The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Music of 2012

GLASSJAW

As for Yeasayer - yes, the new album is underwhelming at best. The first four tracks are decent, but the rest is trash indeed.

Speaking of trash, had a good laugh at this line from a Pitchfork review:

"Still, the return of Soundgarden is something to get excited about, if only because it momentarily delays the release of another Cornell solo album."

Beck confirmed he's working on a new album, with songs he started working on in 2005 (Guero era).

I listen to Modern Guilt regularly. A couple of dud songs towards the end, but that album is absolutely fantastic. Guero is good too. Hoping it's a nice mix between the two, and hoping it comes out soon.

am I the only one who loves Tame Impala but doesn't really like that Elephant song? Probably my second or third least favourite track on the album. Which isn't saying much, because I love the album as a whole, but something about that song kinda bothers me.

it's funny, that song reminds me of "month of may" on The Suburbs.

it's like hey, here's a band i really like doing a straight-forward, 3 chord rock n roll song. kinda jumps out at you on the album. then you get into the other stuff and you realize that song has no depth and it becomes one of your least favourites.

that's what happened to me at least, in both cases.

Elephant reminds me of I Want You (She's So Heavy) on Abbey Road. Not necessarily my favourite song on the album, and seemingly out of place, but a nice change of pace when you're listening to the album as a whole.

But I gotta say, I prefer Elephant. I love the main riff, and the keyboard solo is a beaut too. Best nod to Deep Purple I've heard in years.

Beck confirmed he's working on a new album, with songs he started working on in 2005 (Guero era).

I listen to Modern Guilt regularly. A couple of dud songs towards the end, but that album is absolutely fantastic. Guero is good too. Hoping it's a nice mix between the two, and hoping it comes out soon.

Two releases I (strangely) have not heard yet: Moonface and Divine Fits. Anyone catch them?

Loved Wolf Parade, and was a huge fan of the last Sunset Rubdown and Handsome Furs albums (particularly the latter). Also a fan of Spoon (Britt Daniel in Divine Fits). Maybe I'm just jaded from the constant reformations???

Two releases I (strangely) have not heard yet: Moonface and Divine Fits. Anyone catch them?

Loved Wolf Parade, and was a huge fan of the last Sunset Rubdown and Handsome Furs albums (particularly the latter). Also a fan of Spoon (Britt Daniel in Divine Fits). Maybe I'm just jaded from the constant reformations???

Archived