The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks interested in Brown, Kings made offer for Nash and Carter, Travis Moen unavailable

It is rumored that LA would move him for cap reasons, therefore making the deal not about equal hockey value, but about money and getting cheaper pieces that can help them.

Raymond has something the Kings have very little of; speed. They cannot skate with the top teams in the West. Sauve adds another defenseman in their system, which is needed with the loss of Johnson now, Teubert last year, and the promotion of Voyonov. The first replaces the one they lost in the Carter deal.

Most proposals on here are retarded. That one is not based upon the reasons why LA is rumored to have Brown on the block.

Let me ask you this... Who, as a rookie, in their first ever NHL season, green and inexperienced as can be, has scored in every single of the Canucks most important games this season? Who was the most valuable player for team Canada in multiple junior tournaments, when playing with the likes of John Tavares, and Steven Stamkos? So you want to ship him out, for another player who complements so well our entire bottom nine that consists of a bunch of bangers/shooters with no one to dish the puck? Hmmmm let's see, how is that working out for our second line at the moment? Give your head a shake

Lol my apologies. But to be honest, I think you are under-estimating Cody's potential. He will be a much better player than the Plekanec, Zajac comparisons you mentioned. He is tied for first with 16 goals, he has 32 points placing him top 4, with the least minutes out of the comparable rookies. Stud rookies don't grow on trees. He has the potential to be a point/game player in this league. No he doesn't hit like Brown, but when all is set and done, I guarantee that his numbers will be much more impressive.

Hodgson's potential is much, much higher than Brown's. Brown isn't that fast, does hit a lot, and has pretty much hit his ceiling in terms of worth. Big deal, he's a captain, and not a great one. Most pundits had LA pegged as a top seed in the west, now they're struggling to score 3 goals a week, and they've got a 50/50 chance at just making the playoffs. I think a better captian would have this team in a better position than they are now. I'd love to have him on the team, but not at the cost of our best young player.

i hate it when people judge how good a player is on "how many goals they have"

you haft to judge on how much a player "contributes" to the team

who would you rather have, ovechkin or burrows???

ovechkin will out score burrows in their respected careers but i would take burrows over ovechkin any day

Archived