacific Coliseum, I was at one of them I forgot, and Goldberg was fighting back then. Randy Orton had just began his career then too.
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#1775 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,519 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

o RAW was in vancouver many times up until 2003 or so (pretty sure we had some smackdown shows, and not just smackdown 'tours' 'nother word for house show) and since then we've just been used as a place for house shows. not sure why vancouver wont let wwe do anymore shows here, i'm sure we can sell out the rog for a ppv or something

Story here: http://slam.canoe.ca...4/15686986.html

Posted Image

#1776 Canuck919191

Canuck919191

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:55 AM

This past Smackdown was like four 10 minute matches, 2 promos and the rest were Raw/last week's Smackdown replays.

And they really need to bring JBL back for the empty commentary spot on SD. He keeps saying that he'd love to be back, so what's the freakin' hold up here? I doubt money is the issue seeing as he's the one who wants to come back and he's financially stable anyways.

Although, maybe they only want him as a heel and two heels on commentary may not work, unless they leave just Josh Matthews with JBL and phase Cole out of the SD scene.

I do miss JR, but I really don't mind Cole as the "voice" as long as his heel character is toned down a bit, and he doesn't have his own major storyline.

Edited by Canuck919191, 03 September 2012 - 02:00 AM.

#1777 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,246 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:11 AM

Why is all we talk about WWE.

WWE this, WWE that. And we always seem to complain about how crappy it is.

So on the other hand lets switch to TNA, anyone have any theories on who might be behind the Aces and Eights???

zackass.png

#1778 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,343 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:54 AM

So on the other hand lets switch to TNA, anyone have any theories on who might be behind the Aces and Eights???

theres as much garbage in tna as wwe (wwe just has 1 extra hour). they have a couple awesome matches every now and then tho. i really like bully ray. pretty sure it's jarrett whos behind aces and eights. i'm almost certain that half of that faction are ex wwe talent. one of my friends said one is luke gallows (i said who?) and d-lo brown

Edited by Olias, 03 September 2012 - 04:05 AM.

2i7663n.jpg

I SUPPORT TORTS!

#1779 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:05 PM

WWE is far more popular, and interesting to discuss.
Posted Image

#1780 Clark Kent

Clark Kent

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:20 PM

Me thinks Barrett comes back in the next two weeks.
Posted Image

#1781 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,343 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:26 PM

barrett comes back for sheamus and wins the belt. let's do iiitt!

2i7663n.jpg

I SUPPORT TORTS!

#1782 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,246 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:32 PM

theres as much garbage in tna as wwe (wwe just has 1 extra hour). they have a couple awesome matches every now and then tho. i really like bully ray. pretty sure it's jarrett whos behind aces and eights. i'm almost certain that half of that faction are ex wwe talent. one of my friends said one is luke gallows (i said who?) and d-lo brown

Yeah I think Jarret is behind it too, but it really doesn't seem like him to do that so it could lead to something interesting, I dont care who the gang members are, to me it's not really all that relevant I just wanna find out who the leader is and see where this goes.

I'm a big Styles fan and I have to say there are better matches on Impact week to week than on Raw or Smackdown.

zackass.png

#1783 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,246 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

WWE is far more popular, and interesting to discuss.

Yeah but TNA is way better, really everyone just complains about how bad it is but they never give TNA a fair chance.

The matches are way better and the show isn't full of PG garbage and low/mid card talent taking up most of the show, TNA has there best Talent out there everyweek and there talent roster is way better than WWE's right now. I dont even think the biggest WWE fan could put up a good arguement that it doesn't.

Not too sound like I hate WWE (I know I come across that way) but I used to be a huge WWE fan but it has become garbage, and though TNA doesnt have anywhere close to the prestige WWE does, I'm just trying to point our that it is a more entertaining show from week to week.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 03 September 2012 - 12:37 PM.

zackass.png

#1784 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:40 PM

I'm just reading Bret Hart's autobiography. As a British guy who grew up on Bret, Taker, Hogan, Davey Boy Smith, Jake Roberts and LOD, it's an incredible read.

Are there any others I should read?

#1785 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,343 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:00 PM

well wwe does has more talent, but they doesn't know how to use them-- possibly they have too many guys on the roster. those who actually have some efficient in-ring ability are being used on superstars or as jokes on the main shows (I really dig R-Truth but the little jimmy thing can only be funny for so long. i like alberto del rio but he's not really interesting on the mic. when he picks one up i kind of feeling like dozing off. not enough david otunga backstage, punk being watered down, daniel bryan being used as a joke, although the anger management skits are hilarious, but them having him job out for it, i could go on).

for tna aj styles is a guy they could have built the company around but they kind of dropped the ball on that and brought in hogan, bischoff to try recreate wcw is how i felt. the only reason people rebel to tna, while ignoring their many flaws, is they're just tired of wwe, their predictable story lines, heels being made as jokes to get the good guy over, super cena, and tna is the only other promotion on national tv, while having ex wwe talent in the twilight of their careers. tna has the talent, most of which are being used correctly. i think aj should be champ while guys like austin aries and the bobby roodes work on their stuff a little more cause i'm not sold on either of them, but i thought aries was great ruling the x division

i would tune in to every week if tna got rid of hogan, bischoff, flair, all of these old timers just there to cash a cheque. that angle with aj styles and whatshername dixie and that other chick was a waste of camera time. bring back scott steiner. he kills people witht he truth, and we can't handle the truth.

but that thing with aces and eights, if it is, in fact jeff jarrett as the leader, it would give him a reason to stay somewhat relevant

"I'm Jim Cornette and that is my opinion"

I'm just reading Bret Hart's autobiography. As a British guy who grew up on Bret, Taker, Hogan, Davey Boy Smith, Jake Roberts and LOD, it's an incredible read.

Are there any others I should read?

Jericho's book is pretty badass. cause a huge stir from the people he talked about (larry zbyszko lol)

Edited by Olias, 03 September 2012 - 01:04 PM.

2i7663n.jpg

I SUPPORT TORTS!

#1786 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,246 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:04 PM

well wwe does has more talent, but they doesn't know how to use them-- possibly they have too many guys on the roster. those who actually have some efficient in-ring ability are being used on superstars or as jokes on the main shows (I really dig R-Truth but the little jimmy thing can only be funny for so long. i like alberto del rio but he's not really interesting on the mic. when he picks one up i kind of feeling like dozing off. not enough david otunga backstage, punk being watered down, daniel bryan being used as a joke, although the anger management skits are hilarious, but them having him job out for it, i could go on).

for tna aj styles is a guy they could have built the company around but they kind of dropped the ball on that and brought in hogan, bischoff to try recreate wcw is how i felt. the only reason people rebel to tna, while ignoring their many flaws, is they're just tired of wwe, their predictable story lines, heels being made as jokes to get the good guy over, super cena, and tna is the only other promotion on national tv, while having ex wwe talent in the twilight of their careers. tna has the talent, most of which are being used correctly. i think aj should be champ while guys like austin aries and the bobby roodes work on their stuff a little more cause i'm not sold on either of them, but i thought aries was great ruling the x division

i would tune in to every week if tna got rid of hogan, bischoff, flair, all of these old timers just there to cash a cheque. that angle with aj styles and whatshername dixie and that other chick was a waste of camera time. bring back scott steiner. he kills people witht he truth, and we can't handle the truth.

but that thing with aces and eights, if it is, in fact jeff jarrett as the leader, it would give him a reason to stay somewhat relevant

"I'm Jim Cornette and that is my opinion"

Jericho's book is pretty badass. cause a huge stir from the people he talked about (larry zbyszko lol)

Yeah WWE has Talent but if you compare them TNA has better talent is what I'm saying.

WWE is so political and now all the politics is catching up with them due to all the garbage they put out and all the stuff you eluded to is right.

I think Hogan is good in TNA, Bischoff isn't around anymore and Flair isn't either, they may both still be under contract but atleast there not on TV which takes there image away from it and I like having Hogan and Sting running the show myself.

As for Aries he is actually really good, he is a great talent, I think he was great in the X division but eventually you gotta either push the guy or just leave him the way he is forever, it may have been a bit soon but still I can see him as the champion already.

I dont know how much you watch but Bobby Roode is there, he has been building and building for years and he is there he is legit now, he has nothing left to work on. And im not sure what ur talking about with Angle/Aj/Dixie.

It was just a storyline, I think they realized it wasn't great they were just looking at another way to build up a Daniels/AJ rivalry (btw it wasn't Angle is was Daniels.) It didn't work but they ended it now we just have to focus on the two superstars.

Im not really sure how to address your other points (which every ones I missed), to me it seems like you dont watch the product on a regluar basis, like how I dont watch WWE, so you dont get the plots and stuff.

zackass.png

#1787 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,343 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:54 PM

I dont know how much you watch but Bobby Roode is there, he has been building and building for years and he is there he is legit now, he has nothing left to work on. And im not sure what ur talking about with Angle/Aj/Dixie.

i loved beer money. i knew when they split up for the title hunt, bobby roode was the next main guy. i just find when he cuts a promo he just stumbles through it. i don't believe in him as a champion because i find him boring. he should just be a guy who goes out there and kicks people's asses and asks questions later. give the guy the mic and i'll just sit through it with an exasperated sigh

and that angle with aj and dixie, was a while ago i believe and i dont think that even went anywhere but it was a waste of aj's talent except for one good match with christopher daniels (those two are magic together). then the latest laughing stock was that claire lynch angle. christopher daniels and kazarian pretty much saved that from people changing the channel (that baby shower borefest). here i thought russo leaving was for the better

Edited by Olias, 03 September 2012 - 02:57 PM.

2i7663n.jpg

I SUPPORT TORTS!

#1788 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,343 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:56 PM

dp

Edited by Olias, 03 September 2012 - 02:57 PM.

2i7663n.jpg

I SUPPORT TORTS!

#1789 Kazmanian Devil

Kazmanian Devil

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:51 PM

Just retire, Triple H. You've somehow managed to become less entertaining than Alberto Del Rio on the mic. And don't fight Lesnar again, unless it's to set up Taker vs. Lesnar.

Would anyone else love to see Christian vs. Punk for the WWE title? Cena does not entertain anyone above the age of 9.

KLOSE 2014

#1790 AfterMath35

AfterMath35

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:09 PM

Ok ill give credit where credit is due. MUCH better raw this week, an probably one of the better raws this year.

Posted Image

#1791 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,343 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

well the only good match so far was ziggler vs. orton. i really liked cole commentating alone that match. really good job. him and miz are gold together though, imo

Edited by Olias, 03 September 2012 - 08:25 PM.

2i7663n.jpg

I SUPPORT TORTS!

#1792 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,343 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

sub par raw. oh hell, it was still pretty boring. surprised the chicago crowd didn't chant boring in any matches (the hug it out thing doesn't count, but that was pretty damn boring). kind of a downer. ziggler vs orton was probably the match of the night. loved how ziggler picked up the win with the oldest heel trick in the book. eve torres is probably my favourite diva to watch. more of her in matches. she can actually, idk, wrestle. santino's match i went to make some noodles. i just gave up by that point. slater/ryder was a good one.

as much as vicke annoys me, she did a good job playing the crowd's "what?" chants. AJ has a really nice butt in those pants :bigblush:

idk where they're going with this but i hope it ends soon. i feel bad for AJ being in such a stupid angle. there really doesn't need to be "GM" characters. i'm all for AJ and Booker T having some camera time but is a GM character the only thing they can think of? Not enough David Otunga, no Sandow (he's growing on me) booo.

Miz's commentating on cena was hilarious. "You don't see him giving the drop kick too much!" then he does that whole super cena, shoulder tackle bit, "This, he does very often!"

but gotta admit. i marked out at the ending. this gon be gud

2i7663n.jpg

I SUPPORT TORTS!

#1793 Kazmanian Devil

Kazmanian Devil

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:13 PM

^agreed about AJ's butt.

Sheamus now has a submission finisher, that's cool.

KLOSE 2014

#1794 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,343 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:18 PM

^agreed about AJ's butt.

Sheamus now has a submission finisher, that's cool.

lol ya the cloverleaf was pretty cool. always wondered how long it would take for him to pick that up, but i think he tried using it before but can't remember when

2i7663n.jpg

I SUPPORT TORTS!

#1795 Kazmanian Devil

Kazmanian Devil

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:24 PM

I think it was during the 2/3 Falls match against Bryan.

KLOSE 2014

#1796 Martin Frk

Martin Frk

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:06 PM

AJ's butt = Win!!!!

Rest of Raw = Meh
Posted Image
Cred to Lemons

#1797 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,343 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:55 PM

also anyone see that fella dressed up as macho man? epic ::D

2i7663n.jpg

I SUPPORT TORTS!

#1798 Canuck919191

Canuck919191

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

also anyone see that fella dressed up as macho man? epic ::D

Cena brought him into the ring after Raw went off the air to celebrate.

Crowd was chanting Randy Savage during the "falls count anywhere" match as well.

#1799 Spotted Zebra

Spotted Zebra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:37 PM

Now I see why Trips Punk "Skinny Fat"
Posted Image
Thanks Vintage Canuck!

#1800 Imuzi

Imuzi

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:01 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR3Ee3p9F28

Last big wrestling show in Vancouver, May 29,2000.

I was there that night at GM Place, and Kid Rock performed, what a show, and the crowd was unbelieveable.

The entire show is on youtube, seperated into 6 clips. Wrestling was crazy back then!!!

I was there as well. I remember that a bunch of people had thought Stone Cold was coming back on that night. Good times.

EDIT: Anyone else go to that house show in 1998/99 that was over the top in rowdiness?

Edited by Imuzi, 04 September 2012 - 10:12 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.