Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Report] Canucks interested in Brown, Kings made offer for Nash and Carter, Travis Moen unavailable

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
231 replies to this topic

#91 bleednucksblue

bleednucksblue

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,561 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

Did anyone watched the Sportsnet noon talk show with Millard,Kypreos and Mclean??

My friend told me he heard one of them mention that Nash would only play for 2 teams, and thats Vancouver and Toronto!!! :frantic:

LeBrun just said on the TEAM that he is very interested in San Jose because of his friendship with Thornton.

Your friend was wrong.
You will always be on our mind and in our heart. RIP Luc!

John Garrett after a brutal pass by Olli Jokinen:

"Jokinen makes a pass 8 feet behind anybody, to no-one. That's Calgary's first line, unfortunately for them."

#92 bleednucksblue

bleednucksblue

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,561 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:07 PM

it's just annoying how delusional canuck fans are that they think we can get brown for a package like sauve a first and raymond. No hockey sense whatsoever.

It is rumored that LA would move him for cap reasons, therefore making the deal not about equal hockey value, but about money and getting cheaper pieces that can help them.

Raymond has something the Kings have very little of; speed. They cannot skate with the top teams in the West. Sauve adds another defenseman in their system, which is needed with the loss of Johnson now, Teubert last year, and the promotion of Voyonov. The first replaces the one they lost in the Carter deal.

Most proposals on here are retarded. That one is not based upon the reasons why LA is rumored to have Brown on the block.

"Jokinen makes a pass 8 feet behind anybody, to no-one. That's Calgary's first line, unfortunately for them."

#93 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:08 PM

If we get Brown i m getting his jersey...both booth and brown look great on the back of a jersey

#94 Dilly Canuck

Dilly Canuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:08 PM

LeBrun just said on the TEAM that he is very interested in San Jose because of his friendship with Thornton. Your friend was wrong.

I guess thats one way rumors start...someone gives incorrect information.

#95 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,946 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:09 PM

it's just annoying how delusional canuck fans are that they think we can get brown for a package like sauve a first and raymond. No hockey sense whatsoever.

I do think that they have to upgrade from Sauve as the prospect to get it done.

I proposed the same package but with Schroeder instead, and even then doubted that it could get done.

Hodgson would not be out of line though I think that he probably has more worth than Brown because of his age and upside.

Do you do:

To Van:
Brown
Mitchell
(a pick or prospect)

To LA:
Hodgson
Raymond
Ballard
Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

#96 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,946 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:11 PM

It is rumored that LA would move him for cap reasons, therefore making the deal not about equal hockey value, but about money and getting cheaper pieces that can help them..

Can someone give a quote as to where that "we are moving him for cap reasons" came from? All I have seen is Mackenzie suggesting that it was for culture/regime change reasons as they want to move to Richards as captain.

#97 Mack Attack

Mack Attack

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:14 PM

I proposed the same package but with Schroeder instead, and even then doubted that it could get done.

Hodgson would not be out of line though I think that he probably has more worth than Brown because of his age and upside.

Do you do:

To Van:
Brown
Mitchell
(a pick or prospect)

To LA:
Hodgson
Raymond
Ballard

I would definitely not make that trade. LA wouldn't either, considering they just resigned MItchell.

#98 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,428 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:14 PM

LeBrun just said on the TEAM that he is very interested in San Jose because of his friendship with Thornton. Your friend was wrong.

being intrested in a team is not the same as wanting to play for a team.

He just told me what he heard, i cant confirm or deny this thats why im asking if anyone else heard this.

#99 Cr8zyCanuck

Cr8zyCanuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:18 PM

To Vancouver:

F Dustin Brown

To Los Angeles:

F Mason Raymond
1st Round Draft Pick
D Yann Sauve

I wouldn't blink.

#100 goblix

goblix

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:19 PM

Can someone give a quote as to where that "we are moving him for cap reasons" came from? All I have seen is Mackenzie suggesting that it was for culture/regime change reasons as they want to move to Richards as captain.

That would be my guess on why Brown is in these trade talks.. Their cap situation looks fine for another year at least.. Penner is UFA next season so thats a big cap relief from his 4.2m hit..

#101 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:26 PM

Brown would be a great addition to our second line. Raymond and a 1 or 2 high draft picks should get it done.

Booth-Kesler-Brown

#102 Franz Liszt

Franz Liszt

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:27 PM

- Place Ballard, Ebbett, Volpatti & Pinizzotto on LTIR, giving us an extra $6.3million in cap-space
- Trade for Steve Ott & Dustin Brown to round out our top-12
- Trade for Bryan Allen & Jordan Leopold for the bottom pairing and depth

Cup.

Yours truly,

Posted Image

120px-Liszt_sign.JPG

#103 bleednucksblue

bleednucksblue

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,561 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:28 PM

- Place Ballard, Ebbett, Volpatti & Pinizzotto on LTIR, giving us an extra $6.3million in cap-space
- Trade for Steve Ott & Dustin Brown to round out our top-12
- Trade for Bryan Allen & Jordan Leopold for the bottom pairing and depth

Cup.

Yours truly,

Posted Image

If it was only this easy, eh?

Edited by KeslerownsIginla, 24 February 2012 - 05:22 PM.

#104 Franz Liszt

Franz Liszt

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:33 PM

If it was on this easy, eh?

Yes.

120px-Liszt_sign.JPG

#105 {nhl}

{nhl}

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:36 PM

It is rumored that LA would move him for cap reasons, therefore making the deal not about equal hockey value, but about money and getting cheaper pieces that can help them.

Raymond has something the Kings have very little of; speed. They cannot skate with the top teams in the West. Sauve adds another defenseman in their system, which is needed with the loss of Johnson now, Teubert last year, and the promotion of Voyonov. The first replaces the one they lost in the Carter deal.

Most proposals on here are retarded. That one is not based upon the reasons why LA is rumored to have Brown on the block.

It is no secret though that Raymond is underachieving. Even though they need speed, they're not oblivious that Raymond would be a big gamble. They already have 1 player not playing to his potential, penner, they dont need another.
As for Sauve, he is an average d-man. Yes they need defence depth but do you really think they'll take an average depth dman and an underachieving forward for a character well rounded, physical second liner with a steal of a 3 mill cap hit.
That is like trading Kesler to LA for Penner Drewiske and a 1st. LA needs to be gaurenteed that they will have a solid player in return for Brown and a late first rounder, raymond, and Sauve definitely don't cut it.

Do you do:

To Van:
Brown
Mitchell
(a pick or prospect)

To LA:
Hodgson
Raymond
Ballard

Thank you. This is a lot more realistic. Even though this doesnt really address the cap issue for LA, it still is a reasonable proposal for players traded off.
But just take a look at the other proposals in this thread. Too much NHL 12 I think.

Edited by {nhl}, 24 February 2012 - 04:41 PM.

NOBODY BEATS WILLIE

"Give Willie Mitchell a tough assignment and he’ll
treat it like life and death." - Alain Vigneault

#106 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:40 PM

Brown is not being traded.....said so by Elliot Fredimen......... NOT HAPPENIG!!!!!!

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#107 Franz Liszt

Franz Liszt

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

Brown is not being traded.....said so by Elliot Fredimen......... NOT HAPPENIG!!!!!!

Bob McKenzie says otherwise.

120px-Liszt_sign.JPG

#108 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,946 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

... and Mackenzie fired back saying "If he is in fact 'not' available now.. .he MOST CERTAINLY WAS available and being shopped".

I take Mackenzie over Friedman, and he is still saying that it is definitely a possibility.

#109 22Sedinery33

22Sedinery33

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

I wouldn't mind Brown here in Vancouver, 300 hits last year I believe? Something we definitely need.
Posted Image

#110 goblix

goblix

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

... and Mackenzie fired back saying "If he is in fact 'not' available now.. .he MOST CERTAINLY WAS available and being shopped".

I take Mackenzie over Friedman, and he is still saying that it is definitely a possibility.

I don't doubt either source... A GM will go out publicly to say Player X is not available but then will call up a GM and ask what he can get for Player X.
Fact is who really knows if a player is available until the GM actually comes out and says he is. Much like Nash where Howson said not tradable then week later said he's chosen 5 teams to trade with....

#111 billabong

billabong

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:33 PM

Let me ask you this... Who, as a rookie, in their first ever NHL season, green and inexperienced as can be, has scored in every single of the Canucks most important games this season? Who was the most valuable player for team Canada in multiple junior tournaments, when playing with the likes of John Tavares, and Steven Stamkos? So you want to ship him out, for another player who complements so well our entire bottom nine that consists of a bunch of bangers/shooters with no one to dish the puck? Hmmmm let's see, how is that working out for our second line at the moment? Give your head a shake

Hey billabong i'm still looking for an answer... Who in the bottom nine is going to be the play maker when we get rid of Hodgson? We all can see how well the second line is doing having three shooters with great talent but no vision

first of all, i was at hockey.....

second you made some good points but the playoffs are a whole different animal. if hodgson isnt scoring, he cant really contribute anywhere else but with brown if he isnt scoring he is atleast hitting everyone that has the boards

brown isnt a "goal scorer" but he isnt a "playmaker" either so he is a hybrid player...he passes when a pass is open but he shoots when he can shoot....unlike kesler or booth who add a little more dishing into there game, especially booth

i am a strong believer in balancing out the lines (shooter, playmaker, hitter etc...) but if you put brown with the sedins then you can have booth-kesler-burrows as your second line....burrows and brown are very similiar

check it out his goals and assists are about the same(30 goals, 30 assists is virtually his average)
http://tsn.ca/nhl/te...rs/bio/?id=2289

i dont think hodgson ever played with stamkos at the wjc....
Posted Image

#112 billabong

billabong

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:35 PM

Lol my apologies. But to be honest, I think you are under-estimating Cody's potential. He will be a much better player than the Plekanec, Zajac comparisons you mentioned. He is tied for first with 16 goals, he has 32 points placing him top 4, with the least minutes out of the comparable rookies. Stud rookies don't grow on trees. He has the potential to be a point/game player in this league. No he doesn't hit like Brown, but when all is set and done, I guarantee that his numbers will be much more impressive.

hey you might be right....but im just thinking "now", this year and the next is our window and i dont wanna miss it....
Posted Image

#113 westcoast

westcoast

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:36 PM

Whats Browns injury history sheet look like?

#114 susraiders

susraiders

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:37 PM

I would love to get Brown, but I don't see us matching their asking price.

#115 billabong

billabong

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:42 PM

Hodgson's potential is much, much higher than Brown's. Brown isn't that fast, does hit a lot, and has pretty much hit his ceiling in terms of worth. Big deal, he's a captain, and not a great one. Most pundits had LA pegged as a top seed in the west, now they're struggling to score 3 goals a week, and they've got a 50/50 chance at just making the playoffs. I think a better captian would have this team in a better position than they are now. I'd love to have him on the team, but not at the cost of our best young player.

your are right brown isnt having a very good year and you can put some of the blame on him for LA's issues...i think it has more to do with that whole doughty contract dispute in the beginning of year, that couldnt have helped the morale in the dressing room and doughty isnt playing well either.

you look at trading for a "struggling" player i was think "do you think he would be able to turn it around on your hockey team". who cares what kind of an year he is having on his previous team...if you strongly believe he can turn it around(and i do) then it should be worth it
Posted Image

#116 suolucidir

suolucidir

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:43 PM

The asking price would have to be very high. They stand a good chance of meeting us in the first round. Without considering the probably asking price Brown would shut up everyone who says we aren't big enough or tough enough in our top 6.
PSN: CloakOfSkill

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

It bugs me when people pull out the gold medal for an example... Luongo only had to outplay Brodeur.

#117 billabong

billabong

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

temporarily, this would benefit the canucks over a couple seasons, in the long run though, this move would back fire.

it "might" backfire....brown is still young(age 27) and he still signed for the next two years at (3.175) so he will be around for awhile..if he was a ufa at the end of year then absolutely not i would trade hodgson for brown ....but he isnt
Posted Image

#118 billabong

billabong

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:49 PM

That is stupid. Hodgson is better than Brown and will be significantly better than Brown in the future. Doesn't Cody have more goals than Brown?

i hate it when people judge how good a player is on "how many goals they have"

you haft to judge on how much a player "contributes" to the team

who would you rather have, ovechkin or burrows???

ovechkin will out score burrows in their respected careers but i would take burrows over ovechkin any day
Posted Image

#119 canucks3322

canucks3322

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:44 PM

i want brown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to la: hodgson, 2nd pick 2012

to van: brown

so you want to give up our rookie whose going to be our franchise player for brown? look at the stats

Brown 14 goals 17 assist 31 points +6 43 pim TOI 20:21

Hodgson 16 goals 17 assist 33 points +9 8 pim TOI 12:47

#120 canucks3322

canucks3322

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:49 PM

i hate it when people judge how good a player is on "how many goals they have"

you haft to judge on how much a player "contributes" to the team

who would you rather have, ovechkin or burrows???

ovechkin will out score burrows in their respected careers but i would take burrows over ovechkin any day

well you have your opinion but Hodgson will be a better player he's learning how to play in his end at this level and is doing he's a plus player and has the whole package except he doesn't hit

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.