The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Raymond? Do We Really Want Him?

CanucksJay

LOL ...

2 can play that game

Lets see... when the going gets tough...

Career Playoff Numbers

Marchand 25 GP 19 Pts 0.76 pts/game

Filppula 86 GP 49 Pts 0.57 pts /game

Frolik 7 GP 5 Pts 0.71 pts/game

And then....

Raymond 46 GP 15 Pts 0.33 pts/game

wut...

You make good points but Ray is working in the business and is in the rinks and talking with the players/mgmt..

He has more of a sense of what is occurring on the inside than 99.99% of all of us sitting at computers in front of tv screens.

Vancouver has to shed salary may mean his salary is one that could be used to acquire grit,depth,whatever.

Those are the reasons and Ray has credibility.

Ray may get the sense that fans are clamouring to trade Raymond... doesn't mean it'll actually happen without good reason. And what player are you going to acquire for him who can also do the same things at the same or similar salary?

Edit: About what some of the posters in this thread have been saying... it makes me want to tear my eyes out. :picard: Where's the civility?

Ray may get the sense that fans are clamouring to trade Raymond... doesn't mean it'll actually happen without good reason. And what player are you going to acquire for him who can also do the same things at the same or similar salary? Edit: About what some of the posters in this thread have been saying... it makes me want to tear my eyes out. :picard: Where's the civility?

I Myself do not believe We need Raymond any Longer,

With a More abrasive Booth in the Line up wh is more effective.

When he is healthy, I would like to see Bitz take His spot ( depending on opponent and Game, and alternate with Burrows)

I would sit Raymond in more Physical games , and keep Weise on the 4th

These guys are not anchors and have skill

They dont need to beat up the Lucic,Chara type players

Just stand up to them,and take them off of the ice for 5 min !

These type of Players will be more effective,and welcome to their Teamates come the Playoffs

If You cant get anything in a package with Raymond (As in Abrasive skilled Dman) Take the Draft picks , or just sit Raymond in anticpacted Physical games (usually entire playoffs), where He is ineffective

If a trade is to be done salary has to be shed and players have to be offered up to shed salary and make it work.

With one goal in January and one goal in February playing on the second line of the top contending team in the league it is not incomprehensible that it is Raymond's salary that may have to be shed in any exchange.

Actually,he is the one player that is mentioned all the time in Vancouver hockey circles,not just CDC.

Archived