The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best shows no one's seen/heard of

Stefan

I cannot recommend Inbetweeners enough. It's a brit sitcom based on four guys in high school in between social groups. One is too stupid to be a nerd, one too dumb to a jock, another who pretends he's a total player but isn't and the last is too clueless to be part of the preps. The show is all kinds of awkward and it's amazing.

Lots of great stuff in this thread

For dramas:

Justified

Homeland

The Shield (t I feel like people have kind of forgotten about it)

Oz (It doesn't get as much love as HBO's big 3, but it's really fantastic)

Terriers

Comedy:

Summer Heights High

Flight of the Conchords

Frisky Dingo (The funniest show ever made IMO. If not the funniest, definitely the most quotable)

Community (best comedy currently on TV)

I'm surprised Summer Heights High has gotten a few recommendations, but I guess that was the aim of this thread. I only heard about it through two of my Aussie friends (naturally) and got addicted. Chris Lilley is amazing in the sense that he is able to portray each of his characters flawlessly. Sometimes, I forgot that Jonah, Mr G and Jamie were the same actor.

He's got a few other series, Angry Boys and We Can Be Heroes.

Breaking Bad, Dexter. Can't stress it enough.

I wouldn't really put it into the category of 'never heard of', but more in the category of 'heard of it and brushed it aside'.

At least, that's what I did for years.

I love coming across shows that are far into seasons......that way there no waiting time for me to watch the next one! ::D:emot-parrot:

Archived