The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler Unhappy with Vigneaults Comments

ovx_211

You know, AV wants Kes to play better thats why he is calling him out. To pass the puck, to shoot the puck & stopping trying to drag the puck & split the defense. A few things, unfortunately we, the media, the players, the coaching team, and etc.. are comparing the Canucks to last season. Yes, the team as a whole is not playing as well.

AV could have called out Lu. Could now call out The Twins, Raymond, Ballard, Rome...... BUT the diff is Kesler probably responds better to this kind of "calling out"

Kesler showing why he's not Captain.

As I've said before, Kesler will get injured in the playoffs again. He's the Sami Salo of the postseason. Trade him before other teams realize this.

Give Hodgson the 2nd line centre spot. Try Kesler on the wing. It's worth an experiment for one game. Who knows what'll happen?!

AV has thrown Bieksa onto a forward line, but he's reluctant to make this move.. I want to see what it looks like!! Hodgson's hands plus Kesler's determination to get to the net = success.

But if the AMEX line (is that what they're called still?) picks it up again, I'll be okay without the change icon_cheesygrin.gif

I hate the reporter that asked that. Obviously just trying to stir things up.

Kesler should have just "Next question" that. :D

Anyways Kesler has more assist than goals. Sure he can use his linemates more, but he isn't a mega puck hog.

AV said nothing about Kesler that was embarrassing to him or anyone else.

The context of the question asked by the reporter was lacking in what AV was really trying to say about Kesler's play and the team in general. In fact the reporter said nothing about the positive things AV had to say about Kesler in his final comments of the interview. As usual the reporter spun it that way purposely to get a rise out of Kes and create controversy. All Kes has to do is tune into the AV interview himself and all should be settled.

On the other hand, if Kesler feels AV's comments were not appropriate, then it is Kesler with the problem and he better damn soon learn to be more thick skinned. He is certainly not beyond receiving constructive criticism.

As others have said, right now he is not playing his best hockey, nor are others on the team. Take for example Keith Ballard and the scrutiny he has had to endure under AV's watchful eye. You don't see Ballard making a big to do to the media about being a healthy scratch. He takes it in stride like a professional player should and just maybe Kesler should learn a little from Ballard in that regard.

That was such an unprofessional thing for a coach to say. How does one of the best all around hockey player's in the world, and the hardest working Vancouver Canuck in the history of the team or since Stan Smyl deserve to take a shot at his heart. and his reputation ?

How does AV never criticize Luongo when he sucks, or Bieksa when he sucks or Raymond or the Sedins when they suck or Alberts or Rome or anyone else? Edler? Malhotra?, and why in the media????

Give me a break AV, why don't you just hold a press conference about how you think your i.e Stable Boy could be more efficiently shovelling that manure into your truck, while your at it?( By the way, he won't show up again)

Anyone who does'nt have the over 80 IQ to play Burrows with Kesler, and is too gutless to pull Luongo for fear of harming his feelings (err stock price), sure has the nerve to criticise anyone but himself.

Ryan Kesler is the last guy in the organiztion who deserves any criticism whatsoever when it comes to his effort,smarts and skill.

From AV's poor line combinations, to covering up his players injuries,(possible stock price decline), to cutting certain players who could be helping us today,(yes you too MG), to sitting Schneider forever and then playing him forever till we lose, just proves to me that he's just not all that smart to put it kindly.

Kesler obviously sets the bar very high for the rest of the team, who will undoubtedly, admit he is the best on the team in terms of heart and soul and skill and how we would go back to below average without him..

AV has absolutely got to go. We need a coach who actually cares. i.e show's and actually feels some emotion. Someone a little more like say ....myself err.I mean Rick Bowness!!! that is.

:mrgreen: :emot-parrot:

Yet another case of this strange, but increasingly obvious fact: AV doesn't talk to his players one-on-one. Not on the bench during games. And apparently not at all.

AV has been successful, but this non-communication with his players is a bit perplexing. Perhaps overblown, yes. But you can't deny that it is (or rather not) there.

TOML

The most annoying thing that Kesler does in EVERY interview, he uses the word "obviously". Even when its out of context. Its his favourite word or something. But its also a very condescending word. Ugh, he rubs me the wrong way. I hope they trade him!! Mind you, I like PLAYOFF Kesler, but can he play like he did against Nashville again????

That was such an unprofessional thing for a coach to say. How does one of the best all around hockey player's in the world, and the hardest working Vancouver Canuck in the history of the team or since Stan Smyl deserve to take a shot at his heart. and his reputation ?

How does AV never criticize Luongo when he sucks, or Bieksa when he sucks or Raymond or the Sedins when they suck or Alberts or Rome or anyone else? Edler? Malhotra?, and why in the media????

Give me a break AV, why don't you just hold a press conference about how you think your i.e Stable Boy could be more efficiently shovelling that manure into your truck, while your at it?( By the way, he won't show up again)

Anyone who does'nt have the over 80 IQ to play Burrows with Kesler, and is too gutless to pull Luongo for fear of harming his feelings (err stock price), sure has the nerve to criticise anyone but himself.

Ryan Kesler is the last guy in the organiztion who deserves any criticism whatsoever when it comes to his effort,smarts and skill.

From AV's poor line combinations, to covering up his players injuries,(possible stock price decline), to cutting certain players who could be helping us today,(yes you too MG), to sitting Schneider forever and then playing him forever till we lose, just proves to me that he's just not all that smart to put it kindly.

Kesler obviously sets the bar very high for the rest of the team, who will undoubtedly, admit he is the best on the team in terms of heart and soul and skill and how we would go back to below average without him..

AV has absolutely got to go. We need a coach who actually cares. i.e show's and actually feels some emotion. Someone a little more like say ....myself err.I mean Rick Bowness!!! that is.

:mrgreen: :emot-parrot:

Archived