The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Raymond? Do We Really Want Him?

CanucksJay

If he wasn't fully recovered, he wouldn't have went into absolute beast mode in his first few games back. It was like watching a completely different player, but now he's back to his same old tricks. I don't know whether he was playing off of adrenaline those first few games back or if he somehow reaggravated something (i doubt it). He has no problem flying around the ice. He just has no hockey sense and he gets pushed down too easily.

i want off the mayray train.. at very leat please av just take him off the second line and put higgins back.. higgins is able to draw more attention away from booth and kess and creates a second line that is much toughet to contain down low.. theyve shown this numerous times when the amex line has been together.

mayray has been decent enough defensively and is efficient at carrying the puck up the ice but he is lacking in many areas and the ice time he gets, all the shootout attempts hes gotten makes me curious what he's done to deserve it on a team where AV is only interested in putting out the best lineup he can.

to be fair not many players really came out tonight vs nashville, so for mason to be this invisible vs toronto and edmonton where we collectively score so many goals, and then tonight where he could have actually ponied up and been a difference maker amongst a team of average performances, it doesnt speak highly for his value on our roster right now in my books.

Hell, why not let Ballard play a fourth line role and have Mayray on the third pairing for defense. Oh right, Raymond is not a freaking defenceman.

The argument that he is good defensively is almost a moot point. He is a forward, he is supposed to score goals and get assists. All I've seen him do for the past two months is fall down and have the puck taken away from him. Truly pathetic. I hope he is traded because he is actually bringing the second line and I would argue, the entire team down with his poor play. He has little to no passion in improving his game. I think that's been proven by the last two seasons. Just look at his stats. Facts are facts.

The last player, before Raymond, to get this kind of treatment after a devastating injury, was Kevin Bieksa - and let me add that a broken back is just a wee bit worse than a serious skate cut. You are the same bunch that circled Bieksa like a pack of Hyenas, baying to be rid of him, and at how awful he was, now you are trying to take apart Raymond like vultures on what you think is carrion. You disgust me. Your opinions about Bieksa were then about as accurate as your opinions about Raymond are now.

The last player, before Raymond, to get this kind of treatment after a devastating injury, was Kevin Bieksa - and let me add that a broken back is just a wee bit worse than a serious skate cut. You are the same bunch that circled Bieksa like a pack of Hyenas, baying to be rid of him, and at how awful he was, now you are trying to take apart Raymond like vultures on what you think is carrion. You disgust me. Your opinions about Bieksa were then about as accurate as your opinions about Raymond are now.

In a performance based business as a second liner on one of the top three team's in the league let's take a look:

6 goals scored y/t/d.

One goal in February.

One assist in February.

One goal in January.

Three assists in January.

In the last 21 games played he has two goals and a shooting percentage of 5.85%.

Raymond? Does anybody want him?

Raymond for Allen

Regular Season:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Higgins

Schroeder-Hodgson-Hansen

Lapierre-Malhotra-Bitz

Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Salo

Allen-Tanev

Rome/Alberts

Playoffs:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Higgins

Reinprecht-Hodgson-Hansen

Lapierre-Malhotra-Bitz

Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Salo

Ballard-Allen

Alberts/Rome

Luongo

Schneider

Hell, why not let Ballard play a fourth line role and have Mayray on the third pairing for defense. Oh right, Raymond is not a freaking defenceman.

The argument that he is good defensively is almost a moot point. He is a forward, he is supposed to score goals and get assists. All I've seen him do for the past two months is fall down and have the puck taken away from him. Truly pathetic. I hope he is traded because he is actually bringing the second line and I would argue, the entire team down with his poor play. He has little to no passion in improving his game. I think that's been proven by the last two seasons. Just look at his stats. Facts are facts.

"Tonight he had a rebound come right to him with an open net and he wiffed on it."

Firstly, was that the total sum of his contribution?................no it wasn't.

I hope you had enough OPTREX to wash your tired strained eyes after being perched on the edge of your seat just waiting.........no, hoping...........nope, PRAYING for Raymond to make a mistake so you could scurry back on here and display your shallow mind.

Secondly, where exactly were the rest of the top 6 last night on the scoresheet? I've looked but all I can see is Weise's name a 4th liner who was on the ice a total of 6+ minutes.

Lastly, I have seen Booth and Daniel make the same play recently. I have seen Booth right through and squander in front of the goalie, I have seen all of our top six making as big or bigger faux pas in front of goal.............

It's too easy to take one incident and use it to justify some kind of vigilante witch hunt. I could do the same for any player you care to mention.

But what is it all about? Are we not all fans of the TEAM.........the guys wearing the jerseys?

What IS THE POINT of coming on here and conducting some kind of witch hunt on one of our own players. Is that what being a fan is about? I hope not. It's not even as if anyone at the Hockey Club gives a damn about what is printed here...............So I say again why all the negative effort?

Luongo says hi!

Sorry, but no intelligent person can defend Raymond's game right now. He has been down right brutal.

Tonight he had a rebound come right to him with an open net and he wiffed on it. Chances like that need to be buried, especially in the playoffs where scoring chances become fewer and more far between.

I was really hoping he would eventually regain his touch and find his way, but the guy is absolutely lost out there. It's like he's completely forgot where the net is on the ice.

Typical Raymond shift: Skate back and forth really fast, wait for someone to get you the puck, then skate it through the neutral zone, make a few moves, then dash for the corner and get muscled off the puck by a defender.

I don't wanna be a hater, but I've pretty much had enough...

What IS THE POINT of coming on here and conducting some kind of witch hunt on one of our own players. Is that what being a fan is about? I hope not. It's not even as if anyone at the Hockey Club gives a damn about what is printed here...............So I say again why all the negative effort? Luongo says hi!

Yes,we are all so excited jumping up and down,hardly able to contain ourselves at the goal per month pace May Ray is on.

It is so invigorating,inspiring.Read the accolades herein.He is so worthy.

He is being showcased on the second line on a top three team in the entire league and he is having a hard time figuring the whole process out.

Archived