The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who is @slavy_72 and @strombone1?

flapjacks

Eagle is Edler. Canucks.com confirmed it this week on Behind the Lens.

Both Strombone and Slavy are followed by Bieksas brother Marty and sister in law, Kelly.

Marty follows this fake Luongo account (@1RobertoLuongo), so if Strombone was Lu's account - he wouldn't follow this fake one. Also, people generally tweet like they talk. In any Lu interview, he doesn't talk like that. Also, both of these accounts tweet w/ good English, so there 1st language is def. English. By the tweets he also sounds single.

Slavy has tweeted during Canucks games, can't be a player.

Ballard has a twitter account @Keith_Ballard4 (Juice and other confirmed accounts follow him). He doesn't tweet, and he locked access to it after a few weeks.

I'm not a stalker. I swear.

EDIT: James Duthie and Grabner also follow Strombone. How does Duthie know who he is? Odd.

Both Strombone and Slavy are followed by Bieksas brother Marty and sister in law, Kelly.

Marty follows this fake Luongo account (@1RobertoLuongo), so if Strombone was Lu's account - he wouldn't follow this fake one. Also, people generally tweet like they talk. In any Lu interview, he doesn't talk like that. Also, both of these accounts tweet w/ good English, so there 1st language is def. English. By the tweets he also sounds single.

Ballard has a twitter account @Keith_Ballard4 (Juice and other confirmed accounts follow him). He doesn't tweet, and he locked access to it after a few weeks.

Sorry to wreck everyone's hope of a new Canuck on twitter, but Herb Bagel (Slavy_72 on twitter) is not a Canuck and is not even in the Canucks organization. His name is Mark Slavin and has been buddy buddies with a number of the Canucks over the years. He always seems to have one Canuck as a best buddy, and that has changed from Linden to Ohlund to now Bieksa. He used to play a lot of golf and was / is a member at Richmond CC. He has been a rep for a few hockey equipment companies and other clothing companies. Now I guess this thread can continue on with the @strombone1 chat.

EDIT - And I am thinking 'Slavs' chose 72 because he has the same name as an Olympic wrestler that was murdered at the 1972 Olympics.

Archived