The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Winnipeg Jets Thread! [2011/2012]

Baercheese

I hope the fact that they are bringing in a ton of ticket revenue over the next 5 years means they can afford to go out and get some high end skilled players because how well they are playing right now with a pretty big lack of talent is impressive.

• 1 month later...

They sit in first in the SE Division but Florida has 4 games in hand. 2 pts ahead of Toronto (who is in 9th) and 4 pts ahead of Wash (10th) but both those teams have games in hand too.

Even though the games in hand are a disadvantage there are enough games remaining that Wpg just has to keep winning.

Those three teams they are competing with also play each other 2 more times each. Barring a bunch of three point games someone won't keep pace.

(and all this makes it much tougher for Toronto too, they fight 3 other teams for one spot whereas the three other teams are fighting for two spots)

They sit in first in the SE Division but Florida has 4 games in hand. 2 pts ahead of Toronto (who is in 9th) and 4 pts ahead of Wash (10th) but both those teams have games in hand too.

Even though the games in hand are a disadvantage there are enough games remaining that Wpg just has to keep winning.

Those three teams they are competing with also play each other 2 more times each. Barring a bunch of three point games someone won't keep pace.

(and all this makes it much tougher for Toronto too, they fight 3 other teams for one spot whereas the three other teams are fighting for two spots)

When the Jets first came back, I was so happy for them and their revived hockey team. Seeing the city and electric atmosphere throughout the MTS centre was awesome. Even better was to see another NHL team in Canada.

Right now they sit with a playoff spot and I hope they can maintain it. Again, it would be great to have another canadian team in the playoffs.

It's a shame that Atlanta had to lose two hockey teams though. The latter due to management who was indifferent to hockey.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in an odd spot here - I still have my Winnipeg Jets jersey that my Mom bought me when I was in gradeschool out east - dating myself, it had Hawerchuk's 10 on the back - and the Jets were mired in the longest losing streak in NHL history at the time (30 games - in 1980 - only to be outdone eventually by Ottawa). I wore it proudly to school nevertheless, and lived with the jeers and mockery. When I moved here in high school - my Jets were shipped to Phoenix - and I became, like my Dad, a loyal, diehard Canucks fan. Fast forward and now my long lost beloved Jets are back home - but with ex-Hawks like Ladd and Bygulien (let alone "the Canucks are afraid to lose" Wellwood) - I have had a hard time entirely warming back up to them. I love the Jets - I am glad guys like Tanner Glass went there, and they really need the win when they visit Gm place, but...they are now second fiddle to me.

I guess it will be a game where I hope three points are handed out...

Archived