The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks interested in Brown, Kings made offer for Nash and Carter, Travis Moen unavailable

Yes, because Pierre McGuire is a great source to go by... You don't need sources to feel the vibe of a trade. Most of the media was favoring vancouver in this trade, practically everyone on CDC was wishful of this trade and when you saw comments from fans around the league, no one was saying that the canucks were getting ripped off. If you still think that trade is fair, yes you are bias. I didn't say 50 pts as if it is something amazing however, if a player gets 50 + pts over the last 4 seasons, i dont find that they are a 3rd liner. And yes he may be a average 2nd liner when it comes to putting up points but I like how you failed to address his significant physical play. How many guys do you know that can put up 50+ pts in a season and be one of the best hitters in the league...exactly, it is very rare. Plus he has a 3 million cap hit and he is still pretty young. With the market today, Brown at 3 mill is a huge bargain. If he were to enter UFA today, he would get 5 million easily. Brown is a full package type of player and those are hard to find now a day. That is why i find you guys are not giving him enough credit. You are acting as if we are talking about Michael Ryder not Dustin Brown. Like i said before, they would not give him the C if he was just some average second liner. And lastly, I was trying to make a point about Schnieder. That is why I brought up the most recent talk about Schnieder being traded to columbus for nash. The guy I was replying to said Schnieder is a "franchise goalie". Schnieder is in the top 3 goalies who is not a starters yet, however if his value was really the value of a "franchise goalie" like Lundqvist, Price, Rinne ect, there is not a doubt in my mind that Gillis would have traded him already. Why would Gillis keep him? Sure having a good back up is nice but if Gillis could get a top forward or defenceman, he would have. Reality is Schnieder has played 2 full seasons as backup and even though he is one of the best goalies not playing right now, he will not get recognized as a franchise goalie yet when it comes to a trade. And if you don't find Schnieder would be equivalent to Brown, please give me a comparison of who you find Schnieder is equivalent to... will it be Crosby Giroux or Stamkos

Trade Raymond and maybe a pick if necessary to Pittsburgh for Matt Niskanen, right handed d-man, only 25 years old. Try to get whatever you can for Ballard, aka salary dump. LA is rumoured to be moving Brown as a salary dump so picks and prospects, trade Schroeder, maybe Sauve, and a 2nd for Dustin Brown. Not too sure about the last trade but I've heard they want a couple solid prospects and a 2nd.

Brown is one of the best deals in the league. At a 3.175 cap hit for someone who scores 25 goals consistently and is one of the leagues best checkers he would be a great fit on our team (also a natural right winger). It would make sense that Vancouver is interested because we have a lack of natural right wingers and we really don't have a really hard hitting top 6 player.

Maybe someone like Raymond, Sauve, Connauton, and a pick could pry him out of there.

omfg....hodgson isnt god!!!!

take off your canucks coloured glasses....

players like hodgson come around everyday BUT players like brown almost never become available

brown is the total package....i would take brown into a 7 game series against boston over hodgson any day... if you dont, you mustn't understand how great of a hockey player brown is

Yes, because Pierre McGuire is a great source to go by... You don't need sources to feel the vibe of a trade. Most of the media was favoring vancouver in this trade, practically everyone on CDC was wishful of this trade and when you saw comments from fans around the league, no one was saying that the canucks were getting ripped off. If you still think that trade is fair, yes you are bias.

I didn't say 50 pts as if it is something amazing however, if a player gets 50 + pts over the last 4 seasons, i dont find that they are a 3rd liner. And yes he may be a average 2nd liner when it comes to putting up points but I like how you failed to address his significant physical play. How many guys do you know that can put up 50+ pts in a season and be one of the best hitters in the league...exactly, it is very rare. Plus he has a 3 million cap hit and he is still pretty young. With the market today, Brown at 3 mill is a huge bargain. If he were to enter UFA today, he would get 5 million easily. Brown is a full package type of player and those are hard to find now a day. That is why i find you guys are not giving him enough credit. You are acting as if we are talking about Michael Ryder not Dustin Brown. Like i said before, they would not give him the C if he was just some average second liner.

And lastly, I was trying to make a point about Schnieder. That is why I brought up the most recent talk about Schnieder being traded to columbus for nash. The guy I was replying to said Schnieder is a "franchise goalie". Schnieder is in the top 3 goalies who is not a starters yet, however if his value was really the value of a "franchise goalie" like Lundqvist, Price, Rinne ect, there is not a doubt in my mind that Gillis would have traded him already. Why would Gillis keep him? Sure having a good back up is nice but if Gillis could get a top forward or defenceman, he would have.

Reality is Schnieder has played 2 full seasons as backup and even though he is one of the best goalies not playing right now, he will not get recognized as a franchise goalie yet when it comes to a trade.

And if you don't find Schnieder would be equivalent to Brown, please give me a comparison of who you find Schnieder is equivalent to... will it be Crosby Giroux or Stamkos

I definitely agree with you; Brown is no 3rd liner. He is a good player but forgive me for not jumping up and down about the fact that he has a 'C' on his sweater. Dion Phaneuf also has a C, does that make him something special?

I do think that the term 'franchise goalie' is a bit steep. Nevertheless, I believe that Schneider will be an excellent goalie in this league for a long time. Now to answer your question regarding what Schneider can fetch us in a trade. Realistically, it depends on the team. If it is LA who has a strong goalie base already, I doubt they sacrifice a top 6 forward anyway. So that is out of the question. However, a team like Tampa Bay or Columbus will pay a lot to get a goalie like Schneider. I think it truly does depend on what the other team's needs are. I don't think it's possible to trade 1 for 1 Schneider for X; it wouldn't make much sense. Any deal involving Schneider will be a package deal one way or another.

The Schnieder for brown value argument is pointless. There are so many other factors to trades other than straight player skills.

If the market was starved for goalies and la is sitting in 4th place, scoring lots but struggling in net? I bet they'd be offer a pretty package for cory.

If La was in full sellers mode but needed a goalie and both burrows and booth were out till mid playoffs we'd probably try and make a decent package deal involving schnieds and end up overpaying.

In reality I bet you La would take Schnieder for brown straight up today in a second then turn around and flip him on Monday for a better package than they were gonna get for brown.

omfg....hodgson isnt god!!!!

take off your canucks coloured glasses....

players like hodgson come around everyday BUT players like brown almost never become available

brown is the total package....i would take brown into a 7 game series against boston over hodgson any day... if you dont, you mustn't understand how great of a hockey player brown is

what is so unique about hodgson?!?!?

he will end up being a very nice 2nd line center for a team in the future...posting 60-70 points, not a physical player, good on faceoffs and a little pk time.....a lot like plekanec or zajac

i am not a hodgson hater, i just think brown would put this team over the top

raymond and a 2nd pick isnt gonna get it done and if there is a way we can acquire brown without giving up hodgson then im all for it

dont you dare judge my hockey knowledge...i live and breath this game. i watch, play, and dream about hockey more then anyone i have met or come within contact with......how dare you!!!!!!!

Archived