The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Music of 2012

GLASSJAW

Not music of 2012, but I just listened to Casimir Pulaski Day from Sufjan Steves Illinois album. Damn, this song is deep. I've had this album for a while and only really listened to Jacksonville in any good detail. Just realized I had it too after seeing a thread on a message board

oh my god, 2013's All Tomorrow's Parties festival in the UK will be 'currated' by Deerhunter (one by deerhunter, the other by TV on the Radio)

and Deerhunter has confirmed they'll put on three shows, performing (at each): Cryptograms, Halcyon Digest, and Microcastle in their entirety.

Atlas Sound will also perform

oh my god.

just downloaded the new killers album, going to give it a listen. their music quality has obviously been on a pretty consistant downward slope. i'm mostly excited to see how bad it can be, although if it's decent i'll be happy.

also, here's an EP i recorded with a friend a couple months ago if anyone feels like listening haha, garage-y rock music-

http://zenmysteryfogg.bandcamp.com/

jeez, thanks dude. i play drums and sing backup, and play the keys on a couple songs.

we're being distributed by a tiny tiny vancouver label and kinda trying to get our feet off the ground.

also; this killers album is absolute garbage, their worst yet. determined to get through it though.

Hi Hume. Really liked your ep, It kind of took me back to some of my 60's music. The slight echo in the vocals (strong voice by the way) reminded me of what was almost a signature sound back then. Only slight niggle for me is the lack of a strong base line. You only list a lead and drummer, so does that mean that you only record as a two man band?..........if thats the case, you get an epic output.

Here's a couple of bands you put me in mind of from back in the day. There is much to be said for the raw, unfinished energy of the first garage bands.

By the way what set up do you use. Guitar, amp etc.

oh my god, 2013's All Tomorrow's Parties festival in the UK will be 'currated' by Deerhunter (one by deerhunter, the other by TV on the Radio)

and Deerhunter has confirmed they'll put on three shows, performing (at each): Cryptograms, Halcyon Digest, and Microcastle in their entirety.

Atlas Sound will also perform

oh my god.

Hi Hume. Really liked your ep, It kind of took me back to some of my 60's music. The slight echo in the vocals (strong voice by the way) reminded me of what was almost a signature sound back then. Only slight niggle for me is the lack of a strong base line. You only list a lead and drummer, so does that mean that you only record as a two man band?..........if thats the case, you get an epic output.

Here's a couple of bands you put me in mind of from back in the day. There is much to be said for the raw, unfinished energy of the first garage bands.

By the way what set up do you use. Guitar, amp etc.

Archived