The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why is Hodgson on the 4th line?

JensenFan2011

Cody's got great offensive instincts and one helluva shot...Unfortunately,he's a defensive liabilty...For every great goal and pass,its usually pre-empted,or followed by a turnover,or a blown defensive coverage.(against Calgary last night,he scored a goal,and was the goat on Calgarys second goal)

That's why he sits....he;s still learning.

Cody's got great offensive instincts and one helluva shot...Unfortunately,he's a defensive liabilty...For every great goal and pass,its usually pre-empted,or followed by a turnover,or a blown defensive coverage.(against Calgary last night,he scored a goal,and was the goat on Calgarys second goal)

That's why he sits....he;s still learning.

"dont agree with you, i think he has been solid at both ends of the ice. Cody is a plus 8 where as someone like Malholtra is minus 10. "

You know that Manny starts the vast majority of his shifts in his own end taking defensive face-off,advances the puck and gets off the ice as is asked of him by the coach,right?

You realize this would lead to very few "plus" points as he is off the ice by the time the puck goes in the opposition net?

"dont agree with you, i think he has been solid at both ends of the ice. Cody is a plus 8 where as someone like Malholtra is minus 10. "

You know that Manny starts the vast majority of his shifts in his own end taking defensive face-off,advances the puck and gets off the ice as is asked of him by the coach,right?

You realize this would lead to very few "plus" points as he is off the ice by the time the puck goes in the opposition net?

Seeing how he can score a goal playing with duco and lappy imagine what he can do with more offensive players. AV is really pissing me off with CoHo recent linemates. Sure hes on a slump but hes playing with pluggers wont help.

Anyone else agree that Coho needs better linemates and AV isnt using this rook properly.

Just my opinion since i really like this kid and want him to develop right.

He's earning his stripes.......he's got a lot of players ahead of him who have proven a lot more and paid their dues. Why do so many people want this kid to have everything handed to him on a silver platter? I'm sure Cody understands his role on this team........you should too.

Beating a dead horse, I know... but honestly, how far will it go? This is getting totally ridiculous. Cody's entire career with the Canucks has been held back by this guy. It's really obvious that Cody is the only player who feels like showing up against bottom-feeder teams... but no, don't bother giving him ice-time. I'm pretty sure he's only had a small handful of shifts in OT throughout the season, and we've gone past regulation A LOT this season.

This is getting really old really fast. I have no idea how Gillis can stand by and watch this, especially while players that Hodgson -- very convincingly and consistently -- outplays get more ice time than him (cough raymond cough).

I'm getting tired of this business as usual approach that has taken over this team... it's like it's a bloody union -- as if seniority has ANYTHING to do with your ice-time. Totally brutal.

Never mind Sulzer never getting any games. He's arguably better than Rome, and he should not be riding the pine and rusting away. Keep him in game form FFS...

Again, sorry for the mulched horse, but I couldn't help it...

[/rant]

....afterthought: I forgot to mention the 4th line plugs that he's managing to make look good...

Yup, Malhotra on the 3rd instead. He's been playing MUCH better... totally deserves that ice-time.

Ah yes, why aren't you coach?

AV isn't trying to ruin Hodgson's career. If he was trying to ruin Hodgson's career, he'd do what they did to Brule in Columbus - playing him way too much, way too early. You seem to think that more playing time = better development, but the complete opposite can happen. That is why people with experience are running the hockey team, not knee-jerk fans.

Archived