Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CanuckRow

Breaking News: Press Conference Scheduled in Seattle to Announce Arena Deal

198 posts in this topic

"Canucks get a new rivalry with a new team..... Lose to them in the WCF" #BadLuckBrian :P

May be potentially devastating for the Canucks, as we used to have fans from the state of Washington. If Seattle fans start paying for their own hometown teams, our sales will decline. Oh no.....:(

People from Seattle are sometimes referred to as Seattleites.

the-more-you-know-300x198.gif

Someone in Portland says that Paul Allen will in no way get involved with the NHL, is this true? The Jail Blazers could be for the taking, no Roy, and having to start over again. Fan wise, that is. Imagine, Portland, Seattle and Vancouver in the same division, just like the old WHL.

By the way , what would happen to the Seattle Thunderbirds if Seattle was to have an NHL team

Would they keep them there or simply move them to some other city ?

How many Canuck fans would jump ship to a team where they could get game tix for half the price???

By the way , what would happen to the Seattle Thunderbirds if Seattle was to have an NHL team

Would they keep them there or simply move them to some other city ?

the thunderbirds play in kent. they would be unaffected by a seattle NHL team. if anything it may grow interest in the sport as a whole and increase their fan base.

May be potentially devastating for the Canucks, as we used to have fans from the state of Washington. If Seattle fans start paying for their own hometown teams, our sales will decline. Oh no..... :(

what are your thoughts about that ? Will the T-birds still survive in Seattle or will they be moved ? Will the Everett Silvertips be the survivors ?

Hey! I live in Seattle, I've been to some Canucks games, and I've been a fan since I was 3 years old... I will stay a Canuck! You should see my room. Blue and Green baby! I even went on a school night to see the Canucks beat the Hawks 2-1 in OT, Game 7.

King County Council advances Seattle arena plan

Posted on July 24, 2012

SEATTLE (AP) — The plans for a new arena that could bring the NBA back to Seattle has taken another step forward with the King County Council possibly taking a vote on the proposal as early as next week.

The council announced Monday it was moving the memorandum of understanding between investor Chris Hansen and the county out of committee and for a possible full council vote on July 30. Both the county council and the Seattle City Council must approve it.

Hansen has proposed a $490 million facility with $290 million in private investment, and the remaining $200 million bonded by the city and county and paid off through arena-generated taxes and revenues over the next 30 years. The amount being bonded is less on the county, and it was initially believed the county wouldn't vote until after the city took action on the proposal. The city council hasn't announced a timeline for a possible vote.

Good for Seattle! Hopefully they can get a NBA team back in town and possibly an NHL team!!

i'm hoping the arena gets approved and starts building in time for them to grab the yotes.

I hope the get a NHL team and maybe the yotes are in play, but more likely it's gonna be the Sacramento Kings not getting a deal done and moving on...if seattle does get a hockey team I want them to be the Seattle Silly Sailors

The way things are moving in such a slugs pace in Phoenix they might be able to get it built just in time.

If this is passed through all the proper chanels its still going to be closer to 2 1/2 years before completion. Is the NHL going to pay the freight in Phoenix that far?Jamison isn't going to attract enough suckers, er investors to get in with him. Then either Quebec City or Seattle should have everything in place. I see an NBA franchise in Seattle first, and an NHL franchise in QC before Seattle. Hopefully its one of the Florida teams or Columbus that will be relocated.

18 teams that don't make a dime, isn't rocket science, but at least they stand a chance in Seattle or Quebec City.

I am not going to get my hopes up just yet, but this is a really exciting development.

Expansion in Seattle + Quebec for 2015 would be the smartest decision from a league revenue position.

Phoenix should be moving to Portland in my opinion.