The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why is Hodgson on the 4th line?

JensenFan2011

At a professional level hodgson has not exactly played a ton of games.

in 2010-2011 hodgson played a grand total of 64 games (52 in AHL, 12 with canucks in playoffs)

in 2009-2010 hodgson played a grand total of 24 games (regular and playoff with brampton in OHL)

in 2008-2009 11 games (+21 playoff games and 53 regular season along with 6 WJC)

Last year in the canucks deep playoff run they played a grand total of 107 games.

did you ever think maybe they are making sure he is healthy and ready to make an impact in the playoffs when the games start to matter?

in 2010-2011 hodgson played a grand total of 64 games (52 in AHL, 12 with canucks in playoffs)

in 2009-2010 hodgson played a grand total of 24 games (regular and playoff with brampton in OHL)

in 2008-2009 11 games (+21 playoff games and 53 regular season along with 6 WJC)

Last year in the canucks deep playoff run they played a grand total of 107 games.

did you ever think maybe they are making sure he is healthy and ready to make an impact in the playoffs when the games start to matter?

"dont agree with you, i think he has been solid at both ends of the ice. Cody is a plus 8 where as someone like Malholtra is minus 10. "

You know that Manny starts  the vast majority of his shifts in his own end taking defensive face-off,advances the puck and gets off the ice  as is asked of him by the coach,right?

You realize this would lead to very few "plus" points as he is off the ice by the time the puck goes in the opposition net?

Seeing how he can score a goal playing with duco and lappy imagine what he can do with more offensive players. AV is really pissing me off with CoHo recent linemates. Sure hes on a slump but hes playing with pluggers wont help.

Anyone else agree that Coho needs better linemates and AV isnt using this rook properly.

Just my opinion since i really like this kid and want him to develop right.

He doesn't play Coho because that would be really unfair for the opposition. AV has feelings too ya know! I mean Calgary doesnt even have a top line center, and our third line center hodgson is someone Calgary would kill for. Vigneault simply felt bad for the flames, that's why he didnt elect for Coho to shoot in the SO. It's ok, in the playoffs, Coho will play a lot.

Beating a dead horse, I know... but honestly, how far up will it go? This is getting totally ridiculous. Cody's entire career with the Canucks has been held back by this guy. It's really obvious that Cody is the only player who feels like showing up against bottom-feeder teams... but no, don't bother giving him ice-time. I'm pretty sure he's only had a small handful of shifts in OT throughout the season, and we've gone past regulation A LOT this season.

This is getting really old really fast. I have no idea how Gillis can stand by and watch this, especially while players that Hodgson -- very convincingly and consistently -- outplays get more ice time than him (cough raymond cough).

I'm getting tired of this business as usual approach that has taken over this team... it's like it's a bloody union -- as if seniority has ANYTHING to do with your ice-time. Totally brutal.

Never mind Sulzer never getting any games. He's arguably better than Rome, and he should not be riding the pine and rusting away. Keep him in game form FFS...

Again, sorry for the mulched horse, but I couldn't help it...

[/rant]

....afterthought: I forgot to mention the 4th line plugs that he's managing to make look good...

Yup, Malhotra on the 3rd instead. He's been playing MUCH better... totally deserves that ice-time.

Seeing how he can score a goal playing with duco and lappy imagine what he can do with more offensive players. AV is really pissing me off with CoHo recent linemates. Sure hes on a slump but hes playing with pluggers wont help.

Anyone else agree that Coho needs better linemates and AV isnt using this rook properly.

Just my opinion since i really like this kid and want him to develop right.

Maybe he's playing with Lappy etc to HELP them out??.. Just because someone is put on what you consider a lesser line doesn't mean its a demotion. I think they are doing just fine in his development. See how good he is??.. see how well he's playing??.. the points he has, the whole package??... thats because of the way they are handling him... get over it. They are doing whats best for him AND the team.

And maybe, just maybe, they are trying to get Manny GOING... he certainly hasnt been playing that well this year and maybe he can get some confidence playing on the "third" line...

CoHo has had some suspect defensive breakdowns (Horak goal last night v Flames), so it would seem that his time is being managed as a result of his play being managed.

That being said, he is progressing well and will be a great player in the NHL.

He is the least of the Canucks' worries right now, though.

PS Raymond could be earning ice time related to showcasing him to other teams. This is a business still.

Archived