The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PS Vita

I'll probably get one later down the road.

I have no reason to buy the Wifi version either, I'd rather get the 3G. 3G I could go online anywhere....and even use the big screen as an internet browser. For Wifi I'd have to be at home or at a McDonalds or something. If I'm at home, I would rather be playing my PS3 online anyways.

If this gets NHL I'll buy it FOR SURE. :P

I'm kind of annoyed that the VIta gets it's own exclusive Uncharted game. Now for Uncharted fans like me....there's no choice other than to buy the Vita if you want to get the experience.

There is a new Lumines coming for the Vita too.....and boy do I love those games.

I dont get it really. It wont fit in my pocket so if I have to have a pack with me anyways i would carry my tablet instead anyday. I get that its size is a problem as everyone wants as big a screen as possible and tons of features but if they had made the device just slightly smaller to add to its portability it would have a use for me. As is it doesnt.

slightly smaller plus NHL would have sold it.

I dont get it really. It wont fit in my pocket so if I have to have a pack with me anyways i would carry my tablet instead anyday. I get that its size is a problem as everyone wants as big a screen as possible and tons of features but if they had made the device just slightly smaller to add to its portability it would have a use for me. As is it doesnt.

slightly smaller plus NHL would have sold it.

That's one thing I hate about this generation. I want more RPGs. There were so many good ones on the PS2.

Come to think of it, when you think of the PS2 there was tons of amazing games. When you think of this generation, there's not a huge number.

Yep.

This hand held definitely needs more RPGs. PS1/PS2 was pretty much the golden age for JRPGs.

I played with one briefly at Future Shop. I was pretty impressed at how good the graphics were and the system itself seems pretty solid. Will get one eventually, but it needs more games.

Yep.

This hand held definitely needs more RPGs. PS1/PS2 was pretty much the golden age for JRPGs.

I played with one briefly at Future Shop. I was pretty impressed at how good the graphics were and the system itself seems pretty solid. Will get one eventually, but it needs more games.

Here's why I consider PS1/PS2 to be the golden age.

In sticking with what was released in North America:

SNES:

Chrono Trigger

FF II (IV) FF III (VI)

Mario RPG

Secret of Mana

Earthbound

Breath of Fire I, II

I really can't think of any other RPGs standing out from the SNES era. Feel free to add.

PS1:

FF VII, VIII, IX

Parasite Eve (not counting 2)

Suikoden II

Lunar Silver Star

Xenogears

SaGa Frontier

Vagrant Story

Tactics Ogre (first iteration to make it in NA, though it was originall released on SNES in Japan)

Final Fantasy Tactics

Tales of Destiny

Grandia

Wild Arms

PS2:

Suikoden III

Final Fantasy X, XII

Dark Cloud

Disgaea

Dragon Warrior VIII

Grandia II

Star Ocean III

I'd say (my personal opinion) that from the SNES era, FF III, Chrono and Secret of Mana take the cake. Those games still hold up in terms of quality today which is a trademark of great games. I was never a big fan of Mario RPG, but I can see why people like it.

For me, I would have to say PS1 provided the MOST entertainment for RPGs, since it took what SNES had going for it and built on it nearly to perfection. Suikoden II is probably the greatest RPG that people haven't played. Such a phenomenal game. I wish they would release it on the PSN already. Then add Final Fantasy Tactics, FF VII, Parasite Eve, Xenogears, Vagrant Story...man Squaresoft really couldn't do any wrong back then. Of course, the clunky graphics of the PS1 don't look as good now a days, but gameplay was fantastic. Most of my favourite console games of all time come from the PS1 era, probably cause those were my teen years haha.

PS2 was ok, but for me it was a downturn in terms of quality of RPGs, but still ok.

Of course my list may be biased.

Archived