#661 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:00 PM

I guess goodbye to Raymond as well?
I was hoping he would bounce back this season.
It looked like he might at the beginning of the season but same old playoffs.

That being said, he def wasn't our worst player on the ice.
Just not much to say about him.

Doesn't cost you games but doesnt bring much contribution either.

Amazing how people quote Raymond as under performing. A guy who got a lot less minutes than say burrows and played with less talent mostly on the 3rd line and only scored one point less (2) while being +/- 2 compared to Burrows +/- 1

A guy who had a lot to do with the Canucks getting to the playoffs in the first place.

Hansen 0 points and +/- 0 (and also managed to miss an open net that would have won game 3)
Higgins 0 points and +/- -2 (known also as the invisible man)
D. Sedin 3 points +/- -2 (also hit a post with virtually the whole net available in game 4)
H. Sedin 3 points +/- 0 (at least Raymond shoots at the goal )
Kesler 2 points +/- -2 (was he actually playing in game 4?........seriously)

And another thing I guarantee if you went back through all 4 games Raymond set up more shooting chances than everyone apart from probably the Sedins.

Now look at the salaries of these players and compare it to Raymonds. Look at their linemates and compare it to Raymond's, look at their minutes and compare it to Raymond's

So you see it's easy to pick on a guy like Raymond because you don't like him............but harder to back it up with fact
Kevin.jpg

#662 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

Amazing how people quote Raymond as under performing. A guy who got a lot less minutes than say burrows and played with less talent mostly on the 3rd line and only scored one point less (2) while being +/- 2 compared to Burrows +/- 1

A guy who had a lot to do with the Canucks getting to the playoffs in the first place.

Hansen 0 points and +/- 0 (and also managed to miss an open net that would have won game 3)
Higgins 0 points and +/- -2 (known also as the invisible man)
D. Sedin 3 points +/- -2 (also hit a post with virtually the whole net available in game 4)
H. Sedin 3 points +/- 0 (at least Raymond shoots at the goal )
Kesler 2 points +/- -2 (was he actually playing in game 4?........seriously)

And another thing I guarantee if you went back through all 4 games Raymond set up more shooting chances than everyone apart from probably the Sedins.

Now look at the salaries of these players and compare it to Raymonds. Look at their linemates and compare it to Raymond's, look at their minutes and compare it to Raymond's

So you see it's easy to pick on a guy like Raymond because you don't like him............but harder to back it up with fact

Would you recommend that the Canucks re-sign him?
and if so, how much? keeping in mind he's making almost 2.5m

#663 The-Impersonator

The-Impersonator

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

There is absolutely no way on God's green earth Raymond should be re-signed. I don't care if he signs for $10.00.

#664 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

Sorry I felt bad bumping this thread but I was on a roll today.
He clearly was NOT the reason the Canucks lost.
However he did not help the cause either.

I was just thinking who needs to go
and obviously coaching staff.
but Raymond also isnt worth bringing back - hence bumping this thread.

Unless you think he should be brought back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.