The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour/Report/Speculation] The Official Rick Nash Thread (Keep it all here please)

With the NHL trade deadline less than 48 hours away, Rick Nash's agent has broken his silence on his client's trade situation.

"We're hopeful a deal can get done prior to the trade deadline that is fair and equitable for the Blue Jackets," Joe Resnick told TSN. "However, if a deal is not reached, then the list of acceptable teams will not change at a later date."

Nash, the highly sought after gem heading into Monday's trade deadline, has a no-movement clause in his contract. He helped any potential deal proceed by giving the Blue Jackets a list of teams he'd be willing to look at.

The Blue Jackets may decide to keep Nash until the summer, hoping to sweeten any potential deal. The 27-year-old is under contract with the Blue Jackets until 2018.

In 61 games this season, the Blue Jackets captain has 20 goals and 22 assists.

That is an interesting point. It really depends on what happens in the playoffs. If indeed we NEED Nash next season, which I doubt, then I wouldn't be surprised if MG went after Rick Nash. Cory Schneider would obviously be a key piece in the deal and he is more likely to be traded at the draft or in the offseason. But dont forget that we also have to re-sign some of our key players.

Some rumblings in Columbus today... Setting up for a large press conference. Mark Spector speculating today that some big name news to arrive shortly out of Columbus...

Toronto, NY LA or ?? Florida ?!? Where did Florida come from, out of left field? I suppose they have the cap space and assets?

What happens if we do that at the draft and then flip nash at the draft shortly after acquiring him to Nashville for Weber, just like the detroit tampa and colorado situation a few days ago.... I LIKE THAT IDEA :D

I wouldn't even want to trade Hodgson for Nash straight up. Hodgson is going to be THE GUY in the future for us and Nash's cap hit is WAY TOO high. Nash's salary would get rid of our depth, his salary is equal to like 3-4 players in our top 9.

I don't see it, as they 'd have to take salary back from us. I'd think it more likely that we go after their 1st otherwise we'd have to find ways to make room for Nash in the coming years.

Now that they have Johnson, lets just throw out Schneider, Raymond and Ballard for Johnson and their 1st before draft day.

Archived