The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best shows no one's seen/heard of

Stefan

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but the US version of Shameless is really quite good. I've tried watching the UK version, but just like the Office I'm unable to understand a lot of it because of the damn accent (believe it or not, British accents can become quite undecipherable). If you haven't watched it, it's really messed up, quite funny, and unbelievably good. William H. Macy at his best, I think.

shameless-us.jpg

For all you married men out their there is a show that only had 2 or 3 seasons called The Mind of a Married Man. I don't even know any of the actors names, it is from maybe ten years ago I'm guessing, but I just remember it being freakin hilarious. If you can find it, or download it or something I highly recommend it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone watched the show Perception - a TNT crime drama starring Canadian actor Eric McCormack (Will of Will and Grace)? Very interesting trying to figure what is real and what is not.

In Perception, Eric McCormack plays Dr. Daniel Pierce, an eccentric neuroscience professor with paranoid schizophrenia who is recruited by the FBI to help solve complex cases. Pierce has an intimate knowledge of human behavior and a masterful understanding of the way the mind works. He also has an uncanny ability to see patterns and look past people's conscious emotions to see what lies beneath.

Pierce's mind may be brilliant, but it's also damaged. He struggles with hallucinations and paranoid delusions brought on by his schizophrenia. Oddly, Daniel considers some of his hallucinations to be a gift. They occasionally allow him to make connections that his conscious mind can’t yet process. At other times, the hallucinations become Daniel's greatest curse, leading him to behave in irrational, potentially dangerous ways.

Daniel's mental condition and offbeat manner make it difficult for him to achieve the close friendships and intimate relationships he craves. He’s in his element when solving an intricate puzzle or a coded message. But in unfamiliar situations, he can quickly become overwhelmed, and only his favorite music and a crossword puzzle have the power to make things right again.

Rachael Leigh Cook co-stars as FBI agent Kate Moretti, Pierce’s former student who asks him to consult on certain cases. Unlike her colleagues, Kate is willing to look past Daniel's peculiarities. Also in Daniel's life is Max Lewicki (Arjay Smith), who serves as his teaching assistant. His primary job is to keep Pierce in line and on task, whether that means grading midterms or laying out Pierce's wardrobe for the day. And Natalie Vincent (Kelly Rowan) is Daniel's best friend and every bit his intellectual equal. In addition, award-winning actor LeVar Burton (Roots, Star Trek: The Next Generation) will play a recurring role as Paul Haley, a dean at the university and Pierce’s friend.

• 2 weeks later...

Bob's Burgers.

Not sure if this show is unheard of since it has a prime time slot but its a hilarious cartoon. Has that classic Simpsons humor, non of that random stuff that Family Guy does.

Also, SPARTACUS!

Amazing show with awesome action/kill scenes. Series finale was yesterday but man, what a show! If you haven't yet seen it, definitely watch this one. My favorite show right after Breaking Bad.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Bob's Burgers.

Not sure if this show is unheard of since it has a prime time slot but its a hilarious cartoon. Has that classic Simpsons humor, non of that random stuff that Family Guy does.

Also, SPARTACUS!

Amazing show with awesome action/kill scenes. Series finale was yesterday but man, what a show! If you haven't yet seen it, definitely watch this one. My favorite show right after Breaking Bad.

Archived