The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks interested in Brown, Kings made offer for Nash and Carter, Travis Moen unavailable

what is so unique about hodgson?!?!?

he will end up being a very nice 2nd line center for a team in the future...posting 60-70 points, not a physical player, good on faceoffs and a little pk time.....a lot like plekanec or zajac

i am not a hodgson hater, i just think brown would put this team over the top

raymond and a 2nd pick isnt gonna get it done and if there is a way we can acquire brown without giving up hodgson then im all for it

dont you dare judge my hockey knowledge...i live and breath this game. i watch, play, and dream about hockey more then anyone i have met or come within contact with......how dare you!!!!!!!

he will end up being a very nice 2nd line center for a team in the future...posting 60-70 points, not a physical player, good on faceoffs and a little pk time.....a lot like plekanec or zajac

raymond and a 2nd pick isnt gonna get it done and if there is a way we can acquire brown without giving up hodgson then im all for it

dont you dare judge my hockey knowledge...i live and breath this game. i watch, play, and dream about hockey more then anyone i have met or come within contact with......how dare you!!!!!!!

Looks like the price for Brown would be around Raymond + Connauton/Tanev + 1st/2nd.

Not too bad for Brown who would be a huge difference maker in the playoffs.

​As long as the price doesn't get driven up I would be willing to consider this deal.

Hodgson's potential is much, much higher than Brown's. Brown isn't that fast, does hit a lot, and has pretty much hit his ceiling in terms of worth. Big deal, he's a captain, and not a great one. Most pundits had LA pegged as a top seed in the west, now they're struggling to score 3 goals a week, and they've got a 50/50 chance at just making the playoffs. I think a better captian would have this team in a better position than they are now. I'd love to have him on the team, but not at the cost of our best young player.

Looks like the price for Brown would be around Raymond + Connauton/Tanev + 1st/2nd.

Not too bad for Brown who would be a huge difference maker in the playoffs.

​As long as the price doesn't get driven up I would be willing to consider this deal.

These proposals are brutal, why would mg trade Hodgson??? Idiots

Raymond and whatever for brown, LA is one of the slowest teams in the league, they could use mayray

Also speaking of Hodgson, 2nd line needs a playmaker, leave him on 3rd but near end of season put him with kes and booth. Kes can take face offs and play C in the defensive zone, and when they're going the other way Cody can play the middle and make plays from the slot with his great vision, by then reinprecht would be up.

Sedins burrows

Hogson kesler booth

Higgins lapierre Hansen

Reinprecht malhotra weise/bitz

(given that Raymond gets moved and if no other forwards come into play) who knows what will happen on Monday though

If it can be done without trading Cody, Corey or Chris I am all for it but otherwise no thanks.

Raymond, Ballard and a 1st, 3rd

For

Penner

Brown

I know it's the trade everyone points at but this seems fair. Penner is a bust this year but I think with the right motivation and maybe some playoff atmosphere he can throw his weight around.

Id do it without giving up tanev.

The other thing to consider too is we will most likely get a first or solid prospect back If we flip Schnieder on draft day. So if we are going to put together a package that seems like it will hurt our future, it will most likely be repaired + more when we trade Cory.. Basically I wouldn't give up too many of our best prospects but I wouldn't freak out and think we're screwed if we have to trade one of our top to get brown.

If it can be done without trading Cody, Corey or Chris I am all for it but otherwise no thanks.

Raymond, Ballard and a 1st, 3rd

For

Penner

Brown

I know it's the trade everyone points at but this seems fair. Penner is a bust this year but I think with the right motivation and maybe some playoff atmosphere he can throw his weight around.

Archived