The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why is Hodgson on the 4th line?

JensenFan2011

Ah yes, why aren't you coach? AV isn't trying to ruin Hodgson's career. If he was trying to ruin Hodgson's career, he'd do what they did to Brule in Columbus - playing him way too much, way too early. You seem to think that more playing time = better development, but the complete opposite can happen. That is why people with experience are running the hockey team, not knee-jerk fans.

I think the coaching staff is developing COHO really well.

I sure dont want him to play on the second line against the opposing team's best

I sure dont want to play him on the first line agianst the oppsing team's best checkers.

I think putting COHO on the 4th line can really help Lappy. And putting Manny on the third line can give him a confidence boost.

He's earning his stripes.......he's got a lot of players ahead of him who have proven a lot more and paid their dues. Why do so many people want this kid to have everything handed to him on a silver platter? I'm sure Cody understands his role on this team........you should too.

I don't see how playing Raymond on the second line is any better than Cody on the RW of Kes. Raymond is a flash in the pan, would love to see him traded out of here. When Higgins is healthy, he's a 3rd liner that doesn't fit the 3rd line role. Trade him for some grit and heart.

They should be playing him more against "weaker" opponents and especially now while the games are pretty much meaningless (Canucks will be judged only on the post-season). No point riding the twins or Kesler and having them more susceptible to injuries.

Better to have Hodgson get some more top-6 minutes and getting used to it than say during the playoffs and (knock on wood) Henrik or Kesler gets injured, thus he's forced into that position unexpectedly.

For those saying, "OMG.... he might end up like Brule!".... Stamkos, Duchene, Seguin, Evander Kane, Patrick Kane, Hall, Kopitar, etc, all did fine in their rookie season playing on the top-6.

Archived