The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Mayan End Of The World in 2012

InSoM-

Guest Gumballthechewy

Don't worry, guys! I'm 16 hours ahead; I'll let you know if anything bad happens, and if I don't post again assume the worst and get in your bunkers.

End of the Mayan callender, not the end of the world. Last time I checked the world does not end when my callender runs out every year. So tired of listening to people saying it is. Like when we went to 2000 from 1999.

Guest Gumballthechewy

End of the Mayan callender, not the end of the world. Last time I checked the world does not end when my callender runs out every year. So tired of listening to people saying it is. Like when we went to 2000 from 1999.

they made there calender way to long. even in 2012 with computers and printers we still only make ours 1 year at a time.........i guess we are just freaking lazy.

it had to stop somewhere its not like they are still around to update it or anything.

not sure what they put the calender on but it sure seems like it would be no easy task to chisel out and infinite number of days and years on a cave wall.

The Mayan calendar is a series of 'baktuns' which are 144,000 days. There are 12 baktuns in total, with the last day of the last baktun being tomorrow. The Mayans also had a larger measurement, pictuns, which consist of 12 baktuns. They didn't plan beyond the first pictun, so naturally everyone thinks a primitive culture has some sort of advanced knowledge that our current technological society lacks.

The Mayan calendar is a series of 'baktuns' which are 144,000 days. There are 12 baktuns in total, with the last day of the last baktun being tomorrow. The Mayans also had a larger measurement, pictuns, which consist of 12 baktuns. They didn't plan beyond the first pictun, so naturally everyone thinks a primitive culture has some sort of advanced knowledge that our current technological society lacks.

Archived