Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

canuckbeliever

[Report] Canucks interested in Brown, Kings made offer for Nash and Carter, Travis Moen unavailable

232 posts in this topic

Gotta get Brown!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: If we get Brown+Allen on TDD I will explode, and then build a shrine to Mike Gillis in Stanley Park.

Darren Dreger was on the NHL Network tonight saying that in order to let Brown go Lombardi would have to receive an offer that includes Schenn and one of Kadri, Colborne or Frattin...

raymond sauve shroeder and a 2nd for brown and a late round pick>!

We don't need to make drastic changes, Brown will obviously take quality roster players off the Canucks like a Hodgson. The Canucks should snag Knuble out of Washington for a 6-7th rounder and package Alberts and a 5-7th rounder for Allen. Alberts is a cheaper cap hit for Carolina and played well there in the past.

playoff roster

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Raymond Kesler Booth

Higgins Hodgson Hansen

Lapierre Malhotra Knuble

Bitz/Weise Reinprecht

Bieksa Hamhuis

Edler Salo

Allen/Tanev/Ballard/Rome

Luongo

Schneider

omfg....hodgson isnt god!!!!

take off your canucks coloured glasses....

players like hodgson come around everyday BUT players like brown almost never become available

brown is the total package....i would take brown into a 7 game series against boston over hodgson any day... if you dont, you mustn't understand how great of a hockey player brown is

Schneider for Schenn & Frattin.

Schenn & Frattin for Brown

:)

Why are you calling Hodgson retarded? That is the worst nickname of anyone on our team "Retard"

He is a rookie, they aren't expected to be very smart yet.

He was calling the poster a retard, not hodgson... now wheres that facepalm emoticon...

:picard: found it

first of all, i was at hockey..... second you made some good points but the playoffs are a whole different animal. if hodgson isnt scoring, he cant really contribute anywhere else but with brown if he isnt scoring he is atleast hitting everyone that has the boards brown isnt a "goal scorer" but he isnt a "playmaker" either so he is a hybrid player...he passes when a pass is open but he shoots when he can shoot....unlike kesler or booth who add a little more dishing into there game, especially booth i am a strong believer in balancing out the lines (shooter, playmaker, hitter etc...) but if you put brown with the sedins then you can have booth-kesler-burrows as your second line....burrows and brown are very similiar check it out his goals and assists are about the same(30 goals, 30 assists is virtually his average) http://tsn.ca/nhl/te...rs/bio/?id=2289 i dont think hodgson ever played with stamkos at the wjc....

Now, now kids. Easy now! Do you really think Mike Gillis will want to read about all this retarded yapping when he comes here for good advice for the trade deadline?

The most logical trading partner for LA involving Brown would have to be Toronto. They have so many defencemen and I think a player like Schenn might interest LA. I don't think Vancouver has the pieces unless they are looking for prospects and picks (Schroeder, 2nd, 3rd?)

Guys, guys... hold on here

Brown is a great crap disturber, but LA Kings are willing to trade him for a reason. They have been getting NO SCORING from the wings!

Now you can argue that we have enough scoring in our lineup, and could afford someone of his ilk, however I am not on this "Get Dustin Brown!!!!" wagon.

One more thing I'd like to add to the Schneider's value discussion, is that Semyon Varlamov got traded in the off-seasons for Colorado's 1st round pick this year (looking like a top 10 pick) and another conditional pick.

I know that Bernier, Harding and Lindback are out there to be had, but judging by the play of Schneider, he is probably the second best goalie prospect out there (behind Harding) to be had by any team building for the future.

It's actually ludicrous that Tampa Bay has waited all year long, and wasted their year because of lack of goaltending.

What was our problem last year in the SCF? Scoring goals. When we played our game, at home, we out hit the competition every night. For some reason we just couldn't put it together on the road, and the final game. This team has been to the very end, and this year I'm positive will be able to perform more consistently in that regard. We didn't lose last year because of lacking physicality. If you think Brown's the answer to the big bad Bruins then you are sorely mistaken. We don't need another player who contributes hits when he isn't scoring- our entire bottom nine is going to destroy the competition in that department already. Lapierre is a recking ball every game We need a playmaker with elite vision who can set those guys up. Brown is not the answer. I will repeat one last time: In our biggest games of the year, you know, the ones that had the most intensity, most hitting, most skill, most hype, most pressure. As close as you can get to the "whole other beast that are playoffs", who has scored in every single time? Now, if we can get Brown without giving up Hodgson, by all means; although, I still think we need a defence man over any more forward modifications. But trading Hodgson for Brown will be a step backward for this team. You dont't win hockey games outright by hitting your opponent. You need to score. I understand brown contributes points, but trading for him would be for an upgrade on the second line, and the third line would suffer hugely. More so than the extra three hits a game brown might contribute. One last thing: Brown hasn't been very good in the play offs He's been there twice, the first year put up 5 points in 6 games, but if you remember, that is the year LA scored on us at will on the power play. He only had one goal Last year, only two points in 6 games.

Hmm, here's a theory. What about a three-way trade between LA, Columbus, and Van?

To LA:

Rick Nash

To CLB:

Corey Schneider

Andrei Loktionov

Thomas Hickey

Tyler Toffoli

LA's 1st round pick

To VAN:

Dustin Brown