Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scorevat

Bleacher Report: Ryan Kesler should be captain

403 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Canucks hand Ryan Kesler the "C"

• Yes, He is more of a leader, and his passion will rub off on the team
    • No, Hank has been a good leader and should stay with the "C"
    • not sure
    • Someone else example:Bieksa/Hamhuis

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

127 posts in this topic

I think Kesler should be captain. But I have no problem with Hank being captain. I love anyone who wears the Canucks uniform. Well almost anyone... cough* Messier *cough tongue.gif

kes has the heart and soul, push the puck in with my face mentality you want from your captain in the playoffs but take look at a team like Detroit with Lidstrom as captain who is a perennial contender. also the majority of the captains if not all in the entire league are calmer heads who can focus the team when needed which is usually in critical times. kes as an alternate is perfect because if the passion is needed the team will still follow his lead.

Kesler is a good player, but he still embellishes a lot, does dive sometimes (whether some of you want to admit it or not) & lets his emotions get the best of him.

This can be a good thing at times, but it also means holding the stick too tight & being frustrated & not using his linemates enough.

Henrik captained Vancouver to the SCF, it would make NO sense to strip him of his duties right now.

Gillis to Hank:

"Oh, you know. I know you're doing your job well and the team is playing pretty good, but uhh, we're going to strip you of the C".

F*ck that!

Wasn't this the moron who rated Kesler as one of the biggest whiners in the league? Bleacher is a douche. Keslers ego is too big to also deal with being Kesler. If he can't even take minor criticism from the coach without attitude, how could he handle being captain and leading this team to victory

Oh yes, plz humiliate our current captain and basically destroy the good vibes in our locker room by stripping Hank of the 'C'. While we're at it, might as well trade the Sedins away, cuz who really wants a pair of Art Ross Trophy winners on their team anyway...?

Why do we want to randomly strip people of their status again? :emot-parrot:

well unlike you , i wasnt born yesterday and remember him carrying the team on his back in the playoffs

laugh.gifdork

and im not saying he should be captain

If you want a real captain who leaded by example, remember Markus Naslund. There was a man who truly knew what it meant to be classy and exemplified it in every stride and every shot he took.

Wait, what year is this again? The one right before the Canucks won the president's trophy and the western conference championship, when they decided to make Henrik Sedin captain, or the one right after it, when this wasn't even close to being an issue anymore...

If Henrik or Daniel are out of the picture, I would want Hamhuis as our Captain .. tho why this topic even comes up is beyond me .. is the intent to stir discontent? ..

In last year’s playoffs, he was an absolute monster. In the series against Nashville, he was by far the best player game in and game out. His passion shined throughout the entirety of the playoffs, and its true nature was evident when the Canucks announced that Kesler would be undergoing hip surgery due to a torn labrum—an injury that he did not let slow him down during the playoffs.

Having the 'C' on Kesler's jersey instead of Sedin's is not the missing key to winning a cup.

never said thats what i wanted

i basically said henrik is a good captain

and kesler doesnt need to be , he leads by his play when hes on his game

Having the 'C' on Kesler's jersey instead of Sedin's is not the missing key to winning a cup.

The "C" is just a letter.

It takes team leadership to win championships. The group they have in the locker room is doing a good job, so why complain?

Classy, composed leader > arrogant passionate leader

Personally I'd rather have a guy like Lidstrom (Henrik) than someone Ovechkin (Kesler).

Only an idiot would make Ryan Kesler Captain over Henrik.