The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour/Report/Speculation] The Official Rick Nash Thread (Keep it all here please)

Since your batting average on being right is running around 0% I can see why you would be upset with people bringing up the past.

If you had ever been right about anything in ANY of your 21k posts... you could try it too! Maybe one day it will happen.

I actually think it is quite entertaining for folks to have to put their money where their mouths are, lots of folks talk a lot of smack here and then conveniently disappear when history proves they have been talking out their rears.

When Liberace thinks its too much, you know you have gone way way too far. Sorry lol had to say it.

Why is it risky? If anything he has shown that regardless how good or bad his team is he can consistently pot 30. If you were willing to trade for him in the first place, there would be little to no risk involved seeing as you know what you are getting back in return.

Actually we made the finals because Luongo had a really strong playoffs. Defense was good, but Luongo had a bigger hand in us making it as far as we did.

We need offense. This team has scored 12 goals in their past 10 playoff games. I don't know why you think offense isn't a major problem with this team.

This team doesn't need more dirty players that don't answer the bell afterwards as the league seems to be growing weary of these types of cheap shot artists, aka the pest that can score. At least Kassian would fight when he was running roughshod over the OHL and now that he's trying to acclimate to a man's league he isn't taking dirty runs at guys (likely to change once he feels strong enough to play that way at this level).

I also doubt that Brown was ever truly on the table (I'm thinkin' that Ron Hextall came up with this motivational technique) and I further doubt Lombardi had any interest in Hodgson when he already has a rock solid core of centres.

I have no idea whether he would have ever been traded for Hodgson... but Mackenzie was certainly adament that Brown was on the block.

The comment is more directed at folks who said they would never have made the deal in a million years.

I think it is hard to argue that Brown hasn't been an extremely effective figure for the Kings. As to the comment that the league is getting sick of these guys, I have seen no sign of it... all I see is that these guys are allowed to do more and more, and the skill guys are the ones who aren't in fashion anymore.

Actually we made the finals because Luongo had a really strong playoffs. Defense was good, but Luongo had a bigger hand in us making it as far as we did.

We need offense. This team has scored 12 goals in their past 10 playoff games. I don't know why you think offense isn't a major problem with this team.

Archived