The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Raymond? Do We Really Want Him?

CanucksJay

If Raymond stays (And I don't see him going anywhere as he's not really attracting trade talk). In the offseason he should work out with either Kesler or the Sedins or get help from Rod Brind'Amour and work like a fiend on his core strength. I think his problems are correctable. He's not going to be a bodybuilder but he could stand to pack on some more muscle and work on his stability and strength. His biggest flaw is he's takes nothing to knock off the puck He needs someone to work with him, maybe sacrifice some top end speed for being more solid on the ice. Learn to protect the puck more and just drive to the net. His speed should draw more penalties. But does he want to put in that level of effort to improve his play?

If Raymond stays (And I don't see him going anywhere as he's not really attracting trade talk). In the offseason he should work out with either Kesler or the Sedins or get help from Rod Brind'Amour and work like a fiend on his core strength. I think his problems are correctable. He's not going to be a bodybuilder but he could stand to pack on some more muscle and work on his stability and strength. His biggest flaw is he's takes nothing to knock off the puck He needs someone to work with him, maybe sacrifice some top end speed for being more solid on the ice. Learn to protect the puck more and just drive to the net. His speed should draw more penalties. But does he want to put in that level of effort to improve his play?

Wow, now people complain that he doesn't shoot enough? I thought his biggest problem was shooting too much and not passing enough. :picard:

I probably watch Raymond the closest out of everyone on the team (maybe Ballard) because they always take so much heat, and Raymond played very solidly vs Edm. Yes, he did not get a shot on goal, but he made a number of good passes that resulted in a scoring chance.

Why don't you watch him closer next time and see how the guy plays? People generally tend to remember negative things more than positive things if you're biased against the person, and that's how it is with a lot of Canuck players.

Anyone see him whiff on the puck in the 3rd period?

So disappointing that a player with his talent level choses to showcase it so infrequently.

It may be enough for him to just be in the NHL after his injury, and I'm glad he's recovered from it. But we are a team where if every player isn't contributing we aren't utilizing our full potential. To be happy to be here isn't enough anymore. He has to be willing to contribute to the goal.

At the pace Andrew ebbett was scoring with low minutes he would of outscored Raymond significantly for someone who gets top 6 minutes . Check the stats. That's not right. Look at when opposing teams have a solid top 4 D. Shut the Sedins and Kesler and you have cut the offense by at least half.

Im getting increasingly frustrated with his game. Doesnt use his speed effectively, doesnt work hard enough, doesnt hit, gets knocked off the puck easily, always stays on the perimeter taking bad shots and doesnt share/pass the puck when players like Kes and Booth are playing with him. I wish he played in the minors at the beginning of his career because he could have really benefitted from it and would be a great player for the Canucks right now. If he gets traded I have a feeling we're going to regret it it but thats okay because its good for him and I know he wouldnt have developed into a star if we kept him.

Always been supporting Raymond, but it's getting hard these last few weeks. Constantly giving the puck up, when he loses the puck, gives up the battle. Doesn't fight for the puck back. Goes to the outside, but then loses the puck. If he atleast went to the outside and created some room then it would be great, but just losing the puck in the corner, come on Mase.

Guest gumballthechewy

Im getting increasingly frustrated with his game. Doesnt use his speed effectively, doesnt work hard enough, doesnt hit, gets knocked off the puck easily and always stays on the perimeter taking bad shots. I wish he played in the minors at the beginning of his career because he could have really benefitted from it and would be a great player for the Canucks right now. If he gets traded I have a feeling we're going to regret it it but thats okay because its good for him and I know he wouldnt have developed into a star if we kept him.

Archived