Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockeyville88

Canucks players visit paralyzed Minnesota teenager

63 posts in this topic

classy by the boys, but wow i had no idea that a girl was paralyzed as well although from reading it looks like her prognosis is a bit better.

"In 2008, Jenna Privette, then an eighth-grader, suffered a hockey-related injury that left her paralyzed. Penny Privette said her daughter regained use of her upper body and limbs in stages over a period of about 1-1/2 weeks."

and now shes injured again, im surprised they let her play hockey again after an injury like that. Kind of sad that she gets no media support outside of minnesota that i could find.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_19920629 (article on jenna for anyone that wants it)

classy by the boys, but wow i had no idea that a girl was paralyzed as well although from reading it looks like her prognosis is a bit better.

"In 2008, Jenna Privette, then an eighth-grader, suffered a hockey-related injury that left her paralyzed. Penny Privette said her daughter regained use of her upper body and limbs in stages over a period of about 1-1/2 weeks."

and now shes injured again, im surprised they let her play hockey again after an injury like that. Kind of sad that she gets no media support outside of minnesota that i could find.

http://www.twincitie...rts/ci_19920629 (article on jenna for anyone that wants it)

Cheers thanks for the link

I didn't realize that she'd suffered a similar injury in 08. Scary stuff.

Wishing both teens all the best in their recoveries.

If ever there was inspiration to play hard, playing for those who can't surely is. I'm sure the boys left with the reminder that playing the game they love is a gift and to appreciate every moment of it. To see a kid who's handling it so well also likely puts it all in perspective...

Hope both of these players do well in recovery - so sad when young people are stripped of their ability to enjoy the things they love. Glad to see that the remarkable technology we have today still allows for video gaming in this situation - pretty amazing.

Oops, another post, lol. If any thread deserves it though it's this one. Great story, thanks for the post.

awsome story! I don't care what anybody says, The Vancouver Canucks organization are a damn classy organization with some classy players. Enough said.

<p>

Amazing how, even with a sore ankle, Henrik still managed to go visit the kid.

http://www.faceoff.c...9351/story.html

Jablonski tweeted this:

Jenna Privette, a female hockey player from Minnesota, also suffered the same injury and is also paralyzed. The media hasn't reported her story at all. Everyone seems transfixed on Jablonski's so Privette hasn't gotten the same support. Wish someone would report her story too. I'm sure the Canucks would have loved to stop by and lend her some support.

At any rate, great to see that the team gives back to the community not only in Vancouver but wherever they go.

It's acts like this that make me wonder how we got the title of "most hated team."

We have some amazing class acts on this team. Great job boys!

Amazing how, even with a sore ankle, Henrik still managed to go visit the kid.

http://www.faceoff.c...9351/story.html

Jablonski tweeted this:

Jenna Privette, a female hockey player from Minnesota, also suffered the same injury and is also paralyzed. The media hasn't reported her story at all. Everyone seems transfixed on Jablonski's so Privette hasn't gotten the same support. Wish someone would report her story too. I'm sure the Canucks would have loved to stop by and lend her some support.

At any rate, great to see that the team gives back to the community not only in Vancouver but wherever they go.

Well done Alberts and Co.! I'm sure that it works both ways - Hank probably drew some inspiration from the visit as well.

Warmed my cold, classless Canuck heart. Very inspiring to see Jablonski be so positive after what he has been through - I cannot imagine being in his situation, just ..wow ..

Canucks <3

Good job,guys.

Who says grateful and privileged cannot meet one another for the bigger picture?

Its funny how reading an article like that can really put your life into perspective. it really makes you feel silly for some of the things that get you stressed. good on Alberts and the canucks. I hope Jablonski continues getting stronger and keeps inspiring others, like he has just inspired me.