Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GLASSJAW

Music of 2012

976 posts in this topic

Anyone reading, or plan to read, Neil Young's just-released autobiography?

Also, Morrissey's autobiography comes out this december.

Gonna be a nice winter break for me. Two of my favourite musicians!

i might read the neil young one if i get around to it. has anyone read shakey? i've been meaning to read that for forever

i've been listening to that Washed Out album from last year so much lately, i'm not sure why.

Grizzly Bear and Lower Dens this weekend, i'm pretty excited.

Any of you guys check out that Divine Fits album? It's basically the singer of Spoon and BC's own Dan Boeckner (Wolf Parade, Handsome Furs) doing a 'super group' thing. Usually super groups suck.

It's actually surprisingly good, in that very 'indie rock' sort of way. But at the same time, there aren't really any surprises, if you know what I mean. How you expect it to sound is exactly how it'll sound. but it's a very solid album

New Jason Aldean album coming out on October 15th.

I have high expectations for it after how great his last 2, "Wide Open" and "My Kinda Party", were.

Title: "Night Train"

Lower Dens were ok. they sounded pretty good, but they had like no stage presence and they didn't have much energy, i prefer them on record.

Grizzly Bear were fantastic though, one of the most impressive bands i've ever seen live. they made no mistakes, sang flawlessly and they all played multiple instruments super well. the drummer is just ridiculous, makes me feel bad about myself. the crowd was pretty good too, lots of singing along and stuff, that was my first time at the Commodore, that place is great.

aand i guess i have to download this new tame impala

few pages back I said Lonerism will be THE album to challenge Grizzly Bear for me. Still stand by that. Lonerism grows on me more with each listen, and there's a series of 3 songs in the middle that are absolutely ridiculous

(music to walk home by / why won't they talk to me / feels like we only go backwards)

kevin parker is an absolute master. wrote the music, played the instruments, produced the album. major talent.

You'd be hard-pressed to find hooks as catchy as the verses during the run that spans "Music to Walk Home By" through "Elephant", and while none initially stands out as the kind of hit that might push Tame Impala to bigger festival stages, the cumulative effect means Lonerism might.

just downloading the new Ty Segall and Mellowhype, 2012 has been super bottom heavy i guess, exciting times.

new Yo La Tengo and Toro y Moi already announced for early 2013.

awesome.

toro y moi has slowly grown into one of my favourite songwriters

I was never a huge fan of the band, but I'm really enjoying Billy Talent's new album, 'Dead Silence'.

It's actually a pretty good listen. Tight musicianship, and surprisingly profound lyrics.

that Philip Glass / Beck song is really awesome

I don't usually like electro pop but this sticks in my head since I watched the film. If you haven't watched the film, give it a try. Its like a David Lynch take on Japanese Anime.