The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who is @slavy_72 and @strombone1?

flapjacks

Sorry to wreck everyone's hope of a new Canuck on twitter, but Herb Bagel (Slavy_72 on twitter) is not a Canuck and is not even in the Canucks organization. His name is Mark Slavin and has been buddy buddies with a number of the Canucks over the years. He always seems to have one Canuck as a best buddy, and that has changed from Linden to Ohlund to now Bieksa. He used to play a lot of golf and was / is a member at Richmond CC. He has been a rep for a few hockey equipment companies and other clothing companies. Now I guess this thread can continue on with the @strombone1 chat.

EDIT - And I am thinking 'Slavs' chose 72 because he has the same name as an Olympic wrestler that was murdered at the 1972 Olympics.

The boys at PITB are on the case.

http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2012/02/23/who-the-heck-is-herb-bagel-is-roberto-luongo-on-twitter-pitb-investigates/#comment-17917

They say it is an equipment rep, not a team member as well... and I suspect they are close enough to have the inside track on this. I bet they know exactly who it is, but aren't going to out the guy publicly. Especially since this story is creating a buzz and drawing traffic to their blog.

For a while.. I definitely thought slavy was Katie bieksa when I first saw the account because no one on the team this year would be so open with being that friendly to two young good looking women who work at Cactus Club, so either it's a female (which would make sense because then its actually friend talk and not blatant hitting on them) or its a very single guy who does not play on the team. A rep or the man mentioned earlier makes sense

I was looking at their posted photos yesterday and I think it's Edler. Theres a picture of Edler at a bar there, and he also tweeted a picture of a new Easton helmet near the start of the year (the same model he switched to this season).

Gotta be Eddy

Archived