The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best shows no one's seen/heard of

Stefan

So I finally started watching Arrested Development after years and years of my brother telling me it's amazing.

Dunno what was stopping me... I'm hooked on it, midway through the second season.

Kind of amazed it got cancelled for Family Guy, that's gotta be the worst show ever made. Not only do they rip off The Simpsons, but they ripped off the doctor from Arrested Development.

Go figure.

Anyways, anyone else know of any gems that didn't get the respect they deserved they'd wanna share?

Oh.

Before someone's all like "everyone's heard of arrested development bur-beh durh beh doop" and throws a tantrum and completely de-rails the thread, no. 3 seasons. Got cancelled due to lack of popularity.

I would have said 'Its always sunny in philadelphia' a couple years ago but I think more and more people know of it now because of the Green men at Canucks games and word-of-mouth. Two other hilarious comedies are Workaholics (Comedy Central, IASIP-esque in comedy) and Inbetweeners (British comedy that lasted 3 seasons and a movie).

Forget the ones that "didn't get the respect they deserve" -- have you seen the ones that DID get the respect they deserve?

If you want good dramas, make your way through:

The Sopranos

Deadwood

The Wire

Six Feet Under

Twin Peaks

I've never seen Hill Street Blues or Breaking Bad, but I've heard they're great

Forget the ones that "didn't get the respect they deserve" -- have you seen the ones that DID get the respect they deserve?

If you want good dramas, make your way through:

The Sopranos

Deadwood

The Wire

Six Feet Under

Twin Peaks

I've never seen Hill Street Blues or Breaking Bad, but I've heard they're great

I'm so envious of you that you get to experience Arrested Development for the first time.

Other under-the-radar types of shows:

Life and Times of Tim

Portlandia

Flight of the Conchords

Bored to Death

Summer Heights High/ Angry Boys

Ultimate cartoon lineup back in the day on teletoon (these shows are absolutely legit)

-Clone High (If you ever enjoyed Scrubs, you'll love this show. Same humor by the same creators and almost all of the characters as voice overs)

-Undergrads

-Mission Hill

Archived