Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D-Bo7

[Firing] Scott Arniel

Too bad he has to be the fall guy for the Blue Jackets shortcomings. I was rooting for the former Moose coach to have success but it doesn't look like it will happen in Columbus. Hopefully he gets another shot in the future.

Blue Jackets Fire Coach

The Blue Jackets and Islanders are the two most poorly run franchises in the NHL. I feel bad for their fans.

i hope gillis gets arniel back into our system, he was great for our younger players.

i hope gillis gets arniel back into our system, he was great for our younger players.

What a mess in Columbus. Trade Brassard and Nash to Pittsburgh for Malkin and Niskanen.

Draft Nail, and start all over again.

What a mess in Columbus. Trade Brassard and Nash to Pittsburgh for Malkin and Niskanen.

Draft Nail, and start all over again.

what columbus NEEDS to do is trade anyone of value away for a bunch of first, second, and third round picks; then draft nail and start over again.

wipe the slate clean, start over completely from scratch.

When he took the job, I honestly felt like he was walking into the right situation, with a core of talented young players that just needed the right direction. It's pretty obvious now that there was a lot more to it. As stated earlier, he never really stood a chance.

Well its always easier to fire one guy then trade half a dozen or so lol.

Team had some potential going into the season but very dissapointing, injuries not the biggest excuse either.

2/4 of the recent moose coaches are fired this year. Noel & AV remaining and I don't think they will get fired anytime soon.

Howson is the one who needs to be fired.

Someone said on twitter that it was like firing a jockey who was using a cow to run a horse race

As weird as it sounds i can see Howson gone in the off season and replaced with....

.... Pierre Maquire. no joke. I think he would do well in that organization and he himself is marketable to their fan base.

Howson is the one who needs to be fired.

Someone said on twitter that it was like firing a jockey who was using a cow to run a horse race

When you go through as many coaches as you do with the same management, you KNOW it's not the coach's fault.

I hate when we let a good guy go from our system to go become an NHL coach and then he's fired a year or two later.

Arniel was great in Manitoba. He was exactly what our young players should have in a coach. Cory Schneider credits Arniel with smartening him up and instilling a strong work ethic in him.

Wish we could have hung on to him.

Hope he can join the Canucks or Jets organisation.

I am sure Heisinger would give him a vote of confidence!

I guess that means no trade for a while. A coaching change will fix everything. :lol: