small letters

#32 canucks3322

canucks3322

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:45 PM

LOL I thought this thread about raymond would be different aha it was not ..

#33 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:59 PM

He doesn't draw penalties because he doesn't go hard to the net. Why would anyone hook him if he's just going around the outside and behind the net? That's not a threat so generally, d-man just follow him and guide him to the end boards without much worry about giving up a scoring chance

Hey dummy, I don't know if you've noticed, but NOBODY on the Canucks draws penalties anymore. It's not because the calls aren't there to make, it is because they just aren't being made. Nobody is calling trupping, interference, holding, slashing, etc on teams playing the Canucks. It is a league thing. Can't have one team with a PP miles ahead of everyone else, it discourages the mayhem.

#34 KING ALBERTS

KING ALBERTS

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:09 PM

can't agree more with the OP... it drives me nuts when he rips into the zone, skates around the net, and throws a terrible pass in front to nobody.

it really is amusing how many people are so attached to him - and i get it... guys been on the team for his whole nhl career, he came back from a broken back, and hes always had a lot of promise.

time to face facts - he isnt a prospect anymore, and he hasnt lived up to the potential. i'm not the only one who sees this either... how long did it take for raymond to get knocked back down to the third line when booth came back healthy? immediatly?

raymond doesnt bring enough to the table for a third liner... and with hodgson and hansen playing the best hockey of their careers, i dont see why we need to keep this fast skating puck hog any longer. theres plenty of 3rd line players that could really gel with hodgson, hes already got a better shot and better hockey sense than raymond.. might as well put him with someone who can pass.

oh and 'in before the talk about how great he is defensively'.. his two (admittedly very nice) breakups on the backcheck were the first time ive noticed him defensively in weeks
Posted ImagePosted Image

i fel off the banwagon and hit my hed on a rok

#35 Kesler the Beast

Kesler the Beast

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:21 PM

Do you think CanucksJay made the font so small to see how many people would actually struggle through to read the whole redundant post and then complain about how they read it and found it redundant even though all the signs were pointing to this post being redundant. Well I fell for it and man was this post REDUNDANT! lol

oh and as for my opinion well raymond lacks finish and isnt the best passer but has great speed which creates open ice for his teammates, is a great penalty killer and backchecks hard. If we can swap him for a phyiscal presence that can contribute ala the flavor of the month travis moen then pull the trigger, if not then oh well, hope you have a great playoffs mase.

Edited by Kesler the Beast, 02 February 2012 - 07:25 PM.

#36 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,894 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:30 PM

"Tough to improve as a player when you have a f'd up back."- Cody Hodgson

Perhaps MayRay has yet to reach his full potential. But perhaps we've seen it already. Who knows. But deadline deals by contenders are usually ones that add depth, not shake it up.

If we wanted to trade MayRay or CS, we would've done it already. Cheers.

TOML

"The things you don't have are sometimes the things you don't want or need."
Posted Image

#37 Kevlar

Kevlar

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:31 PM

I've been waiting for a thread like this.

After Clutch made the Burrows thread and that other guy made the Bieksa hate thread, they both stepped it up big time.

I hope this marks the start of the turnaround for Raymond.

#38 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,779 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:47 PM

You just gave Raymond the official CDC bump!

Posted Image

30rw2li.jpg   ..................... Put Gino in the Ring of Honour!  .......................  2hg788l.jpg

#39 asdfman

asdfman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:51 PM

Did you do this in hopes that Raymond starts playing out of his mind? :bigblush:
Posted Image

#40 KING ALBERTS

KING ALBERTS

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:53 PM

If we wanted to trade MayRay or CS, we would've done it already. Cheers.

TOML

thats what the trade deadline is for... you don't know whats going to happen or not happen... i mean, who predicted us trading sammy and sturm less than a dozen games into the season?

IF IF IF theres a trade that makes our team better, raymond seems to be the odd-man out

and i don't know if anyone has told you this, but signing your posts with an abbreviation of your made-up online forum name sure comes off as you being a douche.

KA
Posted ImagePosted Image

i fel off the banwagon and hit my hed on a rok

#41 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:20 PM

I've been waiting for a thread like this.

After Clutch made the Burrows thread and that other guy made the Bieksa hate thread, they both stepped it up big time.

I hope this marks the start of the turnaround for Raymond.

Don't forget the Hanson one!

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#42 domyours

domyours

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:41 PM

Yes, we need Raymond, and yes again, we really need him, we do really truly need him. So, here you go, that's my answer.

#43 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:29 AM

As a third liner player he is excellent defensively in the playoffs. We have no one right now in our system even close to being as capable and ready to play. Not every single player lights it up in the playoffs either.

I mean you could be critical of Higgins too and say he's way slower than Raymond, doesn't have great puck handling and is not overly strong on the backcheck. Should we get rid of him too?

You forgot to mention that he also has chemistry with Kesler. They look great together when they are both on their game. Flying all over the ice. So, he can step to that line and play too which is a bonus, he already knows the players and the system.

Lastly this is all kind of regurgitated crap, like Luongo always bellflops. You can't always cookie cutter everything. Raymond doesn't do your little play scenario every time either like others have tried to insinuate over the last couple years.

Oh yeah, he was probably our best forechecker in the playoffs last year as well.

I do like his defensive abilities. This was evidenced by 2 GREAT back-checks in the Chicago game.
Is that all we need in a 3rd liner?

I disagree about the chemistry with Kesler. They are both shoot first guys and they dont use each other effectively.

I dont think he was our best forechecker in the playoffs. I thought there were many other guys ahead of him like Torres, Hansen, Lapierre without counting the stars like Kesler and Burrows.

Edited by CanucksJay, 03 February 2012 - 09:38 AM.

#44 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:39 AM

I like how he plays. I like guys who back check, particularly when they are wingers. In the new NHL where two line passes are permitted and the "stretch pass" is so common, his speed and defensive responsibility are under-rated - and those things are constants - scoring is not - not even for the best of players.

Also I keep hearing this thing - his style of play doesn't suit the playoffs... By that logic Zetterburg, Datsyiuk, and Lidstrom don't "suit the playoffs" - they are skill and finesse guys... who have SC rings. As a matter of fact - if you look at Lidstrom, he never hits anyone (a few years back he had 1 body check in the entire playoffs), he doesn't block shots, he has never had a single fight, and he doesn't cheap shot anyone. Nevertheless, he is on a short list of the all time best defensemen...and not bad in the playoffs either.

ALL SO VERY VERY TRUE!

I still see Raymond in my mind's eye diving full length in the Canuck's half trying to make an interception on a Boston break away. I'm not sure I've seen many back checking forwards showing such determination, especially with his recent medical problem.

Raymond is a heart and soul Canuck. The team is poorer without him.

What a pity he went and scored yesterday. How many haters did that upset. :picard:
Kevin.jpg

#45 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:44 AM

I do like his defensive abilities. This was evidenced by 2 GREAT back-checks in the Chicago game.
Is that all we need in a 3rd liner?

I disagree about the chemistry with Kesler. They are both shoot first guys and they dont use each other effectively.

I dont think he was our best forechecker in the playoffs. I thought there were many other guys ahead of him like Torres, Hansen, Lapierre without counting the stars like Kesler and Burrows.

Agreed. I don't think Kesler likes playing with Raymond. :lol:

#46 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,451 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:52 AM

When healthy he can put up about 50 points a season. That's second line numbers since he was on the second line the past couple years, he is on the 3rd line now and is still putting up numbers.

And anyone who thinks he is our WORST PLAYER, we are pretty lucky! Be happy with what we have.

Edited by DRCN SLYR, 03 February 2012 - 10:54 AM.

#47 HawaiiSoccer

HawaiiSoccer

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:06 AM

Make your font bigger bro! Other than that, Raymond did score a nice goal last night and is heating up... lets see how hes doing by trade deadline before wanting to practically give him away for a player like Rome :picard:

AMEX line--> Best second line in the NHL

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#48 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:26 AM

I like how he plays. I like guys who back check, particularly when they are wingers. In the new NHL where two line passes are permitted and the "stretch pass" is so common, his speed and defensive responsibility are under-rated - and those things are constants - scoring is not - not even for the best of players.

Also I keep hearing this thing - his style of play doesn't suit the playoffs... By that logic Zetterburg, Datsyiuk, and Lidstrom don't "suit the playoffs" - they are skill and finesse guys... who have SC rings. As a matter of fact - if you look at Lidstrom, he never hits anyone (a few years back he had 1 body check in the entire playoffs), he doesn't block shots, he has never had a single fight, and he doesn't cheap shot anyone. Nevertheless, he is on a short list of the all time best defensemen...and not bad in the playoffs either.

Are you seriously comparing Raymond to any of those Wings be it regular or post season?
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#49 lexluthor

lexluthor

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:30 AM

Make your font bigger bro! Other than that, Raymond did score a nice goal last night and is heating up... lets see how hes doing by trade deadline before wanting to practically give him away for a player like Rome :picard:

Lucky goal defected off Detroit d-man's pants. During play-by-play, John Garrett said his shot would have missed the net by a foot and the d-man was trying to get out of the way but it deflected off him into the net.

CDC people say Raymond's shot always misses the net. Well this shot was another off target attermpt that got a lucky deflection.

#50 JPizzle

JPizzle

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:59 AM

he hates Coho , for some reason he never passes to him . He seems to always try to do it all himself in the offensive zone and then puts himself in a tough position , which leads to a turnover or a shot 5 miles off the net. Yes his back check is great but that's about it

#51 ramone1984

ramone1984

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:13 PM

Lol, when I first read this post I thought it said: "Ramone, do we really need him?"

And I was like what the H.E double hockey sticks??? What did I do?

Cheers,

Ramone
Thanks for the sig Tv9924!
Posted Image

#52 poetica

poetica

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:24 PM

Let's hope Raymond's perfermance againt the Red Wings last night is an indication of what's to come from him. Easily his best of the season so far.
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#53 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:26 PM

Posted Image

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#54 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:29 PM

Lucky goal defected off Detroit d-man's pants. During play-by-play, John Garrett said his shot would have missed the net by a foot and the d-man was trying to get out of the way but it deflected off him into the net.

CDC people say Raymond's shot always misses the net. Well this shot was another off target attermpt that got a lucky deflection.

What sour faced comment for a Canucks fan to make. The hypocrites are alive and living on CDC.

If he had scored it to win the SC you would have gone out and shot yourself I suppose and bored everyone you met with how we shouldn't really have won the SC because the shot was deflected. Or more likely creamed your pants like the rest of us.

I hope you were not also one of the idiots who complained about his spin o rama SO goal because we sure as hell could have used it last night.

Support the guys in the jerseys.

Edited by Bodee, 03 February 2012 - 12:30 PM.

Kevin.jpg

#55 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:32 PM

he hates Coho , for some reason he never passes to him . He seems to always try to do it all himself in the offensive zone and then puts himself in a tough position , which leads to a turnover or a shot 5 miles off the net. Yes his back check is great but that's about it

You're a damned liar if you can't back up that statement sir!
Kevin.jpg

#56 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:49 PM

Let's hope Raymond's perfermance againt the Red Wings last night is an indication of what's to come from him. Easily his best of the season so far.

What sour faced comment for a Canucks fan to make. The hypocrites are alive and living on CDC.

If he had scored it to win the SC you would have gone out and shot yourself I suppose and bored everyone you met with how we shouldn't really have won the SC because the shot was deflected. Or more likely creamed your pants like the rest of us.

I hope you were not also one of the idiots who complained about his spin o rama SO goal because we sure as hell could have used it last night.

Support the guys in the jerseys.

I support the team and was ecstatic when Raymond scored. As a Canucks fan, I don't care how they score. If every goal is off a d-man's butt, I will take it.

but the guy is right. Garret said like 3 times about how Raymond's shot was going wide and get a fortunate bounce of Stuart.

Raymond's heart and desire ins't the problem. I know the guy gives 100% every shift. The problem is what he actually brings to the table.

The fact is,he spent half the game last night on his hands and knees. (Seriously? How many times did he fall down?)

And then he took a poor shot that was missing the net from the half-boards which got a fortunate bounce.

As a fan we'll take it but at the same time, I think you'd be pretty naive to say that was his best game All Season because he scored a fluky goal.

#57 KiwiAd

KiwiAd

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:57 PM

No we dont. How long and how many chances will this guy get?! :picard:
Canucks fan all the way in NZ !

Posted Image Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#58 JPizzle

JPizzle

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:16 PM

You're a damned liar if you can't back up that statement sir!

#59 JPizzle

JPizzle

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:21 PM

you are rude Sir! watch the games
I'm just calling it as - I - see it

#60 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,881 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:30 PM

I support the team and was ecstatic when Raymond scored. As a Canucks fan, I don't care how they score. If every goal is off a d-man's butt, I will take it.

but the guy is right. Garret said like 3 times about how Raymond's shot was going wide and get a fortunate bounce of Stuart.

Raymond's heart and desire ins't the problem. I know the guy gives 100% every shift. The problem is what he actually brings to the table.

The fact is,he spent half the game last night on his hands and knees. (Seriously? How many times did he fall down?)

And then he took a poor shot that was missing the net from the half-boards which got a fortunate bounce.

As a fan we'll take it but at the same time, I think you'd be pretty naive to say that was his best game All Season because he scored a fluky goal.

I thought your opening post was bad, but congrats on unseating it.

Garret did say the shot was going two feet wide. Of course we all know that Cheech never exaggerates...I looked for a replay that showed the shot going wide, but it never came. The only thing that Garrett had right was that it hit the defender. Kind of like Kes' goal against the 'HawksBTW:

I don't know what game you were watching, but you obviously had your hater glasses on. Raymond did play well last night, with or without the tying goal. And he most certainly did not spend "half the game on his hands and knees".

Not only is this thread unoriginal, but it is inaccurate as well. Nice first post. You'll fit right in around here....

Edited by RUPERTKBD, 03 February 2012 - 01:32 PM.

Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.