The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks being held back

Erik Karlsson

Babcock said: "Well, if you're their coach and you've got eight shots after two periods, you're doing something. That's what he gets paid to to do. He's a real good coach. He's trying to get his guys going, and I thought he did. I thought Luongo had to be good to keep them in the game."

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Outplayed+Canucks+steal+point/6096278/story.html#ixzz1lN3MUOM6

No I was not just talking about last game, but he should of split them up earlier and put Hodgson (Mr. Clutch) in the shootout to try and get 2.

Sometimes a new coach adds change and excitement and the canucks sort of need that this year.... look at how Pens won the cup with a new coach.

I think AV has some flaws and I think some of those flaws are holding back this team.

There was an article recently talking about AV's relationship with the players. I think it was an interview with Dan Sedin. Sedin talks about how AV does his thing but then he kinda keeps his distance from them. AV has talked about how he gives them autonomy to work out problems, but I think this is a flaw. Some players can work things out amongst themselves, but sometimes a coach needs to grab the reigns and be able to provide the appropriate advice.

I just think that our team has learned as much as they can from AV and that a new perspective could help their game evolve even more. On the other hand, I haven't seen a suitable replacement available for a few years.

"but it seems our team never plays for a full 60 and we are one of the worst teams 5 on 5, how is that possible with all the skill and speed we have?"

Get your facts straight... we are currently in 6th place for the best 5-5 goals for/against ratio.

I think AV has some flaws and I think some of those flaws are holding back this team.

There was an article recently talking about AV's relationship with the players. I think it was an interview with Dan Sedin. Sedin talks about how AV does his thing but then he kinda keeps his distance from them. AV has talked about how he gives them autonomy to work out problems, but I think this is a flaw. Some players can work things out amongst themselves, but sometimes a coach needs to grab the reigns and be able to provide the appropriate advice.

I just think that our team has learned as much as they can from AV and that a new perspective could help their game evolve even more. On the other hand, I haven't seen a suitable replacement available for a few years.

Oh, shut up man. Alain Vigneault has changed this team. We went from a meh team to a team that makes it past the first round. We went to round 2, and the SCF under AV. He knows the guys, they know him. He's got the most wins as a head coach ( in canucks history).

We beat st. louis, detroit, boston, san jose, chicago etc this year..Sure we lost one game last night, but tbh its not even the coaching thats the problem.

Its just the core players, and the mentality of the team right now. All their problems are expected considering losing in dramatic fashion last year.

can't believe that this excrement keeps popping up..... get real folks.. We have one of the best coaches around. The only other ones I would look at are Babcock or Quenneville and they are going nowhere. Tired of these posts. give it a rest and enjoy this team while our "window" is still open

AV treats men like men - nothing wrong with that. He also doesn't tolerare half-assed efforts, and doesn't pick favorites, but he is not an intolerant, ballbusting Mike Keenan type. There is only one guy on the team who needs to be 'grabbed by the reigns' and I'm not going there. The personality of the team suits AV's style. He adapted his coaching style to the type of team Gillis wanted to build. He has done a great job. The impatience here is unwarranted. Blaming AV for the SCF loss is ridiculous. Get over it - he is here to stay.

Kesler developed all on his own? Kesler thought he belonged on the first line in his first season. He had a massive ego problem. Trevor Linden was a godsend for him. Kesler should not be an assistant captain - his play warrants it, but he is a terrible diplomat and can't speak to officials - not yet anyhow. He gets credit for being the engine that drives the Canucks, but that is a massive overstatement. He needs to stop displaying his frustration with officials, put his ego in the back seat and simply play hard. When he is not playing well, his attitude gets in the way of his work ethic.

Canucks are being held back by coaching imo. AV's system he uses is getting too easy to coach against for other teams, especially when they decide to play disciplined, there goes our gameplan of winning by our power play.

How many times have we seen AV get outcoached in the playoffs? If Burr didn't score that goal last year AV wouldn't be here. Kesler also carried our team through the Nashville series.

Our team is one of the most skilled in the NHL they aren't winning because of AV. I mean if he's not going to give the best rookie of the month more ice time especially when the Sedins look dead tired and not there like last night, atleast put him in the shootout where he has been our most effective shooter, but no, not even after his breakaway goal last game.

He doesn't even run the power play Newell Brown does. His job is to get the team ready to play a full 60 mins and play good 5 on 5 hockey, but it seems our team never plays for a full 60 and we are one of the worst teams 5 on 5, how is that possible with all the skill and speed we have?

One of the worst coaches I've ever seen at changing his gameplan on the fly, I could probably do a better job. :lol:

Think about it, if the canucks got a new well respected coach, Ballard,Hodgson,Kesler and some other players will all have some more jump to their game, atleast that's how I see it.

Anyways that's my rant, I guarantee we would of made it to the finals with any coach last year if we still had Brown running the power play, hopefully Gillis can get some help at the trade deadline because obviously he won't fire AV this season.

<p>

Canucks are being held back by coaching imo. AV's system he uses is getting too easy to coach against for other teams, especially when they decide to play disciplined, there goes our gameplan of winning by our power play.

How many times have we seen AV get outcoached in the playoffs? If Burr didn't score that goal last year AV wouldn't be here. Kesler also carried our team through the Nashville series.

Our team is one of the most skilled in the NHL they aren't winning because of AV. I mean if he's not going to give the best rookie of the month more ice time especially when the Sedins look dead tired and not there like last night, atleast put him in the shootout where he has been our most effective shooter, but no, not even after his breakaway goal last game.

He doesn't even run the power play Newell Brown does. His job is to get the team ready to play a full 60 mins and play good 5 on 5 hockey, but it seems our team never plays for a full 60 and we are one of the worst teams 5 on 5, how is that possible with all the skill and speed we have?

One of the worst coaches I've ever seen at changing his gameplan on the fly, I could probably do a better job. :lol:

Think about it, if the canucks got a new well respected coach, Ballard,Hodgson,Kesler and some other players will all have some more jump to their game, atleast that's how I see it.

Anyways that's my rant, I guarantee we would of made it to the finals with any coach last year if we still had Brown running the power play, hopefully Gillis can get some help at the trade deadline because obviously he won't fire AV this season.

Archived