The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour/Report/Speculation] The Official Rick Nash Thread (Keep it all here please)

Eklund said something interesting.

If Colombus decided to keep Nash untill the Draft, thats a big if, Canucks would be front runners.

If we did trade for Nash, obviously Cory Schneider would go to Colombus. I would be much more comfortable giving up Cory for Nash after the playoffs.

Im not really even sold on Nash being a Canuck with his salary, but if we were to get him starting next season does that make him more realistic to trade for?

Here is the Link, the stuff about Nash is at the bottom.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/What-Desperate-Times-Mean-for-LA-Toronto-Wash-Buffalo-and-Columbus/1/42480

Sounds like Nash's agent is trying to push the trade before the deadline according to Mackenzie's Twitter

Rick Nash's agent Joe Resnick has broken his silence on client's trade situation. Told TSN the following:

“We’re hopeful a deal can get done prior to the trade deadline that is fair and equitable for the Blue Jackets...

However, if a deal is not reached, then the list of acceptable teams will not change at a later date.” #TradeCentre #tsn

With Ballard on LTI it would be easier to make it work, in terms of cap.  If they could make the cap work to bring in Nash and then perhaps trade Raymond for Bryan Allen, I'd say go for it, but I know it would be difficult. However, I would agree, don't give up Hodgson, so Schneider, Schroeder, Tanev, 1st and I'd say go for it. Or, if they want Raymond, then find another way to get Allen.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=388850

With the NHL trade deadline less than 48 hours away, Rick Nash's agent has broken his silence on his client's trade situation.

"We're hopeful a deal can get done prior to the trade deadline that is fair and equitable for the Blue Jackets," Joe Resnick told TSN. "However, if a deal is not reached, then the list of acceptable teams will not change at a later date."

Nash, the highly sought after gem heading into Monday's trade deadline, has a no-movement clause in his contract. He helped any potential deal proceed by giving the Blue Jackets a list of teams he'd be willing to look at.

The Blue Jackets may decide to keep Nash until the summer, hoping to sweeten any potential deal. The 27-year-old is under contract with the Blue Jackets until 2018.

In 61 games this season, the Blue Jackets captain has 20 goals and 22 assists.

This may put pressure (on the teams that he will acept a deal to)to try to give a homer offer now. At the same respect, Columbus may be more inclined to make a deal knowing that the assets they will get in the summer may not be that much different as realistically he will only go to an X number of teams

Not sure I like this, or if its legit.

http://thehockeybeat.com/2012/02/blue-jackets-have-acceptable-offer-for-nash/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheHockeyBeat+%28The+Hockey+Beat%29

It does indeed sound like we have stirred the pot, and CBJ is kicking the tires back with NYR and TOR. Perhaps we are just stirring the pot and our real target lies elsewhere, perhaps just a strategic move. Guess we will find out eventually.

Archived