The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Raymond? Do We Really Want Him?

CanucksJay

only highlight of Raymond I saw from last night was when he missed the net by a meter which directly led to a detroit scoring chance 2 on 1.

I don't have patients for Raymond anymore.

-not good enough for the top 6

-not physical enough for the bottom 6

MG needs to let him go for a physical bottom 6 character guy which will contribute 10 fold what Raymond would come playoff time

lol during the Nashville series and the Boston series, I actually would have preferred Marchand over Henrik. All jokes aside, we shouldnt do that trade because we are trying to win the cup and we need good playoff performers (Which Raymond isn't) Henrik 22pts in 25 games last playoffs last year and 14 pts in 12 games the year before. So are you really telling me you would prefer Raymond in the playoffs over Marchand, Fippula and Frolik? Because that's essentially what you are telling me by comparing those 3 players to Raymond

If I made $30,000 dollars for every hockey game I played I would care less what people say. Once in contract year I would bulk up on muscle.After signing,I would let it all go again. 15 minutes of ice a game ,take a few shots on net,skate really hard,avoid contact,collect my game day pay. What a life.

Nothing. As I have a superb work ethic it has no relevance. BUT if you paid me $30,000 per game or a million bucks over 33 games for scoring grand total of six goals (Raymond,hint,hint) I would care less about work ethic,fat or whatever some noob said on a forum. Send those cheques,Gillis.I have a contract.

only highlight of Raymond I saw from last night was when he missed the net by a meter which directly led to a detroit scoring chance 2 on 1.

I don't have patients for Raymond anymore.

-not good enough for the top 6

-not physical enough for the bottom 6

MG needs to let him go for a physical bottom 6 character guy which will contribute 10 fold what Raymond would come playoff time

We can look at career playoff stats OR last season's playoff stats.

You were trying to say that Raymond is a serviceable 2nd liner by comparing him to Frolik, Marchand and Filppula by ONLY looking at last year's regular season stats.

Remember, YOU are the one that picked the 3 players.

My posts were saying that all 3 of those guys outscored Raymond by a WIDE margin in the playoffs (when it matters and the games get tougher)

Career Playoff Stats of those 3 average out to 0.62 points per game (118GP 73 Pts). Raymond's career playoff numbers are 0.33 (46GP 15 Pts)

Oh whats that? You were talking just last year's stats? OK then

Last Playoffs

Those 3 average out to 0.74 Pts per Game ( 43 GP 32 Pts)

What's Raymond?

Oh snap... still 0.33 points per game (24 GP 8 Pts)

Sorry what was your point of comparing Raymond to Marchand, Filppula and Frolik?

Raymond play went down from 0.56 pts per game in the regular season to 0.33.

If you want to go even further, the year before, Raymond scored at an impressive 0.65 pts per game but what happened come playoffs? back to 0.33 Pts per game...

Anyway you slice it, the 3 players that you compared Raymond to is a MUCH better option than Raymond and hey, yo uare the one that compared them to Raymond.

Clearly it shows that the other 3 guys raised their play during playoffs while Raymond's went down.

I have no idea why you would shoot yourself in the foot by hand delivering evidence that Raymond is NOT a worthy 2nd liner on this team.

Higgins was .32 in the last playoffs. But we love him don't we? Or should we get rid of him as well? You're a cherry picker. You keep switching what we're talking about. Career stats, regular season stats, playoff stats. Just just keep switching to what suits your need at the moment. Very reminiscent of Canucklelion in the Bieksa thread. I'll just keep running in circles changing the subject while clutching at straws to make Raymond out to be worse than he actually is. Some will certainly buy what you're selling. Isn't the saying: A sucker is born every minute.

I have no problem if Raymond is moved if it improves the club. But unlike you, I have no problem if he isn't moved. I really have a feeling you're going to be crying next week. I honestly don't think MG is going to make any major moves.

Higgins was .32 in the last playoffs. But we love him don't we? Or should we get rid of him as well? You're a cherry picker. You keep switching what we're talking about. Career stats, regular season stats, playoff stats. Just just keep switching to what suits your need at the moment. Very reminiscent of Canucklelion in the Bieksa thread. I'll just keep running in circles changing the subject while clutching at straws to make Raymond out to be worse than he actually is. Some will certainly buy what you're selling. Isn't the saying: A sucker is born every minute.

I have no problem if Raymond is moved if it improves the club. But unlike you, I have no problem if he isn't moved. I really have a feeling you're going to be crying next week. I honestly don't think MG is going to make any major moves.

I know I started the thread but I wouldn't squirm if we kept Raymond.

MG shouldn't make a deal for the sake of getting rid of him. He still brings positives to the team (on 3rd line)

MG should only move him (with other assets) if we actually improve (top 6 forward or top 4 dman)

I just find if laughable that Baggins still thinks he can compare guys like Marchand to Raymond

It used to be the case that I was not worried one way or another whether we kept or traded Raymond as long as we got something better back. However I've recently started to really hope we don't trade him, just to see these so called "Canucks fans" squirm.

Archived