The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Raymond? Do We Really Want Him?

CanucksJay

Guest gumballthechewy

I think it's you that is the little kid...........junior. How old are you? I notice you don't have big enough stones to show your age. Your posts are confined to derogatory remarks about a decent hard working player who gives his all for this team. You on the other hand go about these boards embarrassing yourself.

Back to your Playstation ...........junior.

I'm afraid Mason will not be the same player as he was before the back injury. I don't know if it's just me but you can't even notice his speed anymore. Kinda feel for him, he's gone through a lot and the club has been nothing but patient with him.

Who knows maybe his true value will show in the playoffs, if he still dawns the blue n white...

MR has 1 point (an assist) in last 9 games is not good enough for a 2nd line player. The 2nd line is there for offence when the 1st line is being shutdown by the opposition team.

When MR is on the 3rd line, he still has trouble getting points even though he would be playing against the opposition's bottom defensive pairings and forwards.

I understand what you're saying here. But i dont think Raymond will score than the 25 he got a couple years back. I think that season was an overachievment.Trading raymond is hardly "blowing it up". More, just trading a mediocre player and trying to upgrade to win the cup. I like mase, but i think he has peaked and would like to see his spot upgraded. If there are plenty of players in the league that can score 15 goals and add alot more grit on top of that.

Yes you can find players like that, but not many at or around $2.55 mil per. If he had a lot more grit to his game he'd be making at least 3.5+, maybe even 4 mil. Tuomo Ruutu today re-signed for 4.75, 250k less than Kesler. No way we'd pay him that much, with his injury history and all.

That season you mentioned was also when he got a lot of PP time too, something he isn't getting right now.

Hansen had one more point and Higgins had the same in the playoffs. Neither of them have Raymond's defensive qualities.........This board is crawling with people eager to put those 2 on the 2nd line. He handles the puck better than most of the team.........do you even watch the games?

You are so wrapped up in your dislike for a fine player, any judgement or logic you might have possessed is only a distant memory.

I'm sorry but this is completely false. Higgins has Raymond bested in nearly early RTSS there is:

Exhibit one: Higgins has 8shg (in 460gp) to Raymond's 2shg (308gp) to Hansen's 2shg (249gp).

So 1.42shg/82gp to 0.53shg/82gp to 0.65shg/82gp.

Exhibit two: Higgins has 302-114 takeaways-giveaways (39-12 this year). Raymond has 125-75 TA-GA (10-7 this year). Hansen has 105-51 (25-17 this year).

So 53-20 TA-GA per 82gp to 33-20 TA-GA per 82gp to 35-17 TA-GA per 82gp.

Exhibit three: Higgins has 280 blocked shots to Raymond's 68 blocked shots to Hansen's 75 blocked shots.

So 50 blocked shots/82gp to 18.1 blocked shots/82gp to 25 blocked shots per 82gp.

Exhibit four: Higgins has 517 hits to Raymond's 187 hits to Hansen's 296 hits.

So 92 hits/82gp to 50 hits/82gp to 97 hits/82gp.

Exhibit five:

Higgins:

11/12 6ppga in 57mins = 78.6% PK rate

10/11 6ppga in 109mins = 89.1% PK rate

09/10 11ppga in 145mins = 84.9% PK rate

08/09 12ppga in 122mins = 80.4% PK rate

07/08 10ppga in 127mins = 84.4% PK rate

06/07 14ppga in 129mins = 78.5% PK rate

05/06 16ppga in 182mins = 82.4% PK rate

Career totals: 70ppga in 774mins = 82.0% PK rate

Raymond:

11/12 1ppga in 40mins = 95%

10/11 5ppga in 75mins = 86.9%

09/10 13ppga in 128mins = 79.7%

08/09 6ppga in 56mins = 78.6%

Career totals: 25ppga in 299mins = 83.4%

Hansen:

11/12 12ppga in 138mins = 82.6%

10/11 9ppga in 198mins = 91%

09/10 9ppga in 84mins = 78.6%

08/09 8ppga in 93mins = 73%

Career totals: 38ppga in 513mins = 85.3%

Exhibit three: Higgins has 280 blocked shots to Raymond's 68 blocked shots to Hansen's 75 blocked shots.

So 50 blocked shots/82gp to 18.1 blocked shots/82gp to 25 blocked shots per 82gp.

Exhibit four: Higgins has 517 hits to Raymond's 187 hits to Hansen's 296 hits.

So 92 hits/82gp to 50 hits/82gp to 97 hits/82gp.

So,can't hit,can't score and won't go to the centre of the ice.

Yeah,we will win the cup with Raymond on the second-not.

Third line duties? Yes.

Second line duties on a team that can afford to toil in seventh place and are not an immediate cup contender.

I wish him well.It is not a hate fest on May Ray.

It is reality time if your team is about to upgrade and have a better chance to win now.

So,can't hit,can't score and won't go to the centre of the ice.

Yeah,we will win the cup with Raymond on the second-not.

Third line duties? Yes.

Second line duties on a team that can afford to toil in seventh place and are not an immediate cup contender.

I wish him well.It is not a hate fest on May Ray.

It is reality time if your team is about to upgrade and have a better chance to win now.

Maybe if he could hit an open net he would have more power play time? lets get real .. Raymond cant hit the broad side of a barn. Even in warm ups he cant hit the net with no goalie or players obstructing him.. Only times he scores is shooting it off of someone or spining around in the SO. Suprised he doesnt fall over trying that move he can hardly stay on his feet trying to trick opponents with stops and starts as it is.

"It's one thing to listen to what media experts say. It's quite another to just believe them." Vanuck

Ferraro was a 192 point per year Brandon Wheat King ,Memorial Cup winner and 1258 NHL regular season games played veteran.22 professional years spent playing in the NHL,alone.

Ray scored 108 goals in a single year for Brandon,two-40 goal NHL campaigns and has 898 NHL points.

He is as close to an NHL expert as you will find.

He is now in media because he is the man,the NHL man.Calling Ray a media expert is like calling Gretzky a coach.

Ray lives in Vancouver and is as close to the Canucks as near anyone is in the broadcasting system today.

The fact is ,Van needs to dump salary if they want to attempt to acquire a playoff contending winger or D man.

If you don't trade the under performing and weak May Ray, just who goes to create the needed salary for a player that will go to the dirty areas,hit and score?

Archived