The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks interested in Brown, Kings made offer for Nash and Carter, Travis Moen unavailable

yah im not sure about the bottom 6 defence but the top 4 are pretty good even if Doughty is playing poorly..

Either way their defensive game is insanely good, they mainly win 1 point games and Quick is a fantastic goaltender.

They got rid of Johnson because they aren't worried about their defence.. but we'll see how it pans out in the next couple days before the deadline

LA would expect an unrealistic return for Brown, he is their Captain, and his cap hit is only 3.175, he is basically in his prime at 27 years old. He has third most points on his team, tied for best +/- on his team, and tied for second in goals on his team. They are not going to do a "Schneider for Brown straight up" deal. They have a good starter in Quick, just as we have a good starter in Luongo. Guess what? We are trying to move Schneider for picks and/or reasonable depth. I am willing to bet they are looking to do the same with Bernier, trade him for picks and/or reasonable depth. These two teams really don't seem compatible for a trade.

You are contradicting yourself a bit. If LA wouldn't want to trade to a Conference rival, why would Avs want to trade to a division rival?

I still don't think we would get Dustin Brown, not because of us being conference rivals, just because we don't have any available players that LA would want.

Also, I think the Avs won't be sellers come trade deadline day. They have ALOT of players that they could have traded by now since about 90% of the team is UFA/RFA next season. It seems like they will be making a push for the playoffs.

I'm sorry, I forgot Canuck fans are so bias. How does Raymond and a 2nd for Brown sound for you? pretty fair right :picard:

Brown is a 2nd/3rd liner...please.

-Brown's last 4 seasons he has had 50 plus points

-Brown is practically always healthy

-Brown has been top 3 in hits for the last 6 seasons! (since 05-06)

-I guess that C on his chest is just a fashion statement

Get a reality check buddy. Brown is a top tier player who plays with heart and is the type of player that makes a difference in the playoffs, he's not just some 2nd/3rd liner.

And don't get me wrong, Schnieder is a great goalie who will backstop the team for many seasons that he lands on next season but don't you think if Schnieder's value really was that high, a trade of Schnieder for Nash or Schnieder for Perry would be fair? Too bad when the rumour of Perry for Schnieder Ballard and Raymond came up, the vibe around the league was what a joke because it was unfair for Anaheim. Also, even though Schnieder proved he has game, he has not proved himself as a starter because Luongo has been our number one. Thats why you can't start calling him a 'franchise goalie' after only 2 season of him being a solid backup.

So don't kid yourself. Maybe try and look at trades with a less bias perspective and you will understand what is fair and unfair.

The Avs don't really believe they're gonna make it, nor do they expect to go far (the Kings are a different story altogether). Downey was brought in because they are going to lose David Jones to unrestricted free agency:

Right, because you have sources all around the league that made you aware of the 'vibe' right? Even though Pierre Mcguire was on Team1040 and said "I would be shocked if that happened. The Canucks can get even more for Schneider, especially with Raymond and Ballard involved in the deal." So you need to get YOUR facts straight.

Dustin Brown is a good hockey player but you say he's a 50 point player like we're all supposed to jump up and down and do the jig. 50 points makes him an AVERAGE 2nd line producer. Cory Schneider is the best back-up in this league and continues to prove just how good he is against any team he plays against.

And why doesn't the Nash thing happen? Don't make a doofus comment and claim it's because Schneider isn't good enough. It's because Rick Nash has a cap hit of almost 8 million dollars that we most certainly cannot have at the moment. Do I think Schneider for Nash is fair? Definitely not Nash is obviously worth more. But Schneider can definitely fetch more than Dustin Brown in a 1 for 1 deal.

Archived