The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best shows no one's seen/heard of

Stefan

This show hasnt been mentioned yet but I recommend watching Revolution. Storyline is great, action scenes are pretty good and I have a feeling this could go for a good 4+ seasons..

Sucks that it took a 4 month break but its finishing/resuming the first season on March 25!! I can't wait!!!

I'd also like to throw out some props to The Newsroom. It's an Aaron Sorkin series about the behind the scenes action at a cable news station, similar to CNN.

The series stars Jeff Daniels as the news anchor and also features, Sam Waterston, Jane Fonda and most importantly, Olivia Munn. B)

It's a comedy-drama, with episodes centered around real world events, such as the civil unrest in Egypt. the BP oil spill in the Gulf and the Bin Laden assassination. Sorkin uses the interplay between Daniels' character Will McAvoy and Producer Mackenzie McHale (Emily Mortimer) who were formerly an item, with often hilarious results.

The series is between seasons right now, but Sorkin is on record promising an upcoming season two. I highly recommend checking it out.

There's a reality comedy on CBC called HNiC. I think it's a parody of TSN, Sportsnet, etc.... It's hilarious.

One regular skit they have is this crazy guy in a wacky suit who just rambles on and on. I think his name is Don Chessy (sic) or something like that. I'm not sure if he's all there or not but it's pretty funny.

They have this other skit, I think it's called Rocketship Microwave or something like that. Four guys sit around a desk pretending to be news reporters.

Anyways if you're in the mood to laugh, check it out.

Archived