The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

No Sedins in shootout.

nuckin_futz

From interviews it seems Daniel and Henrik are getting a little peeved about being passed over in the shootouts.

5 shooters today, including Edler (who did score) and none of them named Sedin.

Last time they used Bieksa over the twins. Kind of weird to diss back to back Art Ross Winners.

They're bad at shootouts, and if anybody can put aside their egos for the good of the team, it's the twins.

That being said, they should be given some opportunities. The skill is definitely there, it just isn't translating into shootouts. I think they should really practice at them, which I'm sure they do and will continue to do, we all know how strong their work ethic is.

i cant recall a time where a sedin has scored in the shootout for us.. its been a long time.

yeah yeah, maybe if they were given a chance more often they would score more often, but id take burrows, mayray and other players like hodgson or hansen anyday.

sedins have many strengths. the shootout im afraid aint one of em.

Meh.. it's not dissing the back to back Art Ross winners. The Sedins game relies on puck possession and all these pretty tape to tape passes, it doesn't directly translate into a shootout. I often see them try to do a move and then neatly tuck in the puck under the goalie's pad, they never really get it high which is probably where they could improve most on.

Certainly they're the best players on our team, no doubt about that. But they simply don't need to go in the SO when the coach knows they're not good at them. And why do people care about SO anyways, it's not like we'll be faced with this predicament when winning games actually matters.

i cant recall a time where a sedin has scored in the shootout for us.. its been a long time.

yeah yeah, maybe if they were given a chance more often they would score more often, but id take burrows, mayray and other players like hodgson or hansen anyday.

Henrik getting the shoot out explained to him by Daniel:

Dank: You shoot it.

Hank: I pass?

Dank: No shoot.

Hank: OK I pass.

Dank: No, it’s just you out there. You and the goalie.

Hank: I pass to goalie?

Dank: We’re not related.

Hank: I love you.

Henrik getting the shoot out explained to him by Daniel:

Dank: You shoot it.

Hank: I pass?

Dank: No shoot.

Hank: OK I pass.

Dank: No, it's just you out there. You and the goalie.

Hank: I pass to goalie?

Dank: We're not related.

Hank: I love you.

Archived