The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour/Report/Speculation] The Official Rick Nash Thread (Keep it all here please)

What Columbus wants :

Is what The Thrashers got in return for Hossa/ Kovlachuk. Which was like a 1st round pick, very high prospect, a well establashed roster player, and another younger player.

What OTHER teams believe he is worth

What ottawa got in return for Heatly. 2nd round pick and 2 roster players. Do to attitude situations, not much teams interested, but Nash needs to expand the teams he wants to play for. It's being stupid right now, he only has like 6 teams on the list probably? Maybe 3 is really interested in him probably, nothing is going to be done. They are screwed. Their demands are too high, and his contact is insane.

Well, Sportsnet said the asking price is a 1st rounder, a 2nd rounder, a top prospect (Niklas Jensen in our case) and a roster top-six forward.

It is therefore hypothetically plausible that an offer of Schneider, Raymond, Jensen, 1st & 2nd round picks would land Rick Nash but I doubt Gillis would bite at that cost.

Well, Sportsnet said the asking price is a 1st rounder, a 2nd rounder, a top prospect (Niklas Jensen in our case) and a roster top-six forward.

It is therefore hypothetically plausible that an offer of Schneider, Raymond, Jensen, 1st & 2nd round picks would land Rick Nash but I doubt Gillis would bite at that cost.

Apparently canucks are on the list...

"Nash has a no-movement clause in his contract, but he has given the Blue Jackets a list of teams that he would be willing to accept a trade to. Nash's list of teams reportedly includes the Rangers, Canucks, Bruins, Kings, Sharks and Maple Leafs"

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=6834

I don't think Jensen is necessary considering we have Scneider in that deal.

Schneider outweighs the value of a top prospect I would think. However if Raymond isn't the top 6 they're looking for, maybe a mid level propect like Sweatt would be needed to sweeten the deal.

It is therefore hypothetically plausible that an

offer of Schneider, Raymond, Jensen, 1st & 2nd round picks would land Rick Nash but I doubt Gillis would bite at that cost.

I don't think Jensen is necessary considering we have Scneider in that deal.

Schneider outweighs the value of a top prospect I would think. However if Raymond isn't the top 6 they're looking for, maybe a mid level propect like Sweatt would be needed to sweeten the deal.

I don't get it. Don't we have an internal max salary? No one gets more than Sedins? How do we get all these hometown discounts and then bring in a guy who looks to be overpaid- seems like a gamble that you're not going to upset the room by bringing in a contract like that.

Archived