The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver Canucks Winter Classic/Heritage Classic Jersey Ideas

CanucksFan95

I would be totally cool with the Canucks being in a Winter/Heritage classic (different debate) even if it meant they are the away team.

But to the people who say we don't have the right climate. It is close to freezing these days in Vancity and look at what it was like today in Philly. No snow, just cold.

BC Place is a viable option but even if we had to be the away team, I would be totally fine with that.

Sadly, it probably won't happen while Buttman is the Commish.

Exactly. Why doesn't the NHL include a Canadian team, even as the away team, for the Winter Classic. I'm sure that'll increase interest in Canada and the US still gets to host it.

And don't say that we have the Heritage Classic, because that's basically like a second place prize given only because we're not in the Winter Classic. The Heritage Classic is like a poor man's Winter Classic. Canada deserves better than that.

Canucks/Blackhawks would be the best thing to happen to television.

The HBO series would set records.

The NHL would become more popular than the NBA.

This is the best rivalry in the game right now if not one of the best in professional sports, the NHL just has to identify it and use it to its own advantage.

The Winter Classic is specifically for Americans, and having say Vancouver in Philly wouldn't attract as high of viewers in America, and NBC would have a fit. The Heritage Classic was played 5 years before The Winter Classic, and for Bettman to not have the Heritage Classic continuously like the Winter Classic is a disgrace in itself. This was Canada's idea, and we were the first to host an outdoor game, but yet we've had to wait from '03 to host a second one in '11.

As its been said before, a Canadian team will never play in the Winter Classic. This is NBC's toy and they don't want to share.

A heritage classic would be great and I'd like to see it between Vancouver and Winnipeg, simply for selfless reasons. Think about just how great that'd be for the Jets fans, and given the way the Jets play at home, I think it'd be an insane game to watch. Vancouver vs Edmonton or Toronto would be good too.

As for jerseys, I like the current trend of teams using a jersey from a time in their history that is significant. I would say 93-94 is the biggest part of our history right now, so I'd go with that jersey.

hey guys thanks for all the responses, for me I would love to see a similar HBO style series between the canucks and blackhawks, but i dont think HBO will sponsor that. It will probably be CBC or some other canadian company.

As for the jerseys, I would be all in to create my own jerseys on photoshop, but sadly i dont have it....anyone with photoshop is welcome to create a design and share it!

Archived