Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Strange Apocalyptic Sounds Heard All Around the World

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
107 replies to this topic

#91 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:07 PM

I live in Ontario, not going to lie, I have been hearing similar sounds too. But until i see it on the news, I'm not goona panic. But this is f***ed no doubt

Edited by Henrik Sedin, 22 January 2012 - 11:08 PM.

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#92 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:10 PM

I thought top scientists and top archeologists just debunked the whole 2012 thing. Maybe something higher than us is throwing these sounds at us like there trying to say "think again"

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#93 Tambellini's Wrist Shot

Tambellini's Wrist Shot

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:42 PM

Just to clarify, the title is not my opinion of the entire thing. I just put the words that everyone had been throwing around to describe these sounds. I don't believe that it's real, nor do I believe it's faked. Until I get some solid proof if it's a farce or not, I'm not going to make a judgment on it, but it's still kinda spooky to me.

It is pretty funny how the grass is always greener, until it is in your backyard..

#94 butters

butters

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:52 PM

Just to clarify, the title is not my opinion of the entire thing. I just put the words that everyone had been throwing around to describe these sounds. I don't believe that it's real, nor do I believe it's faked. Until I get some solid proof if it's a farce or not, I'm not going to make a judgment on it, but it's still kinda spooky to me.

unfortunately in this case, anything short of saying 'it is BS' means you have been fooled and are quite gullible.

#95 Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:06 PM

OP you now owe me 3 minutes of my life back from reading this malarky.
Posted Image

#96 Hobble

Hobble

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,863 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

I just ate a sheet of brownies and my stomach is now making the same noises...

#97 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,731 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:09 PM

I have a friend whom I deeply trust tell me he heard these sounds a few nights ago in Burnaby and only then became aware of the phenomena after searching Google.

The sounds certainly seemed to have spooked him.

As far as I'm concerned then, there's something to this.

Edited by theminister, 24 January 2012 - 06:25 PM.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#98 butters

butters

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:25 PM

I friend I deeply trust told me he heard these sounds a few nights ago in Burnaby and only then became aware of the phenomena after searching Google.

The sounds certainly seemed to have spooked him.

As far as I'm concerned then, there's something to this.

then you need to check yourself because there are LOTS of people in Burnaby, and it would have been a bigger deal. Heck, I would have heard it. What your friend heard was a truck, or you are trying to play along.

#99 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,731 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

then you need to check yourself because there are LOTS of people in Burnaby, and it would have been a bigger deal. Heck, I would have heard it. What your friend heard was a truck, or you are trying to play along.

Incorrect on all fronts.

To add to it, he is a respected professional, a husband, father and highly intelligent. He is also a non drinker and not a conspiracy guy.

Put yourself in my shoes....what would you think? I trust this man as a brother and know he is mentally stable.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#100 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,728 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:34 PM

I like how the immediate argument is "But they're heard all over the world!!!!" How many places in the world has a "bigfoot" like creature been seen? How many places in the world have crop circles been seen? Yeah, those are totally real too.

Sounds like wind, considering the time of year. And if all these are happening in populated areas, where exactly is all the news coverage? It's like when people linked the baseball game video, and even before and after that was taken, people who actually know the place said the wind makes those sounds in the building fairly often. And I like it how everyone "hears it from someone" too.

Geeze. Unless you hear it yourself, see it yourself, can't find any logical reason behind it, and a bunch of people all over your street or city hear it.. don't get all crazy with things.

#101 OrdinaryBoy

OrdinaryBoy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:41 PM

my main problem with the baseball game clip is that no-one in the stadium reacted to it. the pitcher, the fans, nobody looked around.
Could they have taken a video clip of a game and then edited in announcer voices and the clip?

#102 butters

butters

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:14 PM

Incorrect on all fronts.

To add to it, he is a respected professional, a husband, father and highly intelligent. He is also a non drinker and not a conspiracy guy.

Put yourself in my shoes....what would you think? I trust this man as a brother and know he is mentally stable.

I would think your friend heard a truck or his own waterpipes groaning or something. If its not loud enough that the whole city hears it, then its completely irrelevant, and local to wherever your friend lives.

edit - and by the way, respectibility and intelligence have NOTHING to do with gullibility and the desire to believe in the paranormal/conspiracies. I know MANY smart people who fall for certain kinds of memes.

Edited by butters, 24 January 2012 - 07:22 PM.

#103 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:19 PM

Someone on google debunked most of the videos. He had legit evidence to as why most are false.

Does anyone else know of any Monkeys or other rainforest creatures chillin in Alberta? In the Winter!?

I cant wait until December 22

2yo50sh.jpg

#104 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:55 PM

Anyone else hear about the shaking in Sooke a few days ago? People were hearing low rumbling sounds and shaking, but there is no seismic activity recording.

#105 canucks since 77

canucks since 77

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:07 AM

Anyone else hear about the shaking in Sooke a few days ago? People were hearing low rumbling sounds and shaking, but there is no seismic activity recording.

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=MPaTufRTSYs

Yes, I read about it too. It was reported over half of the lower Island. Still no explanation. Could it be accoustical weapons being tested? The seismology office had to post a message on it's website that no earthquakes had occured.
Politeness is the first step to respect!

#106 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:00 AM

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#107 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,680 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

So, did anyone ever figure this whole thing out?

Posted Image

#108 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,742 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

So, did anyone ever figure this whole thing out?

Sorry...I farted

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.