The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why is Hodgson on the 4th line?

JensenFan2011

Every prospect that struggles at winning faceoffs you mean. That doesn't make it right however, I wouldn't mind seeing Schroeder tried on the wing instead of taking draws, although that would mean a stint in the AHL to get used to the new position. Schroeder needs time to perfect his game to be a top 6 player. He isn't there yet. AV is actually doing him a favour by not putting him in a position to fail (unlike other players who will remain unmentioned).

Having read enough of your posts to have the sense you're a rational thinker, I find it surprising that even you would persist in repeating rhetoric as if it were proven fact. It's normally only blind sheep who aren't inclined (or able, of course) to think for themselves who imagine that a thing is fact merely because it's repeated oft enough.

So you're saying that what I wrote was a baaaaa-d thing? Ewe believe that someone has pulled the the wool over my eyes?

I do think Hodgson wanted out of Vancouver.

I don't see this as him being a selfish jerk but merely him recognizing that his best possible future lay with another team, where he could play top-6 minutes, something he was likely not going to see here for a goodly number of years. To my mind, Hodgson's situation wasn't all that different from Jordan Staal's when he was with Pittsburgh. I believe it is pretty much common knowledge that Staal wanted top-6 minutes but what chance did he have for that with Crosby and Malkin being around? He expressed his concerns and aspirations to the Penguins management and he got his wish to be moved.

If Hodgson hadn't been traded when he was, I do believe he would have leapt the fence at his earliest opportunity. Once again, I don't see this as being ego-driven in a negative way (as in "I deserve better"). It is just business.

regards,

G.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived