The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PS Vita

• 1 month later...

I picked up a Vita the other day, but I don't completely understand this cross platform play. I want to buy MLB 12 which is apparently only 1 of 3 games available for cross platform play. Now they say you only need to buy the game once. My question is, which should I buy it for ? PS3 or Vita ? I am likely going to be playing it on the Vita more often. If I buy it for the vita can I play it on the PS3 just as if I purchased it for the PS3 ?

I picked up a Vita and Uncharted last night. The only problem I had was that my L button was squeaking. I found out on online that it's a common issue. Take a screwdriver and loosen the screw behind it and it will make the squeaking stop, if you are having that problem. Other then that. I love it so far.

I picked up a Vita the other day, but I don't completely understand this cross platform play. I want to buy MLB 12 which is apparently only 1 of 3 games available for cross platform play. Now they say you only need to buy the game once. My question is, which should I buy it for ? PS3 or Vita ? I am likely going to be playing it on the Vita more often. If I buy it for the vita can I play it on the PS3 just as if I purchased it for the PS3 ?

If you get it on Vita. You can only play it on the Vita

So for cross platform play, it needs to be purchaed on PS3? And then it downloads to the Vita ?

Edit: I think what's confusing me is they keep saying "one price" but I think maybe that's because you could buy the 2 bundled together at launch.

Right. If you buy the two games together, you can save like 20 bucks. I think it's $79.99 for both copies.

So, you need a PS3 copy, and a Vita copy.

Right. If you buy the two games together, you can save like 20 bucks. I think it's $79.99 for both copies.

So, you need a PS3 copy, and a Vita copy.

Thanks.

Bought it for Vita, not sure it's worth buying for PS3 too. Although, I do have a 3D TV and it's 3D compatible, so maybe when the price drops or something.

How's the Vita's going, guys?

Still playing it and whatnot?

Just wondering if people are bored of it now or anything. I'm thinking of buying one soonish.

I'm still a fan, but I've only had it 2 weeks.

I own:

Hot Shots Golf

Dungeon Hunter Alliance

MLB 12

How's the Vita's going, guys?

Still playing it and whatnot?

Just wondering if people are bored of it now or anything. I'm thinking of buying one soonish.

• 6 months later...

ya nice try troll but not everyone has 1500 to drop on a gaming computer and your still paying 50-70 bucks for software unless your waiting a year for steam sales

not to mention the fact your upgrading every 2-3 years while the ps3 has lasted 6 years and still has a couple more years left in it not to mention the fact the vita will go on as the top handheld console

so after debating whether to go with the wii u or the vita i ended up being easily persuaded into getting the vita with the free games for being a ps plus member

got uncharted golden abyss, mutant blobs attack, wipeout 2048, jet set radio and gravity rush all for free there is also final fantasy tactics psp game for free but didn't download

first hours of play and i love it looks great handles great a little wide is my only complaint and also kinda disappointed i can't download my spyro and crash bandicoot games other than that i love this system hopefully the full ps1 classic list becomes available but i can live without it also got the black ops bundle and bought lego lord of the rings

so after debating whether to go with the wii u or the vita i ended up being easily persuaded into getting the vita with the free games for being a ps plus member

got uncharted golden abyss, mutant blobs attack, wipeout 2048, jet set radio and gravity rush all for free there is also final fantasy tactics psp game for free but didn't download

first hours of play and i love it looks great handles great a little wide is my only complaint and also kinda disappointed i can't download my spyro and crash bandicoot games other than that i love this system hopefully the full ps1 classic list becomes available but i can live without it also got the black ops bundle and bought lego lord of the rings

Archived