The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour/Report/Speculation] The Official Rick Nash Thread (Keep it all here please)

It was always a very remote possibility... the rumblings being that MANY GMs got on the phone asking about Brown when word got out he was available.

We would have had to overpay to get him if indeed he was available...

Now the optics would be really bad in LA if they moved him, imagine if Carter didn't perform right away and you just ditched your captain who scored 4 points in the last game he played?

Xm Home Ice is reporting the Predators have a deal on the table of Ellis,Wilson, Laakso, and a #1 for Nash. Nash's agent meanwhile has said he wouldn't expand the list of teams...however, ARE we sure Nashville isn't on his list. This reminds me so much of the Forsberg trade. No one thought Nashville was on his list either (well except me...)

This per Eklund.

If I am Columbus, I STRONGLY CONSIDER this offer (assuming Nashville is on his trade list). I love Colin Wilson, kid is going to be a stud and Ellis seems destined that way as well.

Xm Home Ice is reporting the Predators have a deal on the table of Ellis,Wilson, Laakso, and a #1 for Nash. Nash's agent meanwhile has said he wouldn't expand the list of teams...however, ARE we sure Nashville isn't on his list. This reminds me so much of the Forsberg trade. No one thought Nashville was on his list either (well except me...)

This per Eklund.

If I am Columbus, I STRONGLY CONSIDER this offer (assuming Nashville is on his trade list). I love Colin Wilson, kid is going to be a stud and Ellis seems destined that way as well.

Laakso is a not a very promising prospect. Equivelant to a Sweatt level prospect.

Wilson would be the centerpiece to that trade. Equivelant to us giving up Hodgson.

And Ellis is still a question mark as to whether or not he can adapt to the NHL. IMO he overachieved in the OHL by being on a stacked Spitfires team. Shouldn't have gone as high as he did IMO.

I still think we could offer more if we wanted to, if you assume that they want a goaltender.

Oh, I didn't know that 22 games defined a career. Sorry.

Erik Karlsson is 21 years old and he is a point a game player. That's about as explosive of a powerplay quarterback that you can get.

There's still question marks whether you think so or not. Lets see what he can do against a hulking St.Louis or San Jose team in a 7 game series. Lots of players have been good powerplay quarterbacks in their careers.

And it doesn't hurt that Nashville has the best PP in the league. Sorry just not sold on him yet.

Poeple need to stop speculating nash being traded to the canucks will not happen and dont want it to happen, now im not saying hes not talented and wouldnt make the canucks better but canucks dont have the cap and now obviously they can make room magically but why give up our future by winning the cup for one year when with the team we have and the future in the young players we have could get us more then just one cup, I dont really understand why we would want to trade schnieder anyways he will be a top goalie in another couple seasons, making this trade just does not make sence to me anyways

^^^^^ I would consider it. Its a "roll the dice" move. I would think that the chances of the Canucks winning the Cup would be skyhigh, and Vancouver hasn't won a Cup in forty plus Years. The only issue is this will hamper Our ability to resign Players like Alex Edler, Alex Burrows, and even the Sedins.

Rick Nash

The Columbus Blue Jackets may have finally been wowed by an offer for their soon-to-leave Rick Nash by the Nashville Predators, as they try to swoop in and nab one of the league's most prolific scorers.

"Source believes the Nashville Predators have made the greatest offer for Rick Nash. Ultimately, it is up to Nash if he will waive his NMC." via (@HockeyBreak)

The Preds have reportedly offered the likes of Colin Wilson, Ryan Ellis, Teemu Laakso and a first-round pick for Nash.

While Nashville has rarely been publicly in the sweepstakes for the Blue Jackets captain, it may be the best offer they receive before the trade deadline. Wilson is a budding offensive weapon and would help replace Nash, while Ellis is one of the league's premier young defenders.

The Predators are unlikely on Nash's wishlist, but he has to consider them given the playoff atmosphere and direction the program is heading. Plus, such a move could nearly seal star blue-liners Shea Weber and Ryan Suter's future with the team as they look for goal scoring to help them get a Stanley Cup.

The Predators would give Nash the ability to be the option on a balanced offensive attack that doesn't feature any stars. He could go out and get his 65 to 70 points per season while making Nashville a four-headed monster with himself, Suter, Weber, and Vezina trophy finalist Pekka Rinne.

This deal would be big for both Nash and the Predators while setting up a perennial Cup contender in Music City for years to come.

Now it's time for the Blue Jackets to decide if it's big enough for them.

Go Canucks Go :canucks:

Cheers :canucks:

If Van was in on Nash (Big if) expect Booth to be a part of the package.

Booth has his ice time cut by 3.5 mins per game in the days leading up to the deadline, and his cap hit would give Van some space to fit Nash's 7.8 M.

Again big if, but if it did happen I believe Booth would a part of the package.

Archived