The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Raymond? Do We Really Want Him?

CanucksJay

Not saying that I hate him but the way he plays and what he does with the puck really frustrates me. He's been given numerous opportunities to pot in easy tap ins but for some odd reason, its only him that never finishes the play off. I like his speed and what he can do defensively and I'm willing to wait for him to break out just when the playoffs come around but I am positive that MayRay will be able to land us a decent defenseman or a similar player who crashes and bangs and can score the occasional goal.

So after reading everything on the board

I believe the biggest proponents of Raymond are

Baggins, Bodee

Baggins actually thinks Raymond is a solid 2nd liner

Miller and I are neutral

And then there's a lot of hate.

I still think he has some value to the Canucks and we shouldn't necessarily trade him for the sake of getting rid of him.

I actually think he's a very serviceable 3rd liner and if he signs on for 2m or less, I actually like him as our 3rd line winger. If this is the case, I wouldnt mind if MG acquired a Big body to create space for Raymond and Hodgson on the 3rd line and move Higgins up to 2nd line.

If this happens, I expect we'll get better production from all 3 lines and scoring will go up and everyone will be on the Raymond bandwagon again. ::D

Hansen had one more point and Higgins had the same in the playoffs. Neither of them have Raymond's defensive qualities.........This board is crawling with people eager to put those 2 on the 2nd line. He handles the puck better than most of the team.........do you even watch the games?

You are so wrapped up in your dislike for a fine player, any judgement or logic you might have possessed is only a distant memory.

Archived