The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Year Of The Bible?: Pa. House Urges ‘Faith In God Through Holy Scripture’

Satan's Evil Twin

God loves all of you fellow Canuck fans!

"For God so loved the world, that he sent his one and only son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life"

Not to argue but one thing we can take note is our record of time:

Little over 2000 years ago...somone named Jesus was crucified dead and buried. Raised on the 3rd day to life. B/c of this amazing event, the entire world history revolves around his birth/death...BC and AD is the timeline we ALL use.

Go Canucks!!!

Its the exact opposite of exercising freedom of religion. With all due respect to others beliefs? This is a lack of respect.

One religion should never get preferencial treatment over another, thats when freedom of religion ceases to exist.

Yet wouldn't you say some atheists, secularists get preferential treatment as whenever they complain about something religious the government (or whatever body) usually sides with them? IE - if an atheist complains about a sign, statue or words on a coin or in a song or what have you, says it violates this or that or just offends them - usually it is taken down....and or they feel they have the right to bash all those that were in favour of it in the first place or those that support it?

• 3 months later...

Some of the things the bible taught me......

1."I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man. She must be quiet." (1 Timothy 2:12)

2."Go, now, attack Amalek, and deal with him and all that he has under the ban. Do not spare him, but kill men and women, children and infants, oxen and sheep, camels and asses." (1 Samuel 15:3)

3."You shall not let a sorceress live." (Exodus 22:18)

4."Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." (Psalm 137:9)

5."When the men would not listen to his host, the husband seized his concubine and thrust her outside to them. They had relations with her and abused her all night until the following dawn, when they let her go. Then at daybreak the woman came and collapsed at the entrance of the house in which her husband was a guest, where she lay until the morning. When her husband rose that day and opened the door of the house to start out again on his journey, there lay the woman, his concubine, at the entrance of the house with her hands on the threshold. He said to her, 'Come, let us go'; but there was no answer. So the man placed her on an *** and started out again for home." (Judges 19:25-28)

6."And the males likewise gave up natural relations with females and burned with lust for one another. Males did shameful things with males and thus received in their own persons the due penalty for their perversity." (Romans 1:27)

7."Jephthah made a vow to the Lord. 'If you deliver the Ammonites into my power,' he said, 'whoever comes out of the doors of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites shall belong to the Lord. I shall offer him up as a holocaust.' ... When Jephthah returned to his house in Mizpah, it was his daughter who came forth, playing the tambourines and dancing. She was an only child: he had neither son nor daughter besides her. When he saw her, he rent his garments and said, 'Alas, daughter, you have struck me down and brought calamity upon me. For I have made a vow to the Lord and I cannot retract'." (Judges 11:30-1, 34-5)

8."Then God said: 'Take your son Isaac, your only one, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah. There you shall offer him up as a holocaust on a height that I will point out to you'."(Genesis 22:2)

9."Wives should be subordinate to their husbands as to the Lord." (Ephesians 5:22)

10."Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse." (1 Peter 2:18

Not that, that really matters...

"In God We Trust has appeared on U.S. coins since 1864"

"The idea of putting the phrase on U.S. currency was conceived by Salmon P. Chase, the U.S. Treasury Secretary under President Abraham Lincoln.[1] Chase wrote in an 1861 letter to James Pollock, then Director of the Mint in Philadelphia, that "no nation can be strong except in the strength of God, or safe except in His defense. The trust of our people in God should be declared on our national coins.""

1."I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man. She must be quiet." (1 Timothy 2:12)

2."Go, now, attack Amalek, and deal with him and all that he has under the ban. Do not spare him, but kill men and women, children and infants, oxen and sheep, camels and asses." (1 Samuel 15:3)

4."Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." (Psalm 137:9)

5."When the men would not listen to his host, the husband seized his concubine and thrust her outside to them. They had relations with her and abused her all night until the following dawn, when they let her go. Then at daybreak the woman came and collapsed at the entrance of the house in which her husband was a guest, where she lay until the morning. When her husband rose that day and opened the door of the house to start out again on his journey, there lay the woman, his concubine, at the entrance of the house with her hands on the threshold. He said to her, 'Come, let us go'; but there was no answer. So the man placed her on an *** and started out again for home." (Judges 19:25-28)

6."And the males likewise gave up natural relations with females and burned with lust for one another. Males did shameful things with males and thus received in their own persons the due penalty for their perversity." (Romans 1:27)

7."Jephthah made a vow to the Lord. 'If you deliver the Ammonites into my power,' he said, 'whoever comes out of the doors of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites shall belong to the Lord. I shall offer him up as a holocaust.' ... When Jephthah returned to his house in Mizpah, it was his daughter who came forth, playing the tambourines and dancing. She was an only child: he had neither son nor daughter besides her. When he saw her, he rent his garments and said, 'Alas, daughter, you have struck me down and brought calamity upon me. For I have made a vow to the Lord and I cannot retract'." (Judges 11:30-1, 34-5)

8."Then God said: 'Take your son Isaac, your only one, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah. There you shall offer him up as a holocaust on a height that I will point out to you'."(Genesis 22:2)

9."Wives should be subordinate to their husbands as to the Lord." (Ephesians 5:22)

10."Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse." (1 Peter 2:18

How delightful! You select some random assortment of verses written thousands of years ago and divorced from the cultural context in which they were written in and that will obviously offend our twenty-first century mindset and then try to make it seem as if the Bible is so backwards and irrelevant! Bravo! Some A+ scholarly work there!

How delightful! You select some random assortment of verses written thousands of years ago and divorced from the cultural context in which they were written in and that will obviously offend our twenty-first century mindset and then try to make it seem as if the Bible is so backwards and irrelevant! Bravo! Some A+ scholarly work there!

Archived