Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Rumour/Report/Speculation] The Official Rick Nash Thread (Keep it all here please)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
173 replies to this topic

#61 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,025 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:07 PM

Howson will demand two of those three, Jensen, CoHo & Schneider, or it's no deal.

Well then it's no deal.

New York has already said they won't give up either Del Zotto or McDunaugh so I guess he's not going to New York either. My guess is he stays in Columbus until their GM comes up with a serious asking price.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#62 samirjaver

samirjaver

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:09 PM

As per Elliotte Friedman on the Hot Stove.

He said that CBJ told him this today, and that he will only be moved if they get an offer that blows them away.
Posted Image

#63 Disaronno

Disaronno

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:10 PM

TSN >>>>>>> CBC

0190000007294316-photo-house-of-cards.jp

1190007304.png CDC STHS GM ||||| small.png CDCFL GM ||||| small.png EHL GM

#64 Peace Bond

Peace Bond

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:11 PM

Makes perfect sense. There should be absolutely no rush to trade Nash.

#65 Cpt.Clutch

Cpt.Clutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:11 PM

...because they have a deal set up with Vancouver around Schneider, but he can't be dealt until after the Canucks win the cup...

#66 aliboy

aliboy

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:13 PM

That's speculation, didn't need it's own thread.

#67 adniel_g

adniel_g

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:14 PM

B/c no one wants the guys caphit no one will blow them away, ever.

#68 aliboy

aliboy

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,953 posts

We absolutely can give up Jensen and Schneider.

#69 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,025 posts

This happens every year so this shouldn't be very surprising.

All these big name players rumored to be going somewhere, and then nothing happens.

GMs are smart, they're not going to overpay for players at the deadline. If your team isn't good enough to compete in the playoffs, then the summertime is the time to address your teams needs, not the deadline.

Posted Image

#70 adniel_g

adniel_g

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:16 PM

This happens every year so this shouldn't be very surprising.

All these big name players rumored to be going somewhere, and then nothing happens.

GMs are smart, they're not going to overpay for players at the deadline. If your team isn't good enough to compete in the playoffs, then the summertime is the time to address your teams needs, not the deadline.

Just kinda interesting...the way things are going with CBJ it seems Nash wants out more than any one else, so the longer he stays, the longer he'll be miserable and the more his value will drop.

Edited by adniel_g, 25 February 2012 - 07:17 PM.

#71 aliboy

aliboy

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:20 PM

HockeyBeat:

Update Saturday 9:11pm: Leafs are pretty much out at this point, their last offer still wasn’t good enough so unless something unexpected happens Nash won’t be going to Toronto. Down to Canucks, Nashville, and Rangers.

The one wild card here is if Nashville puts their backup goalie on the table, as he would be a prize.

#72 Provost

Provost

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:20 PM

Brown will be expensive as well.

How about this guy who's on fire with 6g 6a 12pts +5 in his past 10gp:

http://www.nhl.com/i...112012&view=log

Honestly, I don't know much about him... never really noticed him much when we played against them. Seems like another "almost 2nd line" player like Raymond/Higgins/Hansen.

I would totally do Hodgson for Brown straight up (or for minor stuff going either way).

I think our team is better and deeper this year if we lost Hodgson instead of Schneider. Lapierre can fill Hodgon's 3rd line spot better than someone like Sanford (I assume he would come the other way in a potential Nash deal) can fill Schneider's.

I think Schneider is going to have ridiculous value at draft day. He also protects us against a troublesome problem is Luongo craps the bed in the playoffs this year... not only for the playoffs themselves, but going forward. If you thought it was bad this season with how folks were riding Luongo even though losing the SCF wasn't his fault. Imagine if he let in 7 goals a couple of games and we lost in the 2nd round this year.

He would almost have to be traded at that point as his stay would become untenable. In that case I would be very happy to have Schneider in the wings.
Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

#73 7thMan

7thMan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:21 PM

Makes perfect sense. There should be absolutely no rush to trade Nash.

Well, the list of teams he is willing to be moved to is only going down and the amount that teams are willing to pay for him may also go down as teams are desperate to make a move before they deadline, right now, and are more prone to make rash decisions.

#74 WetPaint

WetPaint

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:22 PM

Well this makes sense.

CBJ says Nash probably won't be traded by deadline. Nash's agent says the list of acceptable teams won't expand even into the summer.

Sounds like Columbus has a deal they like but Nash not willing to waive for that team.

#75 Provost

Provost

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

I think once Nash's agent spoke up, it made a trade by the deadline almost a certainty.

#76 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,807 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

That's speculation, didn't need it's own thread.

That's pretty much this entire forum

Zf3XIDB.png

Sig by: Samuel Påhlsson

#77 Pride

Pride

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

and if the cap drops like it should then it will be even harder to move his monstrous cap hit

#78 Provost

Provost

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:36 PM

and if the cap drops like it should then it will be even harder to move his monstrous cap hit

His NTC remains in place if he gets moved as I understand it as well.

But the cap is not likely to go down at all. It is already calculated to be about $5 million more next season, and the best that the owners can hope in collective bargaining is to stop it rising after that... not to reverse it.

#79 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,025 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:48 PM

I think once Nash's agent spoke up, it made a trade by the deadline almost a certainty.

GM's don't work for agents, they work for owners.

It really doesn't change anything.

Posted Image

#80 Provost

Provost

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:59 PM

GM's don't work for agents, they work for owners.

It really doesn't change anything.

It means that Nash clearly wants out. That is a big difference from "I want to stay but will do what is best for the franchise I love"

That only drops his trade value the longer you wait.

Having a guy as your captain for the next 20 games who has effectively demanded a trade is uber bad ju-ju... and it is unlikely to happen.

#81 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:11 PM

Honestly, I don't know much about him... never really noticed him much when we played against them. Seems like another "almost 2nd line" player like Raymond/Higgins/Hansen.

Really, eh? He has 6g, 3a 9pts in 20gp against us (including an OT GWG).

Here are his career stats versus our conference rivals:

D. JONES GP G A PTS +/-

CHICAGO 13 5 5 10 0
DETROIT 13 4 5 9 3
ST. LOUIS 7 2 1 3 3
NASHVILLE 11 3 2 5 -1
SAN JOSE 6 0 1 1 -3
LOS ANGELES 11 4 4 8 0

TOTAL 61 18 18 36 2

Gotta like those numbers versus Detroit & Chicago.

I would totally do Hodgson for Brown straight up (or for minor stuff going either way).

I think our team is better and deeper this year if we lost Hodgson instead of Schneider. Lapierre can fill Hodgon's 3rd line spot better than someone like Sanford (I assume he would come the other way in a potential Nash deal) can fill Schneider's.

I think Schneider is going to have ridiculous value at draft day. He also protects us against a troublesome problem is Luongo craps the bed in the playoffs this year... not only for the playoffs themselves, but going forward. If you thought it was bad this season with how folks were riding Luongo even though losing the SCF wasn't his fault. Imagine if he let in 7 goals a couple of games and we lost in the 2nd round this year.

He would almost have to be traded at that point as his stay would become untenable. In that case I would be very happy to have Schneider in the wings.

Dustin Brown 3g 1a tonight vs the Blackhawks. I don't think he's gonna get traded in conference...

Edit: Your point about Luongo is very valid, imo, as sad as that is.

Edited by Millerdraft, 25 February 2012 - 08:13 PM.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#82 Provost

Provost

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:16 PM

Dustin Brown 3g 1a tonight vs the Blackhawks. I don't think he's gonna get traded in conference...

It was always a very remote possibility... the rumblings being that MANY GMs got on the phone asking about Brown when word got out he was available.

We would have had to overpay to get him if indeed he was available...

Now the optics would be really bad in LA if they moved him, imagine if Carter didn't perform right away and you just ditched your captain who scored 4 points in the last game he played?

#83 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:28 PM

It was always a very remote possibility... the rumblings being that MANY GMs got on the phone asking about Brown when word got out he was available.

We would have had to overpay to get him if indeed he was available...

Now the optics would be really bad in LA if they moved him, imagine if Carter didn't perform right away and you just ditched your captain who scored 4 points in the last game he played?

I'm thinking Lombardi called up Holmgren, yet again, and offered up Brown for JVR. The other less likely scenario was Brown for Brayden Schenn in the hopes he could then flip Jonathan Bernier to Toronto for Luke Schenn.

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#84 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,931 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:39 PM

Xm Home Ice is reporting the Predators have a deal on the table of Ellis,Wilson, Laakso, and a #1 for Nash. Nash's agent meanwhile has said he wouldn't expand the list of teams...however, ARE we sure Nashville isn't on his list. This reminds me so much of the Forsberg trade. No one thought Nashville was on his list either (well except me...)

This per Eklund.

If I am Columbus, I STRONGLY CONSIDER this offer (assuming Nashville is on his trade list). I love Colin Wilson, kid is going to be a stud and Ellis seems destined that way as well.

Edited by canuckbeliever, 25 February 2012 - 11:40 PM.

#85 aliboy

aliboy

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:50 PM

If I'm Columbus I want Lindback included in any package from Nashville.

#86 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,025 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:59 PM

Xm Home Ice is reporting the Predators have a deal on the table of Ellis,Wilson, Laakso, and a #1 for Nash. Nash's agent meanwhile has said he wouldn't expand the list of teams...however, ARE we sure Nashville isn't on his list. This reminds me so much of the Forsberg trade. No one thought Nashville was on his list either (well except me...)

This per Eklund.

If I am Columbus, I STRONGLY CONSIDER this offer (assuming Nashville is on his trade list). I love Colin Wilson, kid is going to be a stud and Ellis seems destined that way as well.

Laakso is a not a very promising prospect. Equivelant to a Sweatt level prospect.

Wilson would be the centerpiece to that trade. Equivelant to us giving up Hodgson.

And Ellis is still a question mark as to whether or not he can adapt to the NHL. IMO he overachieved in the OHL by being on a stacked Spitfires team. Shouldn't have gone as high as he did IMO.

I still think we could offer more if we wanted to, if you assume that they want a goaltender.

Posted Image

#87 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:01 AM

If I'm Columbus I want Lindback included in any package from Nashville.

Or Schneider :bigblush:
Posted Image

#88 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:14 AM

Laakso is a not a very promising prospect. Equivelant to a Sweatt level prospect.

Wilson would be the centerpiece to that trade. Equivelant to us giving up Hodgson.

And Ellis is still a question mark as to whether or not he can adapt to the NHL. IMO he overachieved in the OHL by being on a stacked Spitfires team. Shouldn't have gone as high as he did IMO.

I still think we could offer more if we wanted to, if you assume that they want a goaltender.

3g 6a 9pts +8 in his 22 game stint all at the tender age of 21. This kid is about as explosive of a powerplay quarterback that one could get.

#89 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,025 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:26 AM

3g 6a 9pts +8 in his 22 game stint all at the tender age of 21. This kid is about as explosive of a powerplay quarterback that one could get.

Oh, I didn't know that 22 games defined a career. Sorry.

Erik Karlsson is 21 years old and he is a point a game player. That's about as explosive of a powerplay quarterback that you can get.

There's still question marks whether you think so or not. Lets see what he can do against a hulking St.Louis or San Jose team in a 7 game series. Lots of players have been good powerplay quarterbacks in their careers.

And it doesn't hurt that Nashville has the best PP in the league. Sorry just not sold on him yet.

Posted Image

#90 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:40 AM

Oh, I didn't know that 22 games defined a career. Sorry.

Erik Karlsson is 21 years old and he is a point a game player. That's about as explosive of a powerplay quarterback that you can get.

There's still question marks whether you think so or not. Lets see what he can do against a hulking St.Louis or San Jose team in a 7 game series. Lots of players have been good powerplay quarterbacks in their careers.

And it doesn't hurt that Nashville has the best PP in the league. Sorry just not sold on him yet.

No one said anything about 22 games "defining an entire career" but as far as first tastes at the NHL level go, that's a very tidy stat line. Ellis' history on big stages is very impressive, kind of like Hodgson in that regard.

Comparing Nashville's record of drafting/developing Dmen with Ottawa's is a bit unfair, are you sure you want to go down that road?

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.