Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

The Winnipeg Jets Thread! [2011/2012]

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#31 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,769 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

it couldn't get much sweeter than Ottawa and Winnipeg in the playoffs and the Laughs on the outside looking in...

#32 Perfect From Now On

Perfect From Now On

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:53 PM

Pretty incredible how they are currently third in the east and don't have a single player with a point per game average.
Posted Image

Paradise with pines and ice.

#33 Nashi

Nashi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,921 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:09 PM

I think they are actually going to make it to the playoffs. :towel:

canucks141.png

#34 Mason Raymond21

Mason Raymond21

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:25 PM

When the Jets first came back, I was so happy for them and their revived hockey team. Seeing the city and electric atmosphere throughout the MTS centre was awesome. Even better was to see another NHL team in Canada.

Right now they sit with a playoff spot and I hope they can maintain it. Again, it would be great to have another canadian team in the playoffs.

It's a shame that Atlanta had to lose two hockey teams though. The latter due to management who was indifferent to hockey.

Edited by Mason Raymond21, 25 February 2012 - 08:27 PM.

Posted Image

#35 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:58 PM

LETS GO JETS

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#36 Hobble

Hobble

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:24 PM

Toronto had to crap the bed against the Caps and Carolina blows a lead with 1min to go against Florida and then loses in shootout.

Not a good night for Jets. Need to trade for more offense.

#37 ronsmith

ronsmith

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:12 PM

Welly has 12 goals this year and made 700,000.

His contract is up at end of the season.

Is he coming back to the Peg for next season ? What do you think ?

#38 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:53 AM

Was cheering big time for them last night. That crowd was fantastic. Really hope they get into the playoffs. Those fans deserve it.
Sucks for them on Thursday though. ::D
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#39 hockeynub

hockeynub

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:21 AM

Will I get beat up wearing my 94' Fredrik Olausson Jets jersey thursday night? LOL

#40 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 15,769 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:32 PM

I'm in an odd spot here - I still have my Winnipeg Jets jersey that my Mom bought me when I was in gradeschool out east - dating myself, it had Hawerchuk's 10 on the back - and the Jets were mired in the longest losing streak in NHL history at the time (30 games - in 1980 - only to be outdone eventually by Ottawa). I wore it proudly to school nevertheless, and lived with the jeers and mockery. When I moved here in high school - my Jets were shipped to Phoenix - and I became, like my Dad, a loyal, diehard Canucks fan. Fast forward and now my long lost beloved Jets are back home - but with ex-Hawks like Ladd and Bygulien (let alone "the Canucks are afraid to lose" Wellwood) - I have had a hard time entirely warming back up to them. I love the Jets - I am glad guys like Tanner Glass went there, and they really need the win when they visit Gm place, but...they are now second fiddle to me.
I guess it will be a game where I hope three points are handed out...

#41 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,336 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

Was cheering big time for them last night. That crowd was fantastic. Really hope they get into the playoffs. Those fans deserve it.
Sucks for them on Thursday though. ::D

so was i , really love their fans passion , and just imagine if they made the playoffs and beat boston in the first round .i can dream cant i .

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#42 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:48 PM

so was i , really love their fans passion , and just imagine if they made the playoffs and beat boston in the first round .i can dream cant i .

If they make it to the playoffs it will probably be 8th seed which means the Rangers.
Unless they really do well and win the division to get 3rd seed.
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#43 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75,257 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:54 AM

Zach Bogosian remains day-to-day and despite leaving skate early did no suffer a setback an remains an option for Wednesday game with Stars.

307mg00.jpg

#44 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:09 PM

It looks like the Jets could be out. That's quite disappointing. I was hoping they would jump ahead of the Capitals into eighth place. Hopefully, they can still pull through in this last stretch of games.
The greatest segue into a weather segment.

#45 c-a-n-u-c-k-s

c-a-n-u-c-k-s

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,663 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:45 PM

Must win the in conference games. That's the key it appears. esp the 2 upcoming vs Caps.
i make music - here it is - and run a label & musician community - sectionz [savant, mr.bill, katfyr, sirensceol, virtual riot, kaster etc....] (mainly edm)

#46 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:34 PM

LETS GO JETS! Crucial win agains the Caps last night

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#47 Hobble

Hobble

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:56 PM

With it being the one year anniversary since Mark Chipman announced the return of the Winnipeg Jets, I thought it fitting to revive this old thread and post a very good tribute video. Gave me goosebumps.

Looking back on the year, it truly was magical. I have to say that my favorite chant had to be "Silver Medal!" and my favorite moment had to be when Little scored the go ahead goal against the Bruins on Dec. 6th to end their huge winning streak. That had to be the loudest cheer that I have ever experienced. Pure euphoria.

Notable mention goes to the Flying W. Never had I seen a 5 on 1 before and I was mostly relieved that they actually scored on it :lol:

#48 Bill Sikes

Bill Sikes

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,601 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

I loved the "Crosby's Better" chant at Ovechkin

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.