The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Raymond? Do We Really Want Him?

CanucksJay

Actually I just opened the thread to the very end. As in the last post. nuck nit's post to be precise. He simply posted numbers without any reference. No quote that he was responding to nor any mention of career numbers. I assumed he was comparing their numbers for this season. My bad.

By your formula, using career, Henrik scores 68.8 points per 82 games. Shouldn't he be a second line player? And he only scores 16.8 goals per 82 games. Raymond scores 17.6 goals per 82 games. It's funny what you can do with numbers.

OK, Higgins might of had the same points as Raymond did but there's more to it than that... 1) Higgins HAS chemistry with Kesler and Booth, Raymond DOESN'T, not to mention the fact that Higgins has the ability to play a grittier brand of hockey than Raymond will ever be able to, in short MayRay is a one dimensional player... 2) I could care less if Raymond "handles" the puck better than most of the team according to you, HE SIMPLY CAN'T FINISH WITH IT!!!

/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=10413990">snapback.pngBodee, on 22 February 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

I think it's you that is the little kid...........junior. How old are you? I notice you don't have big enough stones to show your age. Your posts are confined to derogatory remarks about a decent hard working player who gives his all for this team. You on the other hand go about these boards embarrassing yourself.

Back to your Playstation ...........junior.

You should listen to your own advise in this case ^

You should learn to read............and comprehend. Then you might not make a fool of yourself.

I really think MG ought to package Raymond to get a player who actually helps the Canucks. With our depth, he is not the best candidate for the 2nd line and he is not strong enough to play on the lower two lines like Higgins or Hansen are. Of course, packaging Raymond with other assets is hardly an idea that hasn't been talked about extensively already on CDC.

I think he would do well on another team that has a less talented 2nd line and plays a speed game. And while his trade value might not be massive, I do think that in a package with other assets we could get a player coming back that could really help us on the 2nd line or blueline.

Actually I just opened the thread to the very end. As in the last post. nuck nit's post to be precise. He simply posted numbers without any reference. No quote that he was responding to nor any mention of career numbers. I assumed he was comparing their numbers for this season. My bad.

By your formula, using career, Henrik scores 68.8 points per 82 games. Shouldn't he be a second line player? And he only scores 16.8 goals per 82 games. Raymond scores 17.6 goals per 82 games. It's funny what you can do with numbers.

/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=10413990">snapback.pngBodee, on 22 February 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

I think it's you that is the little kid...........junior. How old are you? I notice you don't have big enough stones to show your age. Your posts are confined to derogatory remarks about a decent hard working player who gives his all for this team. You on the other hand go about these boards embarrassing yourself.

You should learn to read............and comprehend. Then you might not make a fool of yourself.

Guest gumballthechewy

I'm not calling a decent player a little kid. But if you're interested I had my 66th birthday in December.........

Edit, I have added it now for anyone interested.

We know he can be. So yes. Is he struggling? Yes he is. But he did have a rather major event last June. The last two seasons he has shown he's a capable second line player. There's no reason to believe different at this point.

Last season's number 6 forward:

Detroit: Filppula 39 points in 71 games

Boston: Marchand 41 points in 77 games

Chicago: Frolik 38 points in 80 games

Vancouver: Raymond 39 points in 70 games

What does that tell you?

"It's one thing to listen to what media experts say. It's quite another to just believe them." Vanuck

Ferraro was a 192 point per year Brandon Wheat King ,Memorial Cup winner and 1258 NHL regular season games played veteran.22 professional years spent playing in the NHL,alone.

Ray scored 108 goals in a single year for Brandon,two-40 goal NHL campaigns and has 898 NHL points.

He is as close to an NHL expert as you will find.

He is now in media because he is the man,the NHL man.Calling Ray a media expert is like calling Gretzky a coach.

Ray lives in Vancouver and is as close to the Canucks as near anyone is in the broadcasting system today.

The fact is ,Van needs to dump salary if they want to attempt to acquire a playoff contending winger or D man.

If you don't trade the under performing and weak May Ray, just who goes to create the needed salary for a player that will go to the dirty areas,hit and score?

Archived